Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accomadation in carlow?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

master-d wrote: »
    Just be carefull if you get a house in Southern Gardens, there is one particular landlord who is/was also a lecturer in the college who owns a lot of houses in the area that is well known as being an arragant b*ll*cks, letting himself into houses at all hours of the night claiming "its my house i can do what i want" etc...... Cant say names but i think hes the only landlord in Southern Gardens that owns over 4 houses. I lived in one of his houses before and would never do it again.
    Ya, your not going to have to worry about him anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Overheal wrote: »
    d. Theres also those new flats by the river: What were they called Red? I cant remember. I know Liam lived in them with Jeff. Those Apartments were great from what I saw.

Are you talking about Centaur House?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭offaly4sam

Kiith wrote: »
    Ya, your not going to have to worry about him anymore...

Is he gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Are you talking about Centaur House?

The millbrook apartment by the castle i think are the ones he's talking about. they are good if you can get in them. cheap and very much promoting freedom.

As said earlier, college green, southern gardens and green road, these are the fun estates to live in. lived in college green myself for 2 years, loads of fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

i stayed in riverbank apartments first year and it was grand for first time away from home but definately wouldnt stay a second year, i dropped out any way but im back this year in college green should be fun.......

• Advertisement

offaly4sam wrote: »
    Is he gone?
    Well, you could say that i suppose :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 master-d

I knew he had cancer alright, but did he kick the bucket?? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,477 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

not one of my lecturers anyway, but there was a certain newly appointed head of a particular department I would mind seeing the back of :D

RedXIV wrote: »
    dead?

hes not dead is he?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭gosimeon

http://www.rip.ie/death_notices_detail.asp?NoticeID=48226

I had him this year as landlord. I can see why he wasn't popular, but still, RIP.

This year, I'm living in Arinaga. http://www.carlowarinagatownhouses.com/

Tis a great spot, basicly on the college. Southern Gardens was fun though.

Cmon already September!!!

Yup, he died a few monthts ago. He was a bit of a grumpy old fellow, but wasnt that bad as long as you paid your rent and didnt trash the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

For a wealthy man he did not show signs off it

all that money its not like he can bring it with him

i taught he was a great landlord strict be fair

caught me smoking herb a few times never said a thing :D

the new landlord

Carey, Michael 086 8217801 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 27, 28, 29 & 30
    Southern Gardens
    19 & 25 College Gardens
    79 Green Road
    No 9 & Red Brick Burrin Street
    41 70-90 Deposit €400 each Refundable.
    Rents incl Heat & Light + Bins to €32/
    week in houses. Rooms from €70-€90
    Rents incl Heat & light + Bins to €45/
    week in flats

Kazu wrote: »
    For a wealthy man he did not show signs off it

all that money its not like he can bring it with him

i taught he was a great landlord strict be fair

caught me smoking herb a few times never said a thing :D

the new landlord

Carey, Michael 086 8217801 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 27, 28, 29 & 30
    Southern Gardens
    19 & 25 College Gardens
    79 Green Road
    No 9 & Red Brick Burrin Street
    41 70-90 Deposit €400 each Refundable.
    Rents incl Heat & Light + Bins to €32/
    week in houses. Rooms from €70-€90
    Rents incl Heat & light + Bins to €45/
    week in flats

I have one of them houses for sept under him. I didnt know he took over from frank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

A7X wrote: »
    looks like im getting a room in the Riverbank apartments! I was wondering if anyone has stayed here before or know what its like?

Is that the one with the 'Italian Connection'' restaurant in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Thats it alright

Ha Ha My uncle built that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

A plasterer friend of mine was mocking the standard of the plastering on it.

Ha Ha my uncle didnt plaster it he just sold it off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

GA361 wrote: »
    Ha Ha my uncle didnt plaster it he just sold it off

Thanks for sharing on how rich your uncle is anyways for people looking foir accomadation there should be a list up on apartments now in the college.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 conormob

A7X wrote: »
    avionics hopefully :)

Wow me too just got into Avionics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

conormob wrote: »
    Wow me too just got into Avionics.
    HA see ya der man! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Wow, Frank's dead? Can't say I really liked the guy, but still, wouldn't wish that on anyone most people.

Currently down in Southern Gardens myself. Lovely wee place; neighbours keep to themselves, it's generally pretty quiet and the houses are decently big.
    ...speaking of which, there's six of us non-smoking Computer Game Development students in a house with an awesomely laid back landlord and a currently empty room. If any of yee are interested, give John Deane a shout:

John Deane
    41 Southern Garden
    €320 Deposit Refundable
    €80/month rent
    ESB/Bins extra

Hope none of yee were staying in Carlow over the last few days... namely around the canals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭joenailface

gotta agree with everyone who said having digs is crap, it's like having a mother you cant tell to **** off...you just cant have any fun at all because you constantly feel like you're intruding. i didnt know that about the flast but there are like 5 or 6 appartment blocks with 'river' 'view' 'bank' and 'ferry' in them :\ are any of them actually worth living in?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

I'm still looking for a gaff...I was looking at the list of self-catering accommodation that was up on the IT website. I was talking to yer man Ray from Maher properties and he said they don't rent on an individual basis and that you have to rent the whole house. Now I don't know anybody else going to Carlow so what are my options here? Like I said before if anyone else is interested drop me a line. I'd prefer to have this setup before I head down rather than be left hanging.

Also I've been trying to get through to the accommodation officer but she must still be on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

use daft.ie far better most properties on there are available to students if they mention like only 5 mins from CARLOW I.T its a goer i got mine on there bout 2 weeks ago give it a shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

I'm still looking for a gaff...I was looking at the list of self-catering accommodation that was up on the IT website. I was talking to yer man Ray from Maher properties and he said they don't rent on an individual basis and that you have to rent the whole house. Now I don't know anybody else going to Carlow so what are my options here? Like I said before if anyone else is interested drop me a line. I'd prefer to have this setup before I head down rather than be left hanging.

Also I've been trying to get through to the accommodation officer but she must still be on holidays.

Ray Maher keep well away

Kazu wrote: »
    Ray Maher keep well away

Your right there,now i dont like bad mouthing people and get on great with people but this lad is a right ****. Tried to charge us for stuff that we never did,was always coming around unanounced. Real creepy to and not 1 bit nice even if yer havin a chat. Would not give back our deposits despite leaving our house in very good cond. Wasnt long about giving it back when we threatend him with solicitors. Stay well away

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

Roger that, I actually got through to somebody on the list who has a house in Southern Gardens, she seemed fairly sound and rents on an individual basis so am more than likely gonna go for that. Thanks for the heads up on Mr. Maher.

• Advertisement

Corega wrote: »

Was down today sorting out my house,you would want to go down urself ASAP because the houses are been snapped up very quickly

Advertisement