Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Measuring Tool

• 17-11-2008 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Am looking into a laser measuring tool and see the latest models come with bluetooth connectivity to MS excel on a PC or PDA.

I have a hilti pd22 which has worked perfectly for 5 years now but doesn't have all the functionality of the more modern ones.

Anyone any experience of the non-hilti lasers (Leica or Bosch)?

Or has anyone used the software - is it handy or just a gimmick?

(application will be measuring for BER certs for existing dwellings)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Use a Leica disto... would be lost without it.
    Great range, very accurate and excellent for building surveys.
    I don't connect it up to any software, so can't comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

I have the disto A5 but if i could justify the expense i would buy the A8

Great machine up to 200m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

I've been using the leica Disto classic for years.
    Not only do I not download from it (if thats even possible), but I have never used the bulk of the functions.
    I do however find it a very good and robust tool

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

using the disto A3 at the moment, great and accurate but still have my old fashioned tape as back up and for those annoying little corners and for bathrooms! i find the reflection from tiles sends it on a mad one LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Disto is an amazing tool for doing quick one man surveys, but steel tape will still be more accurate.
    Have never used any of the other functions apart from distance.
    Ex-colleague uses the Bosch model and says it's spot on too.
    Can't ever see myself hooking up a laser tool to the PDA, even though I'm into gadgets!

• Advertisement
Advertisement