Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical alert Bracelets

• 09-12-2008 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭

Hello,

Im alergic to morphine and was told to wear a bracelet. I do... sometimes. Seeing as i do alot of contact sports where all jewelry is taken off, and i have a motorbike, i dont think that combination is the safest. And i find myself not wearing it for weeks at a time due to training every day. and not being bothered to be constantly putting it back on with watch and ring and the lot.

What i was wondering is would anybody check for a tattoo in the same place? The medical star and a big no morphine?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

you could keep something in the pouch w/ your drivers licence for when you're driving. won't be much use at training though;

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

if someone is unconcious, it is common practise in A&E to check their wallet to get contact details for next of kin or even their own identity and a card there would be spotted if very visible. Ideally though you should either have a bracelet or a neck-chain which will travel with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭claireeney

i often thought about that as my BF is allergic to penicillin. i thought a tattoo would be a great idea, he already has 4. but he said having "allergic to penicillin" wouldnt look nice and might not even be seen if needed!!

is it my imagination or is there only one type of bracelet for diabetics and people allergic to stuff etc? why dont they all have their own unique, easily identifable symbols and then you could get that tattooed on ya.

or else the medical symbol with morphine underneath in nice writing.

im waffling, so ill go

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

Hi,

As far as I know there a few recognised Medical Alert Symbols e.g. Caduceus, Snake & Staff and Star of Life. All of which are used on Medical Alert Jewellery.

oztots,

Would you consider wearing a "Dog Tag" or some other form of Medical Jewellery around your neck. PM me if you want further details

regards

Aidan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭oztots

Hi,

As far as I know there a few recognised Medical Alert Symbols e.g. Caduceus, Snake & Staff and Star of Life. All of which are used on Medical Alert Jewellery.

oztots,

Would you consider wearing a "Dog Tag" or some other form of Medical Jewellery around your neck. PM me if you want further details

regards

Aidan

Thanks for the offer aidan, but i think ill get it inked on so i dont lose it! Its mma that i do so all jewelry comes off every day.

And thanks to all the other posts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement