Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judo Intervarsities 2012

• 20-02-2012 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have the results from this year's judo IVs?

Also if you have any video or good pictures I'd like to see them. I only had a still camera, and my shooting form was really off that day - I was too busy cheering and shouting bad advice to actually take any good pictures.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

We (ITT) beat DCU, NUIG beat us, and then NUIG beat TCD in the final of the men's team event, I wasn't watching the other side of the draw.

A guy by the name of Siarhei Vironik (ITB) won both the Open and the +100kgs. (He kicked my ass in the +100kgs, I knew I was in trouble as soon as he took grips)

Jamie McMahon (ITT) won the Lower Kyu over 81kgs category.

JT Deenihan (UL) won the 81kgs category and got silver in the Open.

There was a great scrap in either the open or the 90kg category between Luke McCabe and someone from NUIG, went to golden score and everything. Brilliant stuff. McCabe won it by decision.

If anything else comes back to me I'll throw it up. Hopefully someone from QUB might throw up a result sheet or I might find one online somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

Opinicus wrote: »
    A guy by the name of Siarhei Vironik (ITB) won both the Open and the +100kgs. (He kicked my ass in the +100kgs, I knew I was in trouble as soon as he took grips)
    That guy was a beast.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Anyone got a video/pics? He's in my class in college.

He's very nice. And an IT student :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

KonFusion wrote: »
    Anyone got a video/pics? He's in my class in college.

He's very nice. And an IT student :eek:

I don't have any of him on the mat but he's in one or two from the dinner that night. I'll pm them if you want, I won't put them up as there are other people in the photos and they may not like being on a public forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭TrollHammaren

There was a great scrap in either the open or the 90kg category between Luke McCabe and someone from NUIG, went to golden score and everything. Brilliant stuff. McCabe won it by decision

I think that was Adam Ahmed he was fighting. That was some fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭SymphonyX

425141_3066544417112_1068587244_2942630_1452481553_n.jpg

Advertisement