Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which constituency declares first?

• 16-02-2011 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if any constituency(ies) are traditionally in a race to be first to declare? And by extension is it possible to mke an educated guess as to who are the most likely candidates to be declared elected first?

I'm guessing it would most likely be the 3 seaters as by definition they have less votes to count.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

It's a good question

You're looking for a three seater with someone who get the quota and top the polls

However, I wouldn't know who that might be

I was going to say Donegal South East. They have a good system and setup up there.
    Though Inishowen is not in that constituency

But the poll topper who won on the first count last time won't do it this time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You are looking at a three seater as was said with someone elected on each of the first two counts with a surplus and not too many candidates thereafter.

South Kildare comes to mind :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

When are we likely to have first count results ? Saturday lunchtime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Tipp North

Very few candidates, 3 seater and the usual poll topper will get the quota. There are no running mates here from the parties.
    The area has one of the higher turnouts in the country and I can't ever remember it being the first to declare though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

In the British General Election one of the constituencies has a traditional race to get the result out in record speed. It would be mad for something like that to happen here.

EDIT: mad in a good way!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I had considered Tipp North as well , also Meath West and Cork SW .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

In the British General Election one of the constituencies has a traditional race to get the result out in record speed. It would be mad for something like that to happen here.

Suppose they need something to liven up their boring first past the post system. I love the drama of the pr count.

Advertisement