Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 poppster

dog_pig wrote: »
    Oh really?

I had a look at the 'Select Unlimited' page without applying any discount and it had the HTC One X at €89 and the other two for free.

Ditto... Can't access the special offer without the vouchers, was making an assumption [doh!] that the phone prices would be the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭swampy353

Davie89 wrote: »
    BArra wrote: »
    yes it was worth it, screen real estate is excellent and quality brilliant. size will take a few days to get used to

only gripe is the back key is on far left, so being right handed its a small struggle to get ur finger to it. just a matter of getting used to

BTW did the one x come with beats headphones with emobile? Or is this just with vodafone?
    Didn't get the beats headphones but it is network unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Just rang up with my Eircom account number and phone number and was told that since I wasn't one of the Eircom accounts that was specifically sent a voucher code I couldn't avail of this.

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Cyrus wrote: »
    Ah okay! must keep more up to date!

Anyone think the S3 will be in on this? Emailed them but no response as yet

yeah its on there

Do you know how much? Cant access without a voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

The selection of phones for the offer is the same as the normal emobile selection... You can see that on their website.https://secure.emobile.ie/app/path3plan-flow?execution=e1s3

On another topic.. There is something up with me being able to avail of this offer. My folks got the voucher in the post, I was able to use it. Applied for the offer but it was rejected on credit terms.. Makes no sense to me as I've been working the last 8yrs solid and have a decent credit history (not that they check it). Anyways, now they've disabled the voucher code so I can no longer make an application.

My only thinking is that emobile and meteor are the same company and my monthly bill is worth €100+ a month to meteor they don't want me to move from meteor as they can make more money off me that way.. Bit of a joke the way I've been treated.. Will be banging off another email over the weekend to see what the story is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Guys, I can confirm that the S3 will DEFINITELY be available on this deal, I will update you when prices become available.

I finally got my hands on a few vouchers if people want to PM me.

:cool:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    Guys, I can confirm that the S3 will DEFINITELY be available on this deal, I will update you when prices become available.

PM Sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Pm'd- :D

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Also sent you a pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Log-on

PM sent :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Cyrus wrote: »
    Sorry for all the qns

anyway, my friend, who is an eircom employee, gave me her acc no, whcih works, i get to the point where i order, her details are there but i can enter my own below, is this ok?

Also, can i use her acc no twice? i want a phone for my wife and I

Careful with this, I used my mother's account number and was very careful to enter my own data, but they sent the phone to her house. I also found today when I logged on to their website that they had used her address on my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭plasmin

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

pm sent jayjay thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

unklerosco wrote: »

The selection of phones for the offer is the same as the normal emobile selection... You can see that on their website.https://secure.emobile.ie/app/path3plan-flow?execution=e1s3

On another topic.. There is something up with me being able to avail of this offer. My folks got the voucher in the post, I was able to use it. Applied for the offer but it was rejected on credit terms.. Makes no sense to me as I've been working the last 8yrs solid and have a decent credit history (not that they check it). Anyways, now they've disabled the voucher code so I can no longer make an application.

My only thinking is that emobile and meteor are the same company and my monthly bill is worth €100+ a month to meteor they don't want me to move from meteor as they can make more money off me that way.. Bit of a joke the way I've been treated.. Will be banging off another email over the weekend to see what the story is.

I have a friend (34) that raised hell with 3 about 6 months ago because of her credit history they wanted to take a deposit from her before they would give her the free iPhone.
    Only thing was she had an exemplary credit record and in writing threatened to sue them for defamation and demanded an apology also.
    So you might revisit this if you feel that they don't have grounds to decline your application, and you have built up a worthy credit history.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

As has already been said in this thread, mobile phone companies aren't lenders, so they don't have access to credit reports and have to make decisions based on other information. And you can't be defamed to yourself. Your friend was talking out their hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,641 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Pm sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

dahamsta wrote: »
    As has already been said in this thread, mobile phone companies aren't lenders, so they don't have access to credit reports and have to make decisions based on other information. And you can't be defamed to yourself. Your friend was talking out their hat.

She may have been misinformed, but she wasn't talking out of her headwear. She was unhappy (to say the least) that their employee had falsely accused her of having a poor credit history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

unklerosco wrote: »

They're looking at the credit history linked to the voucher, which would be your folks history with eircom if its their code. Nothing else. They're not a bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    That is the biggest problem eMobile have...that and rural coverage....the staff is very pleasant but clueless and untrained.
    So their reception outside towns and cities is crap? I would have assumed that they had at least as much coverage as meteor. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

nm wrote: »
    They're looking at the credit history linked to the voucher, which would be your folks history with eircom if its their code. Nothing else. They're not a bank.

Still strikes me as odd, my folks have been with eircom since, well since before it was eircom. Never missed a bill etc. It just strikes me as odd....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

DeepBlue wrote: »
    So their reception outside towns and cities is crap? I would have assumed that they had at least as much coverage as meteor. :confused:

They are meteor so will have exactly the same coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

Got my HTC One X Yesterday. Very happy so far!

The gf is thinking about joining up, but is concerned the signal in her area may not be great. Anyone know their policy with returns on bill contract phones?

Thanks in advance

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Get a payg sim and just try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Lash_Alert wrote: »
    Got my HTC One X Yesterday. Very happy so far!

The gf is thinking about joining up, but is concerned the signal in her area may not be great. Anyone know their policy with returns on bill contract phones?

Thanks in advance

There are a few days grace period during which you can cancel and return, as far as I understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

Eoin wrote: »
    They are meteor so will have exactly the same coverage.

to throw a spanner in the works..

I was with meteor and swapped to emobile this week

reception at my home address with meteor was terrible, dropped calls, failed delivery of texts, unable to take calls in certain rooms. worst reception i ever had. it was extremely frustrating.

with emobile i have none of those issues, stable reception, clear calls

how is it better when on some level they are the same network? im not entirely sure :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

BArra wrote: »
    to throw a spanner in the works..

I was with meteor and swapped to emobile this week

reception at my home address with meteor was terrible, dropped calls, failed delivery of texts, unable to take calls in certain rooms. worst reception i ever had. it was extremely frustrating.

with emobile i have none of those issues, stable reception, clear calls

how is it better when on some level they are the same network? im not entirely sure :pac:

They also have their own 3G network

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

PM sent although I am prob late to the party :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Has anyone here got a spare voucher number?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Log-on

ive tried 3 account numbers of family and no joy, my contact just ended so will have no phone soon. if anybody has a spare one please let me know! other wise ill have to call and go back to three!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

Log-on wrote: »
    my contact just ended so will have no phone soon.

Your contract will keep running until you call to cancel it. It will either be a month by month rolling contract, or another year contract depending on the original contract.

Advertisement