Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Banking365 online makeover thoughts??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Working fine now.

Using iPad and no issues compared to earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

It's cat. I never thought I'd say it, but bring back the old one.

Have finally been able to login, want to make payments to other accounts, but when you go into payments, bills and payments are now on separate sections and you have to go through multiple screens to make a payment, first to choose the account you are paying from and then choosing an account to pay into from a drop down list. As I am the payee in question each time it now offers me a choice of five accounts each called 'rainbowtrout'. How the fcuk am I supposed to know which one is which. At least on the old system I could see the name of each account, AIB, Ulster Bank etc and I was the payee. Utter rubbish.

I've just found where the details of all these accounts are so now I have to go and change them all.

After that you have a third screen for the amount. All of this could be completed in seconds on one screen on the old site. :mad:

Just discovered that I can't amend the details of those accounts. I can delete them or make a payment, so now I'm stuck with four accounts to pay into each with my name as the only listing. What a ball of shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

yes, just tried it, what a pile of rubbish, old one worked perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ Landen Shy Reef

The old one was clunky, and it too long to do common tasks, or even find out where to do them.

This version looks better, has most of the commonly used features in obvious places (and nice things like a quick statement without moving page) and for me has been pretty snappy.

They completely overhauled their banking software and it suffered performance issues. Its hard for them to know exactly what effect full load will have until they roll out.

Thumbs up to BOI from me. (I am a web application developer by profession.)

The old one was clunky, and it too long to do common tasks, or even find out where to do them.

This version looks better, has most of the commonly used features in obvious places (and nice things like a quick statement without moving page) and for me has been pretty snappy.

They completely overhauled their banking software and it suffered performance issues. Its hard for them to know exactly what effect full load will have until they roll out.

Thumbs up to BOI from me. (I am a web application developer by profession.)

How is having to go through three screens instead of one when making a payment an improvement? Or the fact that the payee is displayed instead of the account details. I'm the payee on all my accounts so a drop down list of my name is hardly an improvement if I don't know which account is which.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Agreed, it's a bit worrying when someone who does this for a living thinks its an improvement. I'm concerned the designers of BOI site are clapping each other on the back when it's probably cost a fortune and made no real difference except for not being tested properly and frsh look with a poor UI design adding extra screens and drop down menus when previously it worked better. I've been with them since the token days and it's hardly changed in all those years.

The old one wasn't clunky, it just looked clunky, they've made it look nicer but less user friendly. Pretty much the opposite of what the priority should have been.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

It's very annoying the frequency we're presented with new style web sites and there was nothing wrong with the old ones.Gmail are at it again bbc too and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

So so slow and then when I think I'm getting somewhere,this happens:mad:

For security reasons the use of the back, forward and refresh buttons of the browser are not recommended and may result in your session being timed out. Your session may also be terminated if you perform another action while the page is still loading.

Your session has been terminated and you have been logged out.

time after time.
    Not a good start.

doovdela wrote: »
    They should all be there. I checked all mine and they are all there.
    Look into 'Manage Accounts' option. Manage account's list will have option for manage standing orders and direct debits.

Manage payee's is in manage accounts option also. There is a quick way to pay a payee. 365 Home option, Quick transfer, go to drop down menu where it says what account you want your money to come from 'From account' drop down menu select the account you want to pay from, then 'to account' drop down menu select the account you want to pay too should have the payees as options on the drop down list.

I find clicking on the arrow is slightly quicker than clicking on the text when navigating.

Ya, but if you have a number of bank accounts and you are the payee on each one, it shows up your name several times and doesn't say which account is which, as it does for me, so I can't use that feature as I don't know which of the four 'rainbowtrout' payees is which.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cactus10

How is having to go through three screens instead of one when making a payment an improvement?

I guess you have to be a developer to understand...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

cactus10 wrote: »
    yes the whole idea is that BOI are gradually phasing in a "Per click " charge on the website , the more you click the more you pay , so therefore the ones who use the website most pay the most , its a great idea. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

yes the whole idea is that BOI are gradually phasing in a "Per click " charge on the website , the more you click the more you pay , so therefore the ones who use the website most pay the most , its a great idea. :D

Now we're getting somewhere!
    Next... google ads...
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

As I posted elsewhere on boards,

So so slow and then when I think I'm getting somewhere,this happensmad.gif

For security reasons the use of the back, forward and refresh buttons of the browser are not recommended and may result in your session being timed out. Your session may also be terminated if you perform another action while the page is still loading.

time after time.
    Not a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

<comicbookguy>
    Worst
    Makeover
    Ever
    </comicbookguy>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

thefishone wrote: »
    As I posted elsewhere on boards,

So so slow and then when I think I'm getting somewhere,this happensmad.gif

time after time.
    Not a good start.

Not a bother here on Firefox, quicker than old one and easier to navigate, happy so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

Works no bother here on Firefox, very quick and easy to navigate, quick money transfer is nice.

Happy with the change, well done BOI!

Would like to add my Mortgage account as a payee would be nice, for overpayments etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

It's working great for me, my accounts and beneficiaries are there and it's absolutely flying along, way quicker than the old site. I'm quite happy with it. Using Chrome on a Mac here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭cson

I often wonder why BOI/Google/Facebook decide to fuck around with what's a tried and tested formula which clearly works.

I mean you'd think the Vista effect would be ironed onto Corporations heads at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

This is indeed shíte.

For anyone who can't find beneficiaries, have a look through everywhere possible, they're there somewhere. I managed to find mine after rooting around for 15 minutes while being logged out over and over.

It seems like they haven't changed the functionality of it at all but rather tried to make it appear slicker, which it isn't. The font reminds me of a holiday brochure. Very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Worked fine for me this morning at 07.20. Might be an issue with the volume of traffic that it's carrying as the new version may not be using all of the servers. Have not tried to pay a bill or do a transfer yet!

Happy about: the due date of the credit card statement is finally visable. That bugged me bigtime, was this a deliberate attempt to prevent payments by the due date? Good to see that this information is finally available.

Unhappy about: the length of time it takes for a payment of funds to credit onto a BOI credit card. I paid the balance of my last statement on Monday at 17.12. This payment did not appear on the credit card statement until Wednesday am. There is no reason whatsoever for the delays in processing these in-house payments. There is only one holding account for BOI Euro credit cards - surely it should be realtime, CTFO BOI!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dimma

Well logged in, looks more modern, transfered betwen accounts and it was pretty snappy for sure. Only time will tell if it is better, one thing I did not like was when you transfered money, if you wanted to keep a record, it did not show date and time like old one.

I for one think it is ok but then old one was ok, time will tell for sure but it was quick to use and thats all I need to be able to pay bills such as credit card. least it works now unlike this morning eh!!! what a mess up for a new site that was!!!!! Thanks Bank of Ireland, jury is still out but we will give it a chance!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Courageous Rabbit

It's a joke,why can't people leave things be that work properly,I reckon somebody in I.T. decided on having a brainwave and wanted to create the new website in order to keep himself in a job.

All my accounts are gone that I used to pay bills and now I have to go to the bother of re-registering them and I've also noticed some of the accounts I use to pay into aren't even listed anymore.

My wife's a/c is exactly the same

What a joke BOI are.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

You sound ridiculous and have no idea how a business operates at that level, clearly.

OP, enraged? No. I bet you got enraged when Facebook made changes too. I get enraged at things that matter in life...which reminds me...get one.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Redhot devil is correct i'm fed up with trying to figure out redesigned sites too.They were ok but somebody decided to improve on what was good and easily understood.Complicated the thing even more.FED UP WITH IT.

cactus10 wrote: »

What a patronising comment. So the website development is there to suit the developer and not the end user - the customer?

I couldn't care less what the developer has to do to get the thing working, but adding more screens to what was a simple process in my view is not an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dimma

And wait till they add the new features next year, can you not chnge the names on accounts like you could before so you know what account is what, also it gives a few of the account numbers after the discription so you know what account is what!!!!
    Still not great but it is pretty fast,,maybe its the time of the evening but it works so far, yes it should be developed for the end user not some tool in BOI.

I transfered money between 2 accounts just to check it out and it worked, next week I will pay credit card on it and hope it works fine....... :)

dimma wrote: »
    And wait till they add the new features next year, can you not chnge the names on accounts like you could before so you know what account is what, also it gives a few of the account numbers after the discription so you know what account is what!!!!
    Still not great but it is pretty fast,,maybe its the time of the evening but it works so far, yes it should be developed for the end user not some tool in BOI.

I transfered money between 2 accounts just to check it out and it worked, next week I will pay credit card on it and hope it works fine....... :)

It doesn't allow you to change the name of the payee and that is what shows up as the list of accounts to choose from in the drop down menu when you are choosing one to transfer money into, so instead of having a list like 'rainbow trout - aib a/c, rainbow trout - ulster bank a/c, rainbow trout - nib a/c, it just has rainbowtrout listed multiple times which is useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I can't log in at all. wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dimma02

well its Friday morning and another day on this crappy website, really slow again and its 9.30am, was ok last night at midnight but i guess when traffic start to use it, it is slow again, what a load of crap it really is for sure, logged me off on its own too!!!!!

i really hope they sort this out as its not very good at all,anyone else experiencing slowness again on this site this morning?????:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dimma02

again slow as f**k this morning will be phoning them soon again on this,,what a crap site it is, i cannot use it if it is this slow,,anyone else having same issues this morning with it, was ok last night late but slow again now!!!!

Advertisement