Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getting to Druid's Glen from Dublin

• 26-04-2012 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi,

Hope I've the right forum - I'm heading to druids glen (hotel) this weekend from dublin city centre and I'm trying to figure out a way of getting there and the cost involved.

I've looked at renting a car which I'll do if other options aren't cheaper.

An alternative is dart to greystones and taxi to druids glen for there, anyone have an idea of ballpark figure for this??

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭markest

€4.70 on DART and approx €12 from DART to Druids Glen by taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The 84 bus will get you pretty close too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Unless your rental car is costing you bugger all then I'd rail to Greystones and taxi it if I were you, OP. The 84 requires a trip out to UCD and a bit of a walk off the road which may not be fun with heavy bags or on a bad day like today.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

You can also catch the 84 at either Bray or Greystones DART, but you're right, a taxi from Greystones might be the most comfortable option, if not the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭wexford12

markest wrote: »
    €4.70 on DART and approx €12 from DART to Druids Glen by taxi.

A taxi would be more than that around €20 ish day rate and around €30 max night rate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,313 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

+1 for Dart to Greystones & taxi from there.

The hotel has courtesy coaches, ring them and ask if they're doing a run into the city at a time that might suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 arclite

An another option is Bus Eireann 133 timetable here http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1326189473-133.pdf.

Advertisement