Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refurb Alloy Polished Lips?

• 23-02-2012 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hi all my friend bought a set 18" alloys off jap perormance now we new or we thought only tiny bit of one wheel was curbed but its actually the whole edge of the wheel is curbed and another 2 plus lip is dirty in the corner of the where the lip meets the spoke, can the lips be repolished as there a 2 piece wheel? Does anyone know anywhere in limerick that could fix these thanks for the help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

Hi all my friend bought a set 18" alloys off jap perormance now we new or we thought only tiny bit of one wheel was curbed but its actually the whole edge of the wheel is curbed and another 2 plus lip is dirty in the corner of the where the lip meets the spoke, can the lips be repolished as there a 2 piece wheel? Does anyone know anywhere in limerick that could fix these thanks for the help?

Ballyneety Tyres do alloy refurbs

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

cheers frank, they can split the wheel so they should be able to do it.any number for them thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try John Collins, Ballyneety Tyres, just behind the petrol station - 061 351880. But repolishing is not easy or cheap. I know the polished MkV Golf GTi rims are a bitch to refurbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

I was hoping wouldnt be too bad because they are 2 piece split rim i havent checked the other 2 wheels yet but will check them tomorrow.

Advertisement