Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy waxwork unveiled - opinions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Wow, that is actually really crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Almost as bad as the worse statue ever. Ted Bates, Southampton legend

• Registered Users Posts: 8,338 ✭✭✭cml387

Instead of making a new one, they seem to have got hold of an old waxwork of Freddie Spangler, the legendary north of England entertainer of the 1960's.
    What's this his catchphrase was? Something like "By 'eck that's a big one love"
    He died of acute embarassment in Scarborough in 1981.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I thought it was the 'Ron Manager' character from The Fast Show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

That's the stuff of nightmares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I'm satisfied by it because you know Tubridy is exceedingly pissed off about it. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Weirdly he looks like Don Ameche!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Banditoo

Where is his "i love FF" badge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭washiskin

Looks like a cross between Henry Kelly & Michael Lowery - horrendous!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

I hate this country. we make wax works of any old plonker these days. When's mine getting made :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

Wow. I genuinely though the OP was having a laugh and this was someone else that slightly resembled Tubridy.. but it's actually meant to be him?! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

He looks like Frank Sinatra with cerebal palsy. And the wax work is sh1te as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Shamefully bad. lol! The wax museum is an hilarious place to go though, it's part of the fun, some of the wax works are good, some very good, some.... awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Looks like the possible offspring of alien and predator.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,248 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Shamefully bad. lol! The wax museum is an hilarious place to go though, it's part of the fun, some of the wax works are good, some very good, some.... awful.

There is a wax museum somewhere in the South of Britain where the waxworks are shockingly awful! But they do huge business apparently, customers flock there for the 'so bad, they're good' factor. I'll try and find the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Don't wax works have to be seen with particular lighting to look anything like who they're supposed to?

I remember in Madame Tussauds every time someone took a picture with flash the wax model became unrecognisable (in real life as well as in the picture).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

There is a wax museum somewhere in the South of Britain where the waxworks are shockingly awful! But they do huge business apparently, customers flock there for the 'so bad, they're good' factor. I'll try and find the website.

Oh, i'd love that. Twould be deadly. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-509100/Dud-ringers-The-worlds-worst-waxworks-sold-auction.html

Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, "worlds worst waxworks"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,248 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Thrill wrote: »

That's the one. Part of the fun is guessing who's who!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

Why wax? The man should be chiseled out of a marble block 50 foot high and placed in the middle of O'Connel street. Dressed in nothing but a Roman tunic that partially reveals his upper thigh and left nipple. His right index finger placed cheekily over his lips as he poses Marliyn Monroe-esque for the benefit of the plebians of Ireland. People would travel from near and far to see the wonder. Will people faint as they are overwhelmed by the beauty? Possible. Will it be worth it? definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Paddycrumlinman

Dub Ste wrote: »
    Who the **** sculpted that,Stevie Wonder ???????

Yer one Lionel Richie sings to in his song "Hello"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Thrill wrote: »

That looks like the work of Ed Gein, horrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

It looks more like Ronald Reagan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I thought it was the 'Ron Manager' character from The Fast Show.

Agreed. I thought it looked like a combination of Paul Whitehouse with Tom O'Connor's smile but Ron Manager is better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,042 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Holy crap, that really is terrible. I wonder how much it cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Who the feck would want to go see that twat and its bunny carr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Looks like a cross between Reagan and Nixon tbh, I wonder how much someone got paid to make that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

Wow that's a terrible sculpting. His facial structure is completely different.

Advertisement