Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Irish Hip Hop***

• 30-07-2012 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

http://soundcloud.com/shafto

hows a goin? can ye please check me and my buddies hip hop, we would really appreciate it!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

JShafto wrote: »

hows a goin? can ye please check me and my buddies hip hop, we would really appreciate it!!!

Straight outta compton yo yo yo! hip hop dont stop come on make a beat drop yo yo i got lyrics you gotta beat to make david norris go HOOOOOOOOO!

Fcuk me pink and brown Til Infinity is a daycent track!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

The accent hurts my ears.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

JShafto wrote: »

Oh Dear God

Fcuk ye all this is the new talent yo yo yippy yo im down with these gansta sounds i used to love her uh uh who im talking about yall is hip hop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Stop that "yea buddy" nonsense. Makes you sound like a 14 year old girl imo.

The accent is grand. You kinda remind me of Wax on "Til Infinity". The flow and rhyming are similar enough.

You had a nice flow on TI but then ruined it towards the end (from 3:13 to 3:20) by changing everything. Up until that point it was quite good.

Lyrics probably need to be looked at. It's late and I couldn't be bothered trying to figure out what the hell you were on about but I'm not really a fan of people saying that they are "the saviours of hip hop" and all that. Unless you are Jay Electronica or someone I think you should give that a miss.

Good effort though. Keep it up. It's better than a lot of stuff I've heard.

Hell yeah judging by your username you need to sample shaft right on!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Not bad but as Jimmy Points out, you sound alot like Wax on Til Infinity. When I was listening...and I know the Wax lyrics off by heart....it sounds like you kept the same flow and rhyming pattern as Wax and just changed the words but still kept them rhyming with Wax's.
    And then after listening to the next track Music & Liqour, it's evident you really like Wax!

Not a bad thing to emulate someone like Wax to start off. On the other songs you sound like the people who originally used the beats as well. Not an entirely bad thing starting off, but hopefully you can get more comfortable and grow into your own style from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Stuck Cone wrote: »

Fcuk ye all this is the new talent yo yo yippy yo im down with these gansta sounds i used to love her uh uh who im talking about yall is hip hop

Theres no hope for you, find a new hobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Identical to Wax but you ain't no Herbal T!

Seriously though its not the worst work that has been posted here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Andy_rse wrote: »

Seriously though its not the worst work that has been posted here.

*COUGH* Lucci Minx *COUGH*

Its beefs like these
    Are ruining irish hip hop,
    Im a Limrick Gangta
    You know we just dont stop

Coke and guns
    Just fo fun
    Up your bum
    Thats how its done

Lyons Blend
    Is how we roll
    Anything else
    And well kick yo holleeee!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,365 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Its beefs like these
    Im a Limrick Gangta

Coke and guns
    Just fo fun
    Up your bum
    Thats how its done

Lyons Blend
    Is how we roll
    Anything else

ehmm, what?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Straight outta compton yo yo yo! hip hop dont stop come on make a beat drop yo yo i got lyrics you gotta beat to make david norris go HOOOOOOOOO!
    Its beefs like these
    Im a Limrick Gangta

Coke and guns
    Just fo fun
    Up your bum
    Thats how its done

Lyons Blend
    Is how we roll
    Anything else

3 of the oddest posts I've seen in this forum in an age. Fair play.

3 of the oddest posts I've seen in this forum in an age. Fair play.

Apologies, i was abusing a certain substance and thought id experiment see if my lyrics were any better, they werent

Advertisement