Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Pressure Washer

• 12-03-2008 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Lidl are doing a special next week, its 149 euro, does anyone have any idea how good this is? Or any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

also interested and looking for opinions please

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

I got one a few years ago in Lidl I think, (might have been Aldi) and I have to say its fantastic. It seemed to be the same as a Karcher model back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Wizard

i got one of these 2 years ago,
    has been spot on for me and used quite a bit,
    mine was made by karcher and will accept all karcher accessories,
    well worth the money if still the karcher model

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

The Lidl one is a Lavor. The Aldi one is produced by Karcher and accepts all Karcher fittings.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭DurtyMurty

It's a very good washer for the price - great cleaning power without any significant lance recoil thanks to it's "roto lance" head. You can almost hold it singlehandedly.

I think it was even a bit cheaper when I bought it 2 yrs ago

Watch out for three things

1. It has a powerful 2.5 kw motor - about as much as you can have in single phase. It will get damaged if you use it on the end of a poor quality extension lead. If using an extension, keep the lead as short as possible, as heavy as possible and ensure it has a goood quality socket at the end. Otherwise the socket and plug will overheat, you will have voltage drop and risk overheating the motor. Best of all avoid extension leads if possible

2 - Pressure washer hose is a bit flimsy - couldn't be any different at the price Take care not to kink it when unwinding and likewise take care not to scrape off the outer black plastic when winding up

3 - Don't store the lance in the bracket on the left as shown in the photo. The bracket will break off and, as it is used to keep the front and back together, your power washer will begin to fall apart. Use one of the receptors at the back instead

Also. Be careful with the rotolance on paintwork. It will strip loose paint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,969 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Any more opinions on the Aldi versus Lidl washer?

Lidl still have a few at €150. Aldi have one tomorrow Sunday at €120. Does not seem to be as powerful or have as many accessories though.

I want to get one or the other, price is not a consideration.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 euroquipe

My company www.euroquipe.ie is the official agent for the Lavor range of domestic pressure washers in Ireland. We have also been contracted by Lavor to provide technical support for the Superwash 160 sold through Lidl. I guess we are a bit biased but our opinion would be that it is great value for money and for Eur149 anybody who buys one cannot really go wrong. DurtyMurty has hit the nail on the head with his warnings (re: extension leads and hose). Follow the advice he gives and you should not have too many problems. The key point is, it's a domestic machince and it needs to be shown a bit of respect. If you need it for genuine domestic applications, then my advice would be to go out and buy one. If you need it for industrial applications then it's not the correct unit. If you do buy one, keep the receipt as it carries a very good courier collect warranty. This warranty applies to the complete Lavor range we sell and I am not aware of anybody else offering the same level of service (although I am open to correction if somebody comes across it elsewhere).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Just bought the Lavor one in Lidl (Last one in Leixlip)

Thanks for the heads up and all the info guys !!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,969 ✭✭✭✭Esel

After doing a bit of googling, I bought the one in Aldi for €120 as well as the 'hover' attachment' for better cleaning of paths, tiles, decking (and walls!) for €40. Total €160, compared with €150 for the Lidl one.

The Aldi unit is 2.1Kw (compared to 2.5Kw for the Lidl), and is rated at 120bar (max 150bar).

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I can't remember if it was Lidl or Aldi where I bought my one but with a 3 year warranty can't go wrong

Even if it only lasted the 3 years, I paid 120euro, thats 40 a year.... it'll have sserved its purpose

I sometimes lend it to people to clean their boats etc. and they cant believe it when I tell them I paid less than 150euro for it

Only thing that went a-wall on me is one of the wheels keeps falling off, nothing a clip wont fix

Overall i'm chuffed with it for the price

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 euroquipe

It looks like Lidl are offering the Lavor Superwash 160 again on July 24th. I saw it advertised outside my local Lidl on Thursday night. The price seems to be €139.95.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

they had the Aldi one there a few weeks ago too. don't remember the price though

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭yknaa

A great purchase. Well worth the cash. Use it to clean the car and also
    used the 'turbo' extension to clean the driveway. Not sure if it can be used on decking?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭klingklang

yknaa wrote: »
    Not sure if it can be used on decking?
    Works brilliantly on decking even with the non-turbo attachment. The power kept cutting out after a minute or so of use using the turbo nozzle but I put it down to the old school fusebox in the house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Maxminon

euroquipe wrote: »
    My company www.euroquipe.ie is the official agent for the Lavor range of domestic pressure washers in Ireland. We have also been contracted by Lavor to provide technical support for the Superwash 160 sold through Lidl. I guess we are a bit biased but our opinion would be that it is great value for money and for Eur149 anybody who buys one cannot really go wrong. DurtyMurty has hit the nail on the head with his warnings (re: extension leads and hose). Follow the advice he gives and you should not have too many problems. The key point is, it's a domestic machince and it needs to be shown a bit of respect. If you need it for genuine domestic applications, then my advice would be to go out and buy one. If you need it for industrial applications then it's not the correct unit. If you do buy one, keep the receipt as it carries a very good courier collect warranty. This warranty applies to the complete Lavor range we sell and I am not aware of anybody else offering the same level of service (although I am open to correction if somebody comes across it elsewhere).
    Just purchased one of the Superwash 160 from Lidl just noticed after my first use of the Superwash that the machine restarts itself and gives a short blow-out blast of pressure a few times when I have stopped using it.The blow-out of pressure seem to come from around the high-pressure water outlet.I checked the connection on this and it is tight.I don't think the pressure release blow-out is coming from this connector but somewhere around this area as it is difficult to see exactly as the blow-out is only short.I checked the troubleshooting guide for the cause of this problem but all the repair actions items suggested relating to this type of fault seem to be fine .
    So I contacted the Helpline given on the service manual 0818300253 to report this fault but each time I call the number a keep getting a voice telling me the mail box is full.So I decided to ring Euroquipe directly after reading their post here their number is 0818 313010 got through to someone from Cork and he told me that spraywash I had was not one of theirs and I should try to get through to the Help Line Lidl gave on manual.He also said if I couldn't get throuh I could ring him back and he would see what he could do.
    Needless to say I had to get back to him then he told me someone in England is looking after this service helpline and he would get someone to call me back after lunch.
    So I'm waiting now for someone to call me back, not a good start with my purchase of this Superwash 160 from Lidl I'm sorry to say hope the end result will be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

So bring it back and ger a refund/exchange - You're going the hard way about it tbh. Lidl/Aldi have a very hassle free refund policy, esp if the item is faulty

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

they were all gone veyr early in my lidl, karcher ones are handy price in argos at moment

Just to let everyone know I did go back with powerwash to Lidl at the very start but they were all gone so they told me to ring the Help Line.
    To follow up on my last post,
    No one rang me back from Euroquipe on the 23rd so I rang them before close of business that day.Got through to someone who told me to pack the unit up in it's box and Euroquipe would arrange for courier to collect it Tues or Wednesday.
    Rang Euroquipe again on Wednesday when there was no sign of courier collecting unit they said that the mail they sent out was late getting to courier so the courier would not be coming now until Thursday.
    Waiting around again all day Thursday but still no sign of any courier. .:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Argos + Karcher it is then.

Hope you get it sorted.

Argos + Karcher it is then.

Hope you get it sorted.

Still no sign of any courier today Friday.
    Euroquipe not replying to e-mail I sent yesterday also.
    Will ring them before the day is out if the courier still hasn't arrived to collect the unit today just to see what is going on with them.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Maxminon wrote: »
    Still no sign of any courier today Friday.
    Euroquipe not replying to e-mail I sent yesterday also.
    Will ring them before the day is out if the courier still hasn't arrived to collect the unit today just to see what is going on with them.:(

Have not got one of these washers - but I can relate to your issue with waiting on the elusive courier to collect faulty items in Ireland; if I was to add up the days I was told that someone would call to collect faulty equipment over the years I could take a holiday! Its just the usual crappy Irish attitude to service.

The best I have ever dealt with was Samsung - that's why I always buy their TV's and recommend them to friends; never an issue - if it breaks they called and picked it up, and then dropped it back.

Best of luck on the washer - keep hounding them and then tell them where it is to be picked up and that you ain't waiting around any longer so they need to work to your schedule and not you to theirs.

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

none left at my lidl so ended up getting a karcher in argos for 97 euro, looked like a toy but does the job grand and decent brand with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

I bought the Aldi washer about a year or two ago and it has performed flawlessly ever since, albeit it has probably only ran for 20 or 30 hours. My parents had a small karcher a few years back and it was hopeless - the housing slipped into the fan, lance hose burst etc etc.
    On Lidl returns, I broke a binding plate on a Lidl snowboard - my own fault, not a warranty issue. I emailed the support address asking about buying a replacement part, they posted me out a replacement and a spare free of charge without looking for proof of purchase or anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭Row

Used my Lidl pressure washer to day for the first time and noticed after washing my two cars that the black coating around lance hose had worn off
    in on spot where the hose was rubbing off the wind up reel.....:mad:
    lucky there was no leak.
    The pressure vibration of the pump caused it to wear..:rolleyes: as
    far as i can see the lance hose seems pretty weak...so watch your hoses.....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 greenhill

For all the rebels from Cork in here Kilumney co-op in Ovens has a special on the Lavor Cold Water Pressure Washer for only €79.95.

Way better value than Lidl or Aldi!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

Aldi have pressure washers in now on Sunday, 2.1Kw €119.99

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/2867_8686.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,856 ✭✭✭dodzy

Row wrote: »
    Used my Lidl pressure washer to day for the first time and noticed after washing my two cars that the black coating around lance hose had worn off
    lucky there was no leak.

+1. The hose is very weak. Be very careful, as I frayed mine and boom ! water everywhere :mad: No receipt - I guess I'm screwed. Unless I can source a replacement hose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

Karcher's yer only man, proven quality, good customer service. Wouldn't buy that mickey mouse machine in Lidl if it was 49.99.

Have not got one of these washers - but I can relate to your issue with waiting on the elusive courier to collect faulty items in Ireland; if I was to add up the days I was told that someone would call to collect faulty equipment over the years I could take a holiday! Its just the usual crappy Irish attitude to service.

The best I have ever dealt with was Samsung - that's why I always buy their TV's and recommend them to friends; never an issue - if it breaks they called and picked it up, and then dropped it back.

Best of luck on the washer - keep hounding them and then tell them where it is to be picked up and that you ain't waiting around any longer so they need to work to your schedule and not you to theirs.

Paddy
    Rang Euroquipe on Friday afternoon still was no sign of a courier collecting the powewash.They said they would check it out for me and ring me back.They rang back apologising there seem to be again some sort of mix-up with their courier NTX and they assured me it would be collected on Monday but were unable to give me a time approx.So I waited around Monday and the courier did arrive around 10.00am finally.

Sent a mail to Euroquipe today Friday 3rd of April asking was it possible they can give me an idea as to when Euroquipe will return the unit to me after they carry out the necessary repair.
    Received a reply straight away I have to say and the should have the unit back to me Tuesday or Wednesday.

We will wait and see.Things seem to be moving now in the right direction I'll keep you up on the end result on this one Paddy.

Maxminon:)

• Advertisement

Row wrote: »
    lucky there was no leak.
    Row, I did see on the manual that came with the washer to completely unwind the hose before you start using the wash.
    I think the reason behind this to prevent damage to it hope you got away with it.
    Found to links to where you can try and get spares if required.
    Euroquipe are the company that is covering the guarantee of the Lavor washer sold at Lidl.
    Hope the links will offer some help to you.
    http://www.euroquipe.ie/index.php?manufacturers_id=3

http://www.jet-wash-direct.co.uk/pressurewashers/superwash.html
    Maxminon:cool:

Advertisement