Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

• 09-12-2011 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

had been chatting to gal, getting on well etc, arrange date bit down line as suited us both.

Sent her text midweek had been few days without chat, no response, 2days now no response, not sure what make of it going from all chatty to nothing, reckon might had good date and im not out picture.

MOD WARNING:

This thread is for DISCUSSING ONLINE DATING/EXPERIENCES ONLY.
    It IS NOT:
    A chit chat thread
    A place to pick up a boardsie.

If ye wish to chat, PM one another.

Ignorance of this warning is not an excuse.

Panthro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

with pieces of fruit strategically placed. :D

You know it! Fruit, flower petals, left overs from yesterdays dinner. They really bring out the personality in the picture.

vertumnus.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

The other thread is heading for the 10k mark so has to be closed however it can be found

Here.

Last 2 posts in the original thread have been merged too.

We've seen some success and some heartache in the other thread,as well as some serious WTF lulz,keep it up folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Was told by a guy last night that I'd been chatting to that he felt "no spark"...... I've never even met up with the guy. Ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

booboo88 wrote: »
    Was told by a guy last night that I'd been chatting to that he felt "no spark"...... I've never even met up with the guy. Ah well

his loss so ;), if he hadn't said that the odds are that the emails back n forth would have gotten shorter and eventually just peter out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

woo hoo new thread :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Well I just logged onto OKCupid and permanently deleted my account. I had it marked as disabled rather than deleted but I've less than no interest in internet dating so I got rid of it completely. So to the best of my knowledge, I have no profiles on any internet dating sites at all.

To my surprise I am still not missing it at all. I've no plans to go back to it anytime soon either.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Balfie wrote: »
    woo hoo new thread :)

I actually gasped when I saw the other thread locked. :o

Good luck to peeps with dates this weekend.

MudSkipper wrote: »
    his loss so ;), if he hadn't said that the odds are that the emails back n forth would have gotten shorter and eventually just peter out
    But he says he likes talking to me, that im cute sweet and really nice, bit nothing....

ah i just dont get it

def his loss ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Last nights date went awesome, think this one might work out! Coming over tonight for TV and chats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

zuroph wrote: »
    Last nights date went awesome, think this one might work out! Coming over tonight for TV and chats :)
    Oooohhhh exciting :) best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Lil Dexter will win her over fo sure :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

G-Money wrote: »
    Well I just logged onto OKCupid and permanently deleted my account. I had it marked as disabled rather than deleted but I've less than no interest in internet dating so I got rid of it completely. So to the best of my knowledge, I have no profiles on any internet dating sites at all.

To my surprise I am still not missing it at all. I've no plans to go back to it anytime soon either.

I think that my POF account is headed in the same direction.It went from being fun at the beginning to becoming a bit of a nuissance with the bizarre messages and same old profiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

My eye keeps looking for the thread with a million pages in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Had a date Thursday night with a guy I meet on a dating site. Got on great and the date ended with a kiss. He seemed quite keen but I haven't heard from him since and I logged on tonight to see if he was on line and he was!

Would you take that to mean (a) he isn't interested or (b) he is trying to keep his options open or other (please give opinion).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Coming over tonight for TV and chats :)
    Suuuuuuuuure.:)

• What really bugs me about online dating is the fickleness of some people; you could be talking for ages and getting on so well and then, for seemingly no reason, they disappear or just don't reply anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

What really bugs me about online dating is the fickleness of some people; you could be talking for ages and getting on so well and then, for seemingly no reason, they disappear or just don't reply anymore.

I suppose the key is to try and work towards meeting up before someone else slides in. The girl your messaging is probably messaging a few other guys at the same time and any of them could pounce if you hang around for too long.

Had a date Thursday night with a guy I meet on a dating site. Got on great and the date ended with a kiss. He seemed quite keen but I haven't heard from him since and I logged on tonight to see if he was on line and he was!

Would you take that to mean (a) he isn't interested or (b) he is trying to keep his options open or other (please give opinion).

Hard to say. He could just have been checking his messages or something, or I guess he could be replying to other girls.

I know if I like a girl and I'm keen on her and the date went well, wild horses couldn't stop me from at least texting her or something the next day.

What really bugs me about online dating is the fickleness of some people; you could be talking for ages and getting on so well and then, for seemingly no reason, they disappear or just don't reply anymore.

I've had this too, sometimes you can be chatting away and then bang, silence. But there are plenty more out there so I wouldn't let it bother you. I find that you simply can't afford to put all your eggs in one basket when it comes to internet dating. At least until you've went out with the girl once or twice and you both like each other.

I know this is probably an unpopular opinion in these days of constant disposable relationships etc, but I'd prefer to date one woman at a time and I think I'd be a bit put out if I was meeting a girl and she already had another date lined up with someone else. But I guess it really depends. Sometimes I've agreed to meet up with girls and not been massively bothered about doing so and in those cases, I wouldn't care too much. But if it was someone I liked or thought I might really like, then I wouldn't be too happy about it.

grrrr the guys who send messages, and all they say is ..hi..

Yea cause you sound like you'd make great conversation.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

grrrr the guys who send messages, and all they say is ..hi..

Yea cause you sound like you'd make great conversation.:rolleyes:

You'd be surprised at the number of girls who've sent me messages saying the same thing. All that they say is "hi, how r u?" and that's it.

You'd be surprised at the number of girls who've sent me messages saying the same thing. All that they say is "hi, how r u?" and that's it.
    But how are you isnt that bad. how are you is a question at least, the get the flow started

But how are you isnt that bad. how are you is a question at least, the get the flow started

I think I might have just got the "Hi" message too, but to be honest, either saying "hi" or "hi, how r u?" show very little effort IMHO. Especially as if a guy was to send a message like that, he would get no reply. So I don't see why some girls think they can get away with the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

what's the best site for internet dating these days?

what's the best site for internet dating these days?

I like this one www.idontbotherwithinternetdatinganymore.com

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

very mature.

date night two went awesome again, feel ridiculously comfortable already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Ditto.This despite me saying on my profile to not contact me unless you've something more to say.Infact, >90% of the girls that have ever contacted me have sent that as their first message.Like G-Money said,if a guy was to send a message like that he'd be extremely lucky to get a reply.C'mon girls....a bit of effort!

Edit:Is it just me or does anyone else find any of the "fishing" related or something along the lines of "looking for a nice/intelligent guy" headlines on POF as an instant turn off?

no greater turn off than a girls profile that has no info on it but 5 photos. Its literally saying "dont care about my opinion, just fancy me". It like they couldnt be arsed to write something about themselves, but glad to take all the compliments for their photos from desperate lads. Same goes for the totally blank profiles who then message you saying "hi, how r u". Conversation is already laboured at that stage.

• Advertisement

no greater turn off than a girls profile that has no info on it but 5 photos. Its literally saying "dont care about my opinion, just fancy me". It like they couldnt be arsed to write something about themselves, but glad to take all the compliments for their photos from desperate lads. Same goes for the totally blank profiles who then message you saying "hi, how r u". Conversation is already laboured at that stage.

Yep. Some of them have the attitude of "I'm a girl/good looking so I don't have to make any effort".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement