Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Immortal Fighting Championships

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 BJJ.MMA

Yeah the mc fadden and perry fight is a rematch in my opinion shouldnt happen ciarian is to small for middleweight and perry dominated the last fight wasnt a close decision to warrant a rematch, rest of the card is looking good looking forward to this event last event was very good

This fight definately warrented a rematch!:eek:
    in the first fight at chaos...in the first rd, dennis was in top position he didnt get the takedown and landed very little . mc fadden was the more active fighter on the bottom...In the second round dennis was taken down again and nearly stopped by TKO with ground and pound which lasted most ofthe rd, and opened a cut over the eye of dennis and drew blood...and also by an armtriangle in the same round...
    3rd round was more in the favour of dennis being dominant landin some shots...but overall i felt the more convincing fighter was mc fadden..

The Rematch was over quick, Mc Fadden by Triangle Choke Rd 1
    which leads me to believe this fight definately warrented a rematch....

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mmmm...not sure

BJJ.MMA wrote: »
    Yeah the mc fadden and perry fight is a rematch in my opinion shouldnt happen ciarian is to small for middleweight and perry dominated the last fight wasnt a close decision to warrant a rematch, rest of the card is looking good looking forward to this event last event was very good

This fight definately warrented a rematch!:eek:
    in the first fight at chaos...in the first rd, dennis was in top position he didnt get the takedown and landed very little . mc fadden was the more active fighter on the bottom...In the second round dennis was taken down again and nearly stopped by TKO with ground and pound which lasted most ofthe rd, and opened a cut over the eye of dennis and drew blood...and also by an armtriangle in the same round...
    3rd round was more in the favour of dennis being dominant landin some shots...but overall i felt the more convincing fighter was mc fadden..

The Rematch was over quick, Mc Fadden by Triangle Choke Rd 1
    which leads me to believe this fight definately warrented a rematch....

i completely disagree you must have been watching a completelty different fight round 1 denis had better cage control and flipped ciaran on the ground and landed good shots from on top, round 2 same again denis dominated.against the cage and although ciaran did land alot of gnp its obvious in the video alot did not land or hit the mat instead, round 3 denis completely dominated and landed some gnp of his own, the cut was from a graze off a glove rather than from a strike, at the end of the video at chaos you can hear supporters of ciaran say "no dont think he has got this one" good decision in my opinion by judges, as for immortal rematch fair play to ciaran for finishing it quick was good triangle choke but overall denis is better fighter, in better shape and will go far in mma

• Registered Users Posts: 10 brabo

Not really how it went down. Harris actually dominated the round but mcbride caught a beautiful power guillotine that Harris defended really well but it took too much out of him and mcbride was able to finish.

Not the fight i saw at all...:confused:

Mc Bride totally outboxed Harris on the feet landing some heavy blows, then getting the takedown against the cage for a period and landing some brutal ground and pound...which drew blood. harris managed to scramble to his feet....harris under pressure shot for the takedown....and managed to get mcbride down for a period..mc bride got to his feet again to try to land some more heavy shots....again harris shot and left his neck out for a guillotine which did not finish the fight,,,Mc bride took harris' Back and finished with a real convincing Rear Naked Choke.

I dont think he meant the guillitine finished the fight more that it took a lot out of Harris defending it and was soon finished.
    Harris was winning the round early though with great takedowns and cage control,vicious striking from Mcbride and a lovely finish done the business in the end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

brabo wrote: »

I dont think he meant the guillitine finished the fight more that it took a lot out of Harris defending it and was soon finished.
    Harris was winning the round early though with great takedowns and cage control,vicious striking from Mcbride and a lovely finish done the business in the end.
    That's how I meant it alright.

Harris to me was controlling where the fight was going though McBride bloodied him up with a knee inside the clinch at the midpoint of the round. A little error from Harris with his head position and McBride caught a beautiful guillotine, Harris defends well but almost falls into a north-south choke, they scramble and McBride lands some heavy shots and Harris looks like he was almost out from the guillotine before getting finished with the RNC.

I take it BJJ.MMA is a team mate of Paddy's :).

• Registered Users Posts: 39 gatecrasher69er

could someone put up official results of the pro fights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭matrat

Who was the ref at this? Not seen him before and didnt fully agree with a few decisions. Overall a good show and alot of guys looking very impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

matrat wrote: »
    Who was the ref at this? Not seen him before and didnt fully agree with a few decisions. Overall a good show and alot of guys looking very impressive!
    Aiden?? More than qualified. If anything his experience let a few fights go a bit longer than a more inexperienced ref would of.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Aidan Marron has been around for years

One of the best refs on the scene IMO

Has a ton of fights so knows what's going on

Fair enuf, i just felt he stopped 1 of the early fights a bit soft but i understand it is amateur level so better to be safe. I think he stopped the main event a bit early too, coll didnt take many clean strikes and seemed to be workin with his legs to recover to a position, just my view. It took alot more damage for the davies fight to be stopped and he was only tryin to block strikes to his head, wasnt shrimping or tryin to get to guard or anythin!

he curled up into a ball matrat and that was it!!!

• Advertisement

brabo wrote: »
    That's how I meant it alright.

Harris to me was controlling where the fight was going though McBride bloodied him up with a knee inside the clinch at the midpoint of the round. A little error from Harris with his head position and McBride caught a beautiful guillotine, Harris defends well but almost falls into a north-south choke, they scramble and McBride lands some heavy shots and Harris looks like he was almost out from the guillotine before getting finished with the RNC.

I take it BJJ.MMA is a team mate of Paddy's :).

barry do you know the times and results of the pro fights?if so could you post mate

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

congrats norman on another great win. U still heading to the states ?

he curled up into a ball matrat and that was it!!!

Fair enough he was down 2 rounds and was hurt with the liver shot but from my seat he seemed to still be defending himself. Im not contesting the win, was a very strong performance by parke but in pro fights i like to see a more definitive finish!

Congrats again on the show, hope the next one aint as long coming round!

manga_10 wrote: »
    congrats norman on another great win. U still heading to the states ?

cheers dude,heading tomorrow for some training.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mmmm...not sure

Stephen Coll should be happy for the oppurtunity to fight someone of parkes calibre no way way is he in da same league as parkes and just got picked apart on saturday night

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Stephen Coll should be happy for the oppurtunity to fight someone of parkes calibre no way way is he in da same league as parkes and just got picked apart on saturday night
    Now now be nice.

Fair stoppage I thought. Steve wasn't defending well enough. With the Davies stoppage, Davies was in an arm bar position and always threatening to bring his leg back up so I thought it was a good call to let him try to work his way out. Likewise I think a less experienced ref might have jumped in when they saw gorey's eyes rolling but that was ultimately a good call too. I thought Aidan had a good night :)

Advertisement