Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeing the aura, seeing geometric shapes, seeing concrete shapes-what's going on?!

• 22-06-2007 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hello all!
    I posted a thread here a couple of months ago called 'Seeing colours following sleep or meditation', and I just wanted to do a sort of update. (It may be a bit long, but it does have some interesting bits (I hope?!) so I really hope someone out there takes the time to read it! Just bear with me until I explain the background!) Many questions that I posed in it still remain unanswered, but many of the things I reported seeing then have changed and evolved, so I thought it would be better to start a new thread altogether!
    Basically, at the time I posted that thread, I was going through a bit of emotional upheaval which brought about odd physical symptoms as well as unexplained visuals. Now that that has passed, the events that happened are much easier to take in and understand when looking back on it, without being overshadowed by the confusion and difficulty of having to cope with depression, etc.
    So quick summary to bring us up to the parts I really want to discuss! I began meditating and going to Reiki sessions to help with the sadness, which, it took a while, but definitely helped!
    In these few months I would have bouts where I would start crying for no particular reason, or would have a panic attack-seemingly coming from no-where. Obviously, it was healing taking place and working out blockages etc.
    During this time I slept very poorly, waking up with a jolt almost every night up to four and five times during the night. Upon waking I would have an extraordinary tingling/vibrating/shaking sensation in a particular part in my body. More often in my head/hands/feet/chest and legs. Along with this, I would see very vibrant colours in front of my eyes. Vibrating very quickly, and on a backdrop of calm cloudy colours.
    Let me just explain that I was not seeing them around my room but in front of my eyes, as in when you close your eyes I would see colours floating in and out of that visual area. (I have been able to see my aura like that for years, but never these vibrant neon colours, I know that's not uncommon.)
    Okay. So, this lasted for a good few months, but gradually (and this is where I left off on my other post), these squiggles of brightly coloured lights vibrating fast have evolved ever more in to complicated intricate shapes. Over time they started changing into geometrically perfect triangles, rectangles, geometric landscapes stretching off into the distance. All of these things looking like a blueprint. For example this kind of a shape: http://www.aecmag.com/images/stories/feb06/smart11lrg.jpg
    And since then, the geometric shapes have disappeared altogether! Instead, when I would wake up-and still be in a relaxed state, I would see certain images. Perfectly shaped, perfectly toned and shaded, perfectly 3D. However, not in ordinary eyesight-the only way I can describe it is...as if I was looking at the image through an electromagnetic view. (Yes, it makes no sense to me either, but that's the best way I can describe it. :rolleyes: )
    Anyway, so things that I have seen since then have been, a clock with perfect Roman numerals that changed into an open book, with letters vibrating so quickly that it was impossible to make out individual ones. I have seen what look like strange mathematical symbols, seen what looks like a magnified view of bacteria, have seen a massive pyramid that changed into steps, with at the top of it was a head of a Buddha type face (or some sort of Asian-style sculpted head), and once, one morning I saw up to thirty faces and bodies float in and out of my vision, many of them seemingly coming from a distance past my eyes and away. Which was quite terrifying but it hasn't happened since. In that particular time, when I got very frightened, the faces would disappear, and a beautiful electric blue would come into my vision instead, then it would fade between that and the faces.
    Now most of these things I have seen straight after waking up from sleep. I was, however, wide awake for these things. Could get up, get a drink of water, go back into bed, close my eyes and still see them.
    So...anyone any ideas?! I've gotten used to it at this stage, and these days, when I wake up, I have to physically focus my eyes to see these things, where as before I could see them plain as day.
    Any responses, similar experiences, explanations (in particular the meaning of the electric blue colour mentioned) would be fantastic!! Although any ones suggesting I should be sectioned...not as much so ;) .
    Thanks for reading!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Have you seen a doctor about all this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 only_me

I'm sure you might have gathered from the tone of the post, and where it is posted, that I'm not looking for a medical explanation.

While I find discussions about the possible spiritual origins of phenomena such as seeing auras interesting, perhaps the first port of call should be the medical profession so that things of a neurological nature can be ruled out. I'm not a doctor so I won't be speculating on what is going on in your post but I have read of things like brain tumors causing visions and auras. I am not qualified to say whether that is the case here which is why I am asking if you have seen a doctor about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

SkepticOne you know very well how the different Forums like Skeptics, Paranormal & Spirituality approach subjects like this. So you also know that your approach here is out of place.

So if you really find them interesting and want to discuss them in a particular manner then why not start a thread yourself in a forum more suited to your approach?

only_me, you'll find that the meanings of colours are can be fairly standard. Have a google and you'll find those emanings pretty quickly. Looking at Chakras and their associated colours would be a good start.

6th wrote:
    SkepticOne you know very well how the different Forums like Skeptics, Paranormal & Spirituality approach subjects like this. So you also know that your approach here is out of place.
    I do think that the doctor should be the first port of call in cases where people are seeing geometrical shapes and such in their heads which is why I was asking however, enough said. Lets here the spiritual explanations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭ladybirdirl

Ok so I am assuming that skeptic one was simply asking a valid question and saying that there COULD be a possible explanation - I know I took a fall on Sunday and this morning was still having what I can only describe as 'floaters' in my eyes

Given that only_me, you've said this isn't the case then I would think maybe this is a case of your spirit guide or spiritual centre waking up.

If you spend some time working on yourself and healing and clearing you open up to much more spirituality and many more aspects of this.

Perhaps what you see is some sort of message your guide is trying to give you to show that he/she is there with you and showing you that you have an ability to tune into the spiritual realm.

If it were me, I would try to look on it as an enormous positive and maybe try to hook up with a spiritual group where you could work on it

Best of luck with it anyway

Ladybird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 only_me

Thanks a million, all for the advice and comments, you's have been a lot of help!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 1111Projectinfo

Hi,
    I represent the group a large group of people across the world who see 11:11 on digital clocks. I have created a thing called the Eleven Eleven Project, and have created videos on youtube. I have a few people that have left comments on my page that see 11:11, but they too see these shapes and colors. What you have described in your post sounds much like an out of body experience minus the shapes and colors. If you would visit youtube and type in ElevenElevenReallity in the search bar. Then visit my video to see the comments people have made about these shapes and colors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

Only me, If you are able to rule out any direct likely physical causes - a fall, knock on the head, car crash or similar, it may well be the early stages of a spiritual awakening.
    I'd suggest that you continue meditation if you find it helpful and just 'wait and see'. You may have had already reached the stage of 'opening' and your interests have sort of kick started it.
    Please continue to monitor your physical self in the meantime.
    The suggestion of a guiding influence coming close is also a strong possibility.

Good luck and best wishes.
    Please keep us posted.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Just pointing out to recent posters that this thread was bumped from a year and a half ago. The OP may not be back. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement