Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

P99 Takedown

• 07-12-2007 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭

Maruzen P99. Can't seem to get the slide off. She won't budge and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. Anyone got a step by step on it?

I can find videos of it on YouTube but I can't see that I'm doing anything different

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Remove mag, pull slide back and lock, pull down take down switchunder trigger on frame, pull down back cover, where the hammer cock indicator sticks out, slide forward and off.

Now answer my troubleshooting question!

Edit: at least bump it, Its driving me mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Ahhhhhhhhh perfect. I saw the diagram pointing to the safety switch and I thought it meant take the safety off, not pull down the switch altogether. Damn thats clever. Those people at Walther think of everything

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Right, now how do I put it back together because the slide will not slide all the way back onto the frame and I'd rather not force it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

NakedDex wrote: »
    Right, now how do I put it back together because the slide will not slide all the way back onto the frame and I'd rather not force it

Mag out, take down switch down, cover for back off, slide on, pull back to lock, put on back cover, up with take down switch.

If that isnt working the recoil spring guide isnt in properly where it sits against the barrel.

Edit: Dex, this is what I was asking in that pm!:D

Advertisement