Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pitch & putt courses in clare?

• 28-07-2007 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

can anyone recommend any?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Depends on what part of the county you are in really.
    On the coast there is a really nice 18 hole lynx pitch and putt on the road between lahinch and liscannor. Just as you are coming into Liscannor village it's on the left you can't miss it.
    I have played it a couple of times it's fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭raido9

There's one just outside ennis on the lahinch road if I'm not mistaken. Its been a while since I've played there but it was a decent course.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭latchiko

Evil_Clown wrote:
    On the coast there is a really nice 18 hole lynx pitch and putt on the road between lahinch and liscannor.
    I've played that course a few times too. It's a great little course, the dunes make it that bit more interesting than most P&P courses.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There's 1 at the Halfway House pub on the way into Ennis, nice little course, there's another 1 further out the Lahinch road in Kilnamona, that 1 up in Lahinch is susposed to be great.

It's been a while since I played pnp, sorry I can't be more help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

The Walton Lodge, on the road between Sixmilebridge and Newmarket-on-Fergus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭GospelGroupie

Walton Lodge is nice, but a bit hard to find. From Shannon heading to Sixmilebridge, turn left just after Ministers Cross (a petrol-station & shop on a cross-roads), heading up towards Kilkishen. Cross the SMB to NOF road and keep going. Walton Lodge is on your right-hand-side.

Another good course is on your left as you head out towards Doolan pier. It's hilly & blustery, but a very good course all the same, in a great part of the county.

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

I don't play PnP much any more but the course in Kilnamona is fantastic. The family that run it are also very, very pleasant to deal with. Definate thumbs up from me.

The one at the Halfway is also decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Wanders_fan

one in lahinch is savage the one in doolin(not sure if its still open)is pretty class too.toss up between the two for the best

• Registered Users Posts: 23 haille

Try Woodpark pitch and putt club at Mountshannon in East Clare ,surrounded by native woodland trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

The Halfway House? Beside the West County on the way into Ennis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

The Half Way House is a decent course. I haven't tried the one 8 or 9 miles out the Lahinch road yet. Keep forgetting it's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Laserface

haille wrote: »
    Try Woodpark pitch and putt club at Mountshannon in East Clare ,surrounded by native woodland trees.

savage!!!!
    just what i was looking for.
    thanks Haille

god, isn't the internet brilliant?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Mountshannon is a lovely spot actually

Advertisement