Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rag Day Concert?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

ciano1 wrote: »
    Huh? Why??
    NUIG event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Labyrinth? The guy with two songs? Can't see them pulling much of a crowd, they might throw in keywest and Byrno though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

f1dan wrote: »
    So apparently it's gonna be Labrinth that are playing now

Where'd you hear this from?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JonathanByrne

cgpg5 wrote: »
    they might throw in keywest and Byrno though..

ah no.

ah no.

It would be a good thing ;) Labrinth on his own is not gonna work imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

J o e wrote: »
    Where'd you hear this from?

Can't disclose my source but I have it on pretty good authority

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭ciano1

Anybody hear anything else about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Anybody hear anything else about this?

According to the Education Officer at the most recent SU Council meeting:

• €25
    • Waiting to get confirmation on some acts
    • In-and-around the College Bar
    • Spring Break theme

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

According to the Education Officer at the most recent SU Council meeting:

€25
    No recession here, eh?
    Waiting to get confirmation on some acts
    Any idea who?
    Spring Break theme
    How is this BS going to add a new and exciting/interesting twist to a normal RAG week?

• Advertisement

Does this have anything to do with it?
    https://www.facebook.com/events/282464475158611/

Does this have anything to do with it?
    https://www.facebook.com/events/282464475158611/

Hmnn that's odd... it looks to be a different Pyro Soc event fundraising for Cancer Care West but has the same Spring Break theme and on just 4 days earlier... :confused:

Disappointingly predictable lineup for an NUIG event...
    I'd say expect someone like Keywest followed by DJ Byrno. :o I do hope I'm wrong though.

pyro_1.jpg

Disappointingly predictable lineup for an NUIG event...

On the up side, that means that the actual event on the 25th will be less predictable! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DieselPower

Heard a good few different rumours around college this week,

one girl even claimed Flo Rida would be headlining.

I have still to be convinced about having it on a Sunday:cool:

Heard a good few different rumours around college this week,

one girl even claimed Flo Rida would be headlining.

I have still to be convinced about having it on a Sunday:cool:

LOl...

Yeah Sunday is a strange one would've been good to have it on the last day of lectures possibly, which would be a Thursday, meaning no real trouble could roll over to the next day/night as students would be heading home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

The man with the one of the coolest playing styles in modern music?? Go for that man. I'm still intrigued as to who will actually be playing at this thing, I wouldn't get my hopes up, but I'd still keep my ears open in case someone good is actually at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭pinkballetdance

Whatever the line up I've in house exams every day the following week worth between 15 and 30% of my final marks, so no chance of being able to attend. You think the SU would think about their students before picking a date like that...

Whatever the line up I've in house exams every day the following week worth between 15 and 30% of my final marks, so no chance of being able to attend. You think the SU would think about their students before picking a date like that...

What course are you in? Tbh I've never heard of house exams around that time. And to say they're not thinking of their students is unfair, you're never going to suit everyone. Having it at towards the end of lectures and before everyone breaks up for study week is as good a time as any to have it, I'd just have an issue with the choice of day.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭pinkballetdance

What course are you in? Tbh I've never heard of house exams around that time. And to say they're not thinking of their students is unfair, you're never going to suit everyone. Having it at towards the end of lectures and before everyone breaks up for study week is as good a time as any to have it, I'd just have an issue with the choice of day.

Ya ok that was a bit unfair, just kinda annoyed with their choice of day! Im in 1st med and we've "Spot Tests" in our labs that week and OSCE exams as well. I know were not the only course though that has exams that week. I've a bigger issue though with the fact that they'd haveit on a sunday cos people have weekend jobs and the like and they'll have issues getting time off.

• Advertisement

Ya ok that was a bit unfair, just kinda annoyed with their choice of day! Im in 1st med and we've "Spot Tests" in our labs that week and OSCE exams as well. I know were not the only course though that has exams that week. I've a bigger issue though with the fact that they'd haveit on a sunday cos people have weekend jobs and the like and they'll have issues getting time off.

Agreed completely it seems like madness. The following Thursday is surely the logical choice... Will have to see how it goes but I can't imagine a very large turnout on the Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bawn92

Simian moblie disco are playing and im sure of it :)

bawn92 wrote: »
    Simian moblie disco are playing and im sure of it :)

According to their website, they're in Buenos Aires that day....

Bit of a trek, hope the SU are laying on buses...

429219_343475259021687_120206624681886_868180_1125103443_n.jpg
    This Thursday....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Smash hits are fairly good. They played at my office christmas party last year.
    Buck Taylor is also pretty good. I might go if I had nothing better to do but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

That's a serious fall from grace. €25 down to €5? I'm guessing they never got confirmation on those "big acts".

The 29th? Those fools clearly haven't thought things through - obviously everyone will be at underwater chess that evening...

Clashing with the Sports Awards Ball! :mad:

Would have paid the €5 for Ryan Sheridan. The Kanyu Tree have been added to the list since.

• Advertisement

I'm guessing the fact that bildo thanked my post suggests that I was right about missing out on the big acts? Care to enlighten us?

Advertisement