Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The O.C.- most unimaginative script writers.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

banquo wrote:
    ...it always felt like a slightly simpler version of the "West Wing" or "gimore girls."

The West Wing???

WTF?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

John R wrote:
    Making your stupid point for a second time in big letters doesn't make it any more worthy of attention.

Yeah, but it doesnt make it any less true

• Registered Users Posts: 16,452 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I completely agree with Jazzy.
    The OC is a nothing program, just absolute drivel. and yeah, it is a creek clone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Hester

nevernev wrote:
    But it has an OK sound track at times. Thinking of the "hallelluja" music end of last season! Go Rufus!
    Um, that was Jeff Buckley :p But yeah, it did sound great (doesn't it always?)

I thought that Dawson's Creek took itself way too seriously. All the "psychobabble" the characters used to spout was a bit much :rolleyes:

The OC is just a bit of fun. It can be really funny at times (Sandy and Seth especially.) It's entertaining and I watch it to see what crazy storyline going to come up next. It's not supposed to be realistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

John R wrote:
    The West Wing???

WTF?

oh aye, it has very much the same type of structure and dialogue style as the west wing, and a little but like the GIlmore Girls. compare an ep of TWW from around the second series to the current series of the O.C and you'll see what I mean.

west wing rocks tbh. well.. it used to, anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Hester wrote:
    Um, that was Jeff Buckley :p But yeah, it did sound great (doesn't it always?)

I thought that Dawson's Creek took itself way too seriously. All the "psychobabble" the characters used to spout was a bit much :rolleyes:

The OC is just a bit of fun. It can be really funny at times (Sandy and Seth especially.) It's entertaining and I watch it to see what crazy storyline going to come up next. It's not supposed to be realistic!
    I hated hated hated Dawson's Creek with a passion. For some reason last year got totally hooked on the OC though :o But this season I've been disappointed so far, I think its gotten even cheesier(if thats how you spell it) than before and think its well short of its best. Although the music line ups have improved. I have both Cd sound tracks are they are excellent.

Advertisement