Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer ferrari and XP x64

• 01-10-2005 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭

I was thinking about getting an Acer Ferrari 4005WLMi and getting XP pro x64 until I read it has limited software compatibility. So does that mean some or most programs wont work on it? Should I stick with XP pro?

Also are there any laptops that can match that one for that price (~€1900). The features I like are
    1GB RAM
    128MB ATI graphics
    100GB HD
    slot load dvd drive
    bluetooth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

it has limited software compatibility
    Yes this is a wee problem, im using it and I had to change my virus scaner from avg to avast, I cant use deamon tools either. But I havent had any problems with battelfield 2 and most of my other software.

Take a look at the Acer Aspire 5024WLMi. All yours for about €1350 inc shipping, thats what I payed:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Hmm I think I'll give the 64bit windows a miss and put 64bit linux on it.
    ARGINITE wrote:
    Take a look at the Acer Aspire 5024WLMi. All yours for about €1350 inc shipping, thats what I payed:)
    That looks real good actually. Where did you buy yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

I bought mine here , but since then they have changed the spec. So try here.

Advertisement