Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooling off period query UPC

• 26-08-2013 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Did you order by distance? ie. not in person? If so, the NCA says 7 working days. Working days are conventionally taken to mean Mon-Fri. I know this can vary but the convention is Mon-Fri in Ireland.
    The 'cooling off' period
    When you buy an item on-line, by phone or catalogue you are given a "'cooling off; period of at least seven working days starting from the date you received your purchase. Before the end of the seven days you must decide if you want to keep the goods, or cancel the order and return the goods and get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

7 days or not if the machine is not working correctly surely they are in breech of contract. Tell them you want out because of failure to deliver the stated offer. If they create fuss tell them you want a copy of the recordings of your calls so you can show to the regulator you've been more than fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

The law says otherwise.
    6. (1) There is an implied condition in a distance contract that -
    (a) the consumer has a period of 7 working days in which to cancel the distance contract without giving a reason, and,
    (b) if the consumer exercises that right of cancellation, he or she shall not incur any charges or penalties for so doing except the direct cost of returning the goods.
    It might depend on the meaning of a "working day", since the regulations don't appear to define it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,812 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Why don't you want a replacement? I've had Horizon for a few months now with no issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Throughly intrigued: Would it be too much of derailment to ask you to elaborate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I'd...
    • keep a full document of every conversation and interaction with their support department.
    • use their support department every day in order to rectify the issues. They close late, I believe. 8pm ish
    • give them 30 days to come to a satisfactory resolution [a working service] or Horizon contract cancellation and re-instate old service without liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

I completely understand where you're coming from, I got it too, didn't realise the direct swap was limited broadband, have 100% more than my allwance in under two weeks. Haven't been able to get the HDMI to work from the start, keep getting a HDCP error. If I want to upgrade to the Unlimited package it'll cost me €45 and an extra €7 a month for what I already had before this Horizon BS. I am looking at cancelling at this stage as I haven't received what was advertised.

Advertisement