Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vivienne westwood shoes

• 04-02-2012 11:42am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

does anywhere in dublin stock vivienne westwood shoes? have been searching for an ireland stockist and cant find any:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Depends on what type of Westwood shoes you're looking for? I've seen the Melissa x Westwood collab in BT2 before.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

I love her shoes! But I don't think anywhere does Vivienne Westwood shoes in Ireland at all. Arnott's used to stock the clothes (maybe they still do, I'm not sure), as did Brown Thomas. House of Fraser did their handbags, but not their clothes AFAIK.

Vivienne Westwood for Melissa shoes are easier to get - I saw them in BTs once, and they do some of them in a boutique in Gorey called Ruby Rouge, and presumably a few other independent shops around.

Your best best is probably online though. I've seen them here:

http://www.viviennewestwood.co.uk
    http://www.my-wardrobe.com/
    http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk
    http://www.asos.com
    http://www.melissaaustralia.com.au

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

thanks will check bt's - need to try them on before i order them online, i have as i have hooves :o

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've only seen the Melissa Vivienne Westwood shoes in Dublin - Cinders on Wicklow street carry them.

Arnott's & House of Fraser carry the handbags, but not the shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

I have 2 pairs of Vivienne Westwood, I couldn't find anywhere over here to get them so I got them in London. I bought them in a shop called Poste Mistress.

I do know Arnotts had some of her handbags before Christmas.

I am normally a 7 but I had to get an 8 in my Viv's. Wanted to be sure that if i forked out the money I would actually get the wear out of them.

Which ones are you buying?

• Advertisement

was looking for a pair of melissa love heart shoes.

i am having a nervous breakdown trying to find a pretty pair of shoes that fit my feet.

every night for the last week i have been dreaming (or rather having nightmares) of shoes.

if i dont get a pair to fit me soon, i think i might end up single :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

irishbird wrote: »
    was looking for a pair of melissa love heart shoes.

i am having a nervous breakdown trying to find a pretty pair of shoes that fit my feet.

every night for the last week i have been dreaming (or rather having nightmares) of shoes.

if i dont get a pair to fit me soon, i think i might end up single :(

Asos stock the melissa shoes - if its a case that they don't fit you could return them? (Depending on whether or not they do free returns in ireland)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭-aboutagirl-

I've seen them in Cinders and in Clerys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I saw the VW/Melissa shoes in BT2, Dundrum last summer. My leg was in cast at the time so I didn't try them on. I went back looking for them a few weeks ago and they didn't seem to have any VW/Melissa shoes at all. I really would have liked to try on those pink flocked shoes...

Vivienne-Westwood-X-Melissa-shoes-Skyscraper-(Pink-Flocked)-010604.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Neola boutique :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've definitely seen the flocked shoes in Cinders - in a royal blue, don't remember the pink. I'm actually really thinking of buying, they're lovely on.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

+1 for Cinders, got a pair there last year.

I have two pairs of the heart Melissa ones and they're so comfortable! I'll also add I'm a size 7 with really wide feet :D Maybe the plastic nature of them moulds to your feet?

dudara wrote: »
    I've definitely seen the flocked shoes in Cinders - in a royal blue, don't remember the pink. I'm actually really thinking of buying, they're lovely on.

Thanks, I'll check out Cinders next time I'm in town. Royal blue sounds like it could be nice and they look very cute. I could definitely see myself wearing them as part of a dressy or casual outfit. :D
    Twee. wrote: »
    +1 for Cinders, got a pair there last year.

I have two pairs of the heart Melissa ones and they're so comfortable! I'll also add I'm a size 7 with really wide feet :D Maybe the plastic nature of them moulds to your feet?

I love the look of those shoes but does the plastic make your feet very sweaty?

right, i went to cinders and tried them on today.

they were a little tight but the girl in the shop said they mould to your feet shape - i was/am a little dubious - is that just sales patter? i have so many shoes that i cant wear because they are too tight.

also with them being plastic are they sweaty?

and one final questions, the floor in cinders is spongy so it makes the shoes fill more comfortable or are they actually comfortable

thanks -

EDIT just seen twee's post

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Beffy

I got a pair of them last year in Ruby Rouge. Didnt get to try them on. I've wide feet and also a size 7. Havent worn them. They're too tight for me, they are now gathering dust :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

they were a little tight but the girl in the shop said they mould to your feet shape - i was/am a little dubious - is that just sales patter? i have so many shoes that i cant wear because they are too tight.

also with them being plastic are they sweaty?

and one final questions, the floor in cinders is spongy so it makes the shoes fill more comfortable or are they actually comfortable

thanks -

EDIT just seen twee's post

I don't think they sweat any more than a faux leather pair of shoes. They do mould to your feet, in my experience, and are very comfortable. The sole is cushioned and they aren't really that high.

And the smell, oh the smell! Delicious! Like those old cup cake dolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Laman

Hi Irishbird,

I am also looking for the Melissa shoes with the hearts on.
    Can you remember what colours Cinders have? I am looking to get them in black but also looking for a older season's pair which were bright Pink with red hearts

Have been googling all day and I nearly got caught with a pair on ebay that turned out to be fakes!!! :eek:

Laman wrote: »
    Hi Irishbird,

I am also looking for the Melissa shoes with the hearts on.
    Can you remember what colours Cinders have? I am looking to get them in black but also looking for a older season's pair which were bright Pink with red hearts

Have been googling all day and I nearly got caught with a pair on ebay that turned out to be fakes!!! :eek:

If you don't mind buying online, brandalley.co.uk occassionally have past season VW Melissa shoes on sale. You can sign up for free or get a member (like me:o) to invite you and you'll get £10 off your first order.

If you don't mind buying online, brandalley.co.uk occassionally have past season VW Melissa shoes on sale. You can sign up for free or get a member (like me:o) to invite you and you'll get £10 off your first order.

i hate webmarsall - that site is blocked in work :mad:

Advertisement