Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SuicideGirls Photoshoot

• 18-08-2006 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭

Hey guys!

I'm shooting my first Suicide Girls set on thursday and I need some advice on lighting.

basically it's a candlit set. I.e LOTS AND LOTS of candles. I'm wonderin do ya think I'll need extra lighting?

Secondly, I'll prob be lookin for a photographer to shoot my next set soon. You'll not get paid for it but I will let you have some of the pix for a portfolio. It's a BIG thing to say you've shot an SG shoot! If the set gets accepted I'll throw ya some cash to say thanks. PLUS ya get to see me naked! ;)

hahaha!

Need some examples of what SG's are?

Click here
    Or...
    Check out my Myspace!

Thanks boys and girls!
    xxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

PLUS ya get to see me naked! ;)

I'LL DO IT!

.... wait, you're not a cop are you? Cos you gotta tell me if you are...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Extra lighting will take from the effect if you want it solely done by candlelight, you need a fast lens.

If you don't have one, Conn's rent 'em! :)

(Think of it this way, a light my be 1000 candlepower)

Didn't think the suicide girls 'did' Ireland though!

Oh, don't trust that Rymus fella... seriously...

(Pick me! :p )

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Is light your friend?

How much vaseline should I use on my lense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Secondly, I'll prob be lookin for a photographer to shoot my next set soon.

I would be into that - I will pm you my email address if you think its a good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

screw you all, I got there first... :D

Vaseline on your lens tar? ;)

Edit:

I predict this will thread will have a LOT of replies. Watch me go psychic...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Fajitas! wrote:
    Vaseline on your lens tar? ;)

Edit:

I predict this will thread will have a LOT of replies. Watch me go psychic...
    I spell it [strike]penis[/strike] lense. >_>

Oh, no, I wasn't correcting your spelling.

I know, I needed the excuse for sexual innuendo. (:

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Class :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Dimy

Don't go for Irish "photographers", us dutch are much more suitable for things like that :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

The photoshoot will need to be in landsdowne by the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Good luck with the shoot ,hope the fire alarm doesn't go off :(
    You'll probably need to leave the camera down a lot to get the shots, and have the camera close to the candles.
    Sounds like fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

hahaha!

That's ALOT of replies Lads!

Ok so some more details then. I wanna do a haloween set, so I reckon I'd have to get working on that mid september.... So dress up as something scary... Use pumpkins that sorta jazz....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Dimy

**EDIT**

GAWD! The things you post if you had too much to drink!! **cough** :D

Note to self: "don't get on boards after a night out!"

I'm terrified...

Ah, good. Anyway, send me some pictures of you and I will set you up if you are good enough.

Now there's cheek. If I'm good enough. And who do you think you are? Oh god of photography?! Ha. Check out my myspace for my pictures.... If you're not on myspace i'll post some small ones up here.

• Advertisement

Indeed, I am the most reknowned photographer in the British isles.
    My nickname was god of photography in college.
    Those pics have way too much clothes. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I've done one of these, shall we say 'anatomically correct' shoots before. I used a large format camera, with 5"x4" colour neg. Don't know what possesed me to do that but I had cramps for a long time after after spending all that time under a black focusing cloth contorted around the studio tripod I used to own.
    It was a curiously unerotic experience I have to say, I found myself concentrating on the job and just trying to get the best shots I could. They were for a girl who wanted them for reasons I won't go into here.
    I think maybe one of the girls that frequent the forum may be your best bet, they may be more empathetical to whatever it is your after.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

*takes his comb out and slicks his hair back*
    You called?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

But seriously, aren't SuicideGirls just fulgy girls who can't get sex in real life? Like, nerds with tits? Oh, and there's the one who want to cut themselves?
    Are there any actually any pretty ones, who actually care about their image?

Actually, what exactly has this to do with photography in the first place?
    *Breuth* - To PI with you!

Maybe I'm mistaken*...

S.

*I may well be**...
    **Probably not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

There are people I have never seen post on Photography before suddenly come out of the woodwork. I wonder why. :)

Those fakers must be expunged from my favourite forum.
    *Awaits her naked photos*

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭FinoBlad

Some of those dudes need to get out more. :D
    I'm shooting my first Suicide Girls set on thursday and I need some advice on lighting.

Shooting in candle light is one of the most difficult lighting scenarios there is. You can expect lighting levels as little as EV5 when lighting solely with candles, even a lot of them.

I'm not sure how many people you need to capture so using a wide aperature might not be ideal.

You will definitely need to use some reflectors to move the light around the set. Personally I would create the illusion of candle light, using candles of course but adding studio light with color gels on them and some big reflectors.

The candle idea is a great one and will be a great look for your image. Sounds like a cool project, good luck on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭FinoBlad

Roen wrote:
    It was a curiously unerotic experience I have to say, I found myself concentrating on the job and just trying to get the best shots I could.

Would agree with Roen, shoots like this are about photography. Nothing more.

Naked pictures eh?! I can give topless but not fully naked.... For my own reasons.

And for the dude/chick who had a go at Suicide Girls? How are they ugly? You wanna go and say that to Quinne Suicide's face? And all of them other amazingly beautiful girls who do this cos we're redefining beauty and the idea of what makes a woman beautiful. So think before you type.

It has to do with photography as... I happen to be asking a question about my shoot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

rymus wrote:
    I'LL DO IT!

4 mins! good response time rymus.

Me thinks you have an automatic e-mail alert set up on the keyword naked ;)

Advertisement