Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

March11!!!
    Just had a thought!
    Maybe you are showing so early because there might be more than ONE baby in there?????????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Thanks for the welcomes guys!

Yeah may be looking into a "night" bra if they get bigger & sorer soon.

Have GP apt booked for tomorrow, I asked the girl on the phone is it too early (ie; is the doc going to laugh in my face) & she said no. I just want to get started on booking hospital etc. so not on too long a waiting list, get it out of the way & get on with it as they say.

He probably will laugh at me but I'll put him in his place if that happens, can't stand condescending people... did I mention I'm in the horrors, very narky!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Mink wrote: »

Have GP apt booked for tomorrow, I asked the girl on the phone is it too early (ie; is the doc going to laugh in my face) & she said no. I just want to get started on booking hospital etc. so not on too long a waiting list, get it out of the way & get on with it as they say.

He probably will laugh at me but I'll put him in his place if that happens, can't stand condescending people... did I mention I'm in the horrors, very narky!
    No, Mink, I went at five weeks and she just wrote a letter and said come back for bloods in the next few weeks. You have to go by 9 weeks anyway so I was told.

silly wrote: »
    I need to get one. Where did you get yours?

Sports World in Heatons :)

There is no doctor that will laugh at you so don't worry about that!
    I went to the dr at 5 weeks.
    She took bloods ( as it was morning)
    Took my blood pressure etc.
    Told me to take folic acid - which I already was. Baby's spine begins to form at 5 weeks so it's vital to take the folic acid to avoid cystic fibrosis.
    A baby at even 5 weeks old is still a a very important person, and it's the right time to go to the dr.

• Advertisement

There is no doctor that will laugh at you so don't worry about that!
    I went to the dr at 5 weeks.
    She took bloods ( as it was morning)
    Took my blood pressure etc.
    Told me to take folic acid - which I already was. Baby's spine begins to form at 5 weeks so it's vital to take the folic acid to avoid cystic fibrosis.
    A baby at even 5 weeks old is still a a very important person, and it's the right time to go to the dr.

Thanks, I'm booked for tomorrow evening, is that a problem for bloods.

Prob what will happen is he'll set another apt for bloods further along as javagal says.

Never thought I'd be so excited to go to the doctor!

Been taking folic acid for about 4 months... although I did run out a couple weeks ago so getting some tonight. Might also top up on iron.
    Downloaded the What to Expect When you're expecting iPhone app, it's great!

oh I must get that too!!!!

oh I must get that too!!!!
    I must get a phone that I can get apps on! So looking forward to my first scan! And then to find out the sex further on. Are you all gonna find out or be suprised?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I have another scan in the foetal assessment unit tomorrow... Desperately nervous, but hopefully babs is still in there growing and healthy!!

I wouldn't find out sex of baby if it was just up to me, but my oh is adamant he wants to know: he wants to know more than I dont want to know!!!

I bought cheap non underwire bras in dunnes and they are a life saver for me: way more comfortable than a sports bra for me: I'm really enjoying them being bigger though... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

Welcome Mink and congrats!

I definitely need to get a new bra, am bursting out of my bloomin comfy ones. Will have a look at those sports ones thanks Javagal.

Silly, I nearly fell off my chair when I read your post re the possibility of more than one being in there!!! Twins are in the family but I never thought of that!!

Cyning - good luck today with your scan - hope you're feeling better.

I am just wishing the weeks away to get to Christmas!!!!

• Advertisement

I won't be finding out the sex. Would like it to be a surprise.
    My husband would like a boy, being the only son in his family he took over the family farm, he would like a son to pass it onto, but I know he'll be happy with a girl too. Girls can farm too!!

Where are ye girls from?
    I'm in cork so will be giving birth in the CUMH.

cyning wrote: »
    I have another scan in the foetal assessment unit tomorrow... Desperately nervous, but hopefully babs is still in there growing
    best of luck today.
    Let us know how you get on!

best of luck today.

My little babs is perfect in there: i feel so relieved.... like a massive weight has been lifted! :D Its magical hearing the heartbeat aswell!

On the negitive side they were saying I might need to come back in and go back on a drip with the hyperemisis, and they were talking about the anti nausea tablets again but I really don't want them. (I guess if I do start to retch in the middle of a scan though :rolleyes:)

cyning wrote: »
    best of luck today.

My little babs is perfect in there: i feel so relieved.... like a massive weight has been lifted! :D Its magical hearing the heartbeat aswell!

On the negitive side they were saying I might need to come back in and go back on a drip with the hyperemisis, and they were talking about the anti nausea tablets again but I really don't want them. (I guess if I do start to retch in the middle of a scan though :rolleyes:)
    Ah that's great about the baby being healthy and all!
    You need to take whatever advice they give you re: anti nausea tablets, they know best to keep you and baby healthy!

I won't be finding out the sex. Would like it to be a surprise.
    My husband would like a boy, being the only son in his family he took over the family farm, he would like a son to pass it onto, but I know he'll be happy with a girl too. Girls can farm too!!

Where are ye girls from?
    I'm in cork so will be giving birth in the CUMH.

I'm from Laois, So Portlaoise for me!

Cyning - delighted to hear that all is ok :D You must feel so relieved!

I am Waterford/Cork so CUMH for me too please god all going well! :D

You need to take whatever advice they give you re: anti nausea tablets, they know best to keep you and baby healthy!

Its just some people tell me its fine, but nothing is 100% safe in the first trimester of pregnancy. So going to try and cope for a bit longer: I do know if I end up in hosp again I might have to.
    March11 wrote: »
    Cyning - delighted to hear that all is ok :D You must feel so relieved!

I am Waterford/Cork so CUMH for me too please god all going well! :D

Like you wouldn't believe: hopefully I can start relaxing and enjoying it a bit more!

Kerry General for me :D

I'm in Kildare but work in Dublin. So going to go to Rotunda for scans & such but.... I'm planning to do a homebirth with the homebirth grant.

I need to start ringing around the independent midwives on the weekend and see if any of them will take me. I'm a 1st timer & although I'm not exactly on the Rotunda's doorsetep I'm exactly 1/2hr from there or Mullingar - in the other direction - so distance shouldn't be a problem if any issues come up and I have to be transferred to hospital care.

My sis had her 2nd with a homebirth & she loved it. Plus I know three women who had homebirths on all their babies, including their first & it went well. They all lived in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Congratulations to ye ladies OK i`ll join in
    I`m 6 weeks pregnant (miscarried in august at 9 weeks so a little reluctant to call myself pregnant!!)
    I`m due July 18th :D
    I went to Dr on period due dates cos of very high temp with sore throat but he didn`t test, he just trusted my 7 positive tests starting from 10 days past ovulation!! He filled out the form for hosp and that was it - no blood tests, blood pressure or weight check. Should I have had those? Also according to him I shouldn`t need to see him again til after my 20 week scan!?!? Seems a bit long is it?
    I know if Ive any worries I can go into him or the early pregnancy unit...

I am beyond exhausted today i just cannot kick the tiredness. Suppose it's better than sickness.

• Advertisement

Fri.Day wrote: »
    Congratulations to ye ladies OK i`ll join in
    I`m 6 weeks pregnant (miscarried in august at 9 weeks so a little reluctant to call myself pregnant!!)
    I`m due July 18th :D
    I went to Dr on period due dates cos of very high temp with sore throat but he didn`t test, he just trusted my 7 positive tests starting from 10 days past ovulation!! He filled out the form for hosp and that was it - no blood tests, blood pressure or weight check. Should I have had those? Also according to him I shouldn`t need to see him again til after my 20 week scan!?!? Seems a bit long is it?
    I know if Ive any worries I can go into him or the early pregnancy unit...

Congratulations!!

It seems very long to have to wait untill after your 20 week scan... I had blood pressure and weight check done when I went in. He also did blood test: he did a full antenatal screen checked blood type etc: i thought they always did that on your first appt: but im totally open to correction on that. Maybe give him a ring just to check do they need to be done? My doc said he wanted to see me once a month or more often if i needed it before i got the hyperemisis or the bleed: for the whole week where I was just being normal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I am exhausted too!

Hubby is home for the weekend tomorrow, and we've booked a scan at a place in Dublin seeing as we will both be there together. I had noticed a tiny spot of blood yesterday (really tiny, about the size of a match head) so had a bit of a panic. Seem fine today though, apart from being wrecked, but the scan will set my mind at rest.

I also feel really, really fat! I've never been a skinny minny, but I was always a 14-16, and now all my pants feel uncomfortably tight and my boobs are even bigger, if they increase much more, I'll tip over. I'm 7 weeks today, so surely I can't be showing yet! Of course it could be all the extra milk I've been drinking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Congratulation to everyone :)
    I can wait my first scan :) only few days left :)
    My morning sickness should be called after midnight ;-) they start around 2- 3 am and keep going until 7-8 am. I usually feel nausea.
    Hope it will stop soon.
    Re bra – I bought some time ago sports bra in pennys (grey soft one) it is crappy as a sports – bra but it is great for nights.

Hey Friday!
    I went to gp last night, all he did was get me to pee in a cup again so he could confirm the pregnancy, which was positive again. He barely remembered to do my blood pressure. And then that was it. I'm not bothered though, I just wanted to get letter for rotunda so can get ball rolling.

I feel like I just have constant PMS with the sore boobs and cramping, not complaining though, it's all a good sign. I do feel like I've already gained inches around my middle, I'm so bloated and boobs are huge. I need to watch it on the junk food and start going for walks!

Also anyone else have a bit of insomnia? I'm waking up two hours before my alarm and tossing and turning, I never usually have probs sleeping.

Congrats Fri.day!
    I'm due on the 18th too!
    I do feel a little bigger, but I'm sure it's just bloating. This is my 2 nd child so I know I will get bigger faster than the first time.
    I asked my dr. About combined care, she gave me a list of when I am to see her.
    Before 12 wks
    At 24 wks
    28 wks ( or hospital visit if 1st child)
    30 weeks
    34 weeks
    39 weeks
    2 weeks after birth for baby
    6 weeks after birth for mother and baby.

Hey Friday!
    I went to gp last night, all he did was get me to pee in a cup again so he could confirm the pregnancy, which was positive again. He barely remembered to do my blood pressure. And then that was it. I'm not bothered though, I just wanted to get letter for rotunda so can get ball rolling.

I feel like I just have constant PMS with the sore boobs and cramping, not complaining though, it's all a good sign. I do feel like I've already gained inches around my middle, I'm so bloated and boobs are huge. I need to watch it on the junk food and start going for walks!

Also anyone else have a bit of insomnia? I'm waking up two hours before my alarm and tossing and turning, I never usually have probs sleeping.
    Huge +1 on insomnia

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Thanks I`ll see how things go from here..
    Got a call yesterday for antenatal classes for January (for my 1st pregnancy) so she put down for an early pregnacy class instead and moved my antenatal to May - So that done now!!
    I got an almighty pain in my lower abs last night heading upstairs, I was bent over and couldn`t move for a while... Frightened the hell outta me when I`m convincing myself to be positive...Thankfully I`m actually sicker today with morning sickness than all week - I might actually throw up yet :o

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Hey everyone,

Firstly congrats to all! I'm also due around the 8th of July. It's so nice to see everyone so excited here! Our little bubs was a big surprise and since it's not an ideal time we were very shocked but really really excited now (but petrified at the same time!). Good luck to everyone x

Hats off Mink on the homebirthing plan. You go girl!!! As for the insomnia, I am like a crazy woman in the bed!!

Welcome Fri.Day. Don't worry - locum I saw didn't ask me for anything either! As for seeing the doc again, she didn't say anything to me either about return visits, so I am clueless on that too!

Javagal - I am constantly waking during the night and my head is wrecked from restless legs - my hubbie (at 2am this morn!) said it's like sleeping with a washing machine coz I am turning and hopping around so much in the bed and don't get me even started on getting up for pees during the night!!!

Cyning - your doc seems very thorough in all fairness, must be very reassuring, I am a tad jealous!!!

Kash - I have an awful pot belly (plus massive boobly doobies) and I am only 5.5 weeks!

Got my progesterone level back, it's higher then it normally should be at this stage so am waiting for consultant to advise me on what to do re the cyclogest pessaries (yuck!)

And welcome Mamaheidi :)

• Advertisement

Jaysus I really wasn't expecting to feel so many symptoms right at the beginning, though I know lots of women don't get anything. I'd take buckets of sore knockers, cramps & insomnia over nausea though. I'm really really hoping the nausea passes me by, I don't know though.

Lots of people due on days with 8 - 8th, 18th & I'm on the 28th!

Seeing as we're all so early on, who have you told re the pregnancy (other than your partner in crime :D)? We told my two sisters & two of our best friends as they all knew we were TTC & have been through it before. We're going to tell his folks on weekend (mine are long passed away). I'm looking forward to telling them actually.

Going to try and leave it at that til around the 12 wk mark before telling others if I can. I have this awful feeling that I'm going to start obviously showing early on, I've already got a pot bell from bloating & generally packing on a few pounds over the year.

Himself has now convinced himself he wants to find out the sex of the baby, damn, was hoping for a surprise.

Advertisement