Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CX oriental shop

• 18-09-2011 8:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

does anyone know where the cx oriental shop by tramore road has moved to or has it closed for good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

rabboni wrote: »
    does anyone know where the cx oriental shop by tramore road has moved to or has it closed for good?

It's across from the back of the College....C.S.N...

It's still open,,but they are due to move.

They seem to be confused to where they are moving though..Each time We go in,,some say it's over by Woodies,by the old Turners Cross Motors..Others say it's by the old Woodies,where Harvey Normans is now.

Either way,until they do move,,they have very very little stock left in the place on Tramore Rd..

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Freemount09

Any update on this ? Have they opened up somewhere else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Their Facebook page says roughly three weeks from 20th September - behind Great Gas

http://www.facebook.com/pages/CX-Oriental-Cash-Carry-Ltd/263594149008

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I think it's fair to assume that they actually have closed...

I've been checking on the Kinsale Road a number of times now, but no sign of them.
    It's a crying shame, I liked the place for getting spices and other things supermarkets seem to be scared to carry, like tinned bean sprouts and bamboo shoots...

Shenshen wrote: »
    I think it's fair to assume that they actually have closed...

I've been checking on the Kinsale Road a number of times now, but no sign of them.
    It's a crying shame, I liked the place for getting spices and other things supermarkets seem to be scared to carry, like tinned bean sprouts and bamboo shoots...

+1...

We used to go there mostly for the bags of King Prawns,as well as other stuff..

You just can't get decent size prawns anywhere else for the price they had them at...

Well,just can't get decent size prawns anywhere anymore....The ones in the supermarkets,just shrivel up when you cook them,and the guys in the market just rip you off for them.

Ahh well....Good while it lasted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭maryishairy

Great place for buying spices and rice or noodles in bulk (they did a lovely brown rice). Supermarket stuff doesn't compare (in price or taste). It will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

Does anybody know where I could get a chinese lantern in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TBoneMan

If you are looking for really good chinese/asian food there is only one place to go...Jia Jia on the Coal Quay, across from the bridewell...looks like a gift shop from the out side but once you enter you realise its an asian market.

And yes they even have lanterns upstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭be wide of me

According to my girlfriend who was in Great Gas today, she was told when inquiring that the CX cash and Carry will open in 2 weeks time on the old Turners Cross Motors site. Apparently planning delays held up the opening!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

*fingers crossed*

• Advertisement

According to my girlfriend who was in Great Gas today, she was told when inquiring that the CX cash and Carry will open in 2 weeks time on the old Turners Cross Motors site. Apparently planning delays held up the opening!

Great news if it's true...

Pity they could not keep people updated via their facebook page though...It doesn't take much..

Hopefully they won't have lost too many customers or business over it.

Fingers crossed +2.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,663 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Anyone have any updates on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Chessala

Would like to know that too if possible....been praying it comes back after all.

Open this weekend called in the other day to the petrol station it's right next door to it. They had some stock in the shop so things look hopefull!!

I pass the location of where they are supposed to be opening the new shop a few times a day...

No sign of anything happening there.

It's a pity they can't keep anything updated...Even via their facebook page.

It's a case of just got to keep waiting. :(

SexyGuy wrote: »
    I pass the location of where they are supposed to be opening the new shop a few times a day...

No sign of anything happening there.

It's a pity they can't keep anything updated...Even via their facebook page.

It's a case of just got to keep waiting. :(

Right next door to the entrance to the shop, on the left is the entrance to their new store if you noticed they cleard all the hoardings and there are trolleys in there. Was in the garage Wednesday and they told my girlfriend it was open this weekend. When i looked in they had some washing powder and other sorts stocked at the front so i presume it is all systems go!

Fantastic....

Must pop over and have a drive around..

Thanks,,Be Wide.

Right....

I think they have finally opened..

I passed in on Saturday on the way for a few beers,,and I saw the doors were open,and people going in and out.

I'll try to take a drive over in the morning to confirm.....

Or hopefully someone might beat Me to it.

Wouldn't bother if i were you it's about 10% the size of the original. Was disappointed. Selection wasn't great. The only redeeming feature was the bags of raw frozen prawns!

Thanks Be Wide...

Suits Me perfect....

We only used to shop there for the prawns anyway..Can't get decent ones anywhere else around...Not without being ripped off anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭Milly33

Incase anyone is looking for well spices, sauces and bits. I was in the Veg shop that has opened up just past the post office as if you are heading to Turners Cross (is it the south douglas road)...The first right after the post office then the next right..They had a great selection of paste and all that goes..

I think that's the Dosco Ind Est..

Thanks for that Milly...

Must pop out and have a look around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Milly33 wrote: »
    Incase anyone is looking for well spices, sauces and bits. I was in the Veg shop that has opened up just past the post office as if you are heading to Turners Cross (is it the south douglas road)...The first right after the post office then the next right..They had a great selection of paste and all that goes..

Directions slightly off there I think. First right after the post office coming from Douglas is a small cul de sac between the post office and the spar shop...I know as I am from there originally :-)

You mean Dosco Industrial estate I assume...also the veg shop is the third turn on the right once you are in the estate (i think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

So - is the CX store actually open now? I'd like to go there to get some prawns...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,521 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

So - is the CX store actually open now? .

Yip.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ludo wrote: »
    Directions slightly off there I think. First right after the post office coming from Douglas is a small cul de sac between the post office and the spar shop...I know as I am from there originally :-)

You mean Dosco Industrial estate I assume...also the veg shop is the third turn on the right once you are in the estate (i think).

Ah sorry, my bad I just remember to turn before the pretty house with all the flowers :D But thats the one Dosco's...They seem to be really good value..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,663 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Just checked out the new CX.
    Pretty rubbish compared to the old store.
    It might expand in the future.
    I won't be going further than Jia Jia.

Still the search goes on for Annatto seeds (tried that veg shop in Dosco estate too)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

where is this shop actually located can someone mark it on google maps or something cause i dont have a clue , where this great gas service station is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

its just before Woodies if your coming from Turners cross or just after it coming from the Kinsale roundabout

• Advertisement

where is this shop actually located can someone mark it on google maps or something cause i dont have a clue , where this great gas service station is :D

If it's any help..It's on the site of the old Turners Cross Motors/MSL. It's right next to Woodies DIY. (On the left as you face it)

You will see the petrol station,and CX is actually "attached" to the left hand side of the building as you look at it.

Which direction would you be coming from?

Advertisement