Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAS €600k conman get legal aid?

• 06-10-2009 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

From dealing with one conman(JOD) to another !I think that this is another disgrace that this guy who alledgally stole €600k from FAS recieved free legal aid today!he has been working in a state job for a number of years and smart enough to allegedly set up a dummy company to invoice FAS for €600k+ for services that were never recieved surely the tax payer should not be expected to pay for his legal team..we already paid his wages remember:mad:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

bonzos wrote: »
    From dealing with one conman(JOD) to another !I think that this is another disgrace that this guy who alledgally stole €600k from FAS recieved free legal aid today!he has been working in a stste job for a number of years and smart enough to allegedly set up a dummy company to invoice FAS for €600k+ for services that were never recieved surly tax tax payer should not be expected to pay for his legal team..we already paid his wages remember:mad:

It makes me wonder how many more people in other state-owned firms were doing something similar....

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

does this mean that seanie fizt would also be entitled to free legal aid if any actions were ever taken againest him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JohnnyMobile

anyone remember this... http://www.herald.ie/national-news/state-body-accuses-worker-of--8364700k-ripoff-1427740.html

after the initial reports the case went very quiet.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

With respect, he has not been convicted of anything and like anyone who need it, he is entitled (gread FÁS word!) to free legal aid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I have no problem with him getting free legal aid, as he has not been proved guilty. But if he was found guilty, I'm assuming that all this alleged money he has "missappropriated" would have to be repaid? And a nice lengthy jail term would be punishment enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement