Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor + iphone 4 - Not receiving all texts that are being sent to me

• 21-12-2010 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have an unlocked iphone 4 with a cut down sim from Meteor, I am having problems receiving some text messages. The texts that I am not getting are from across all the operators, sometimes I get the texts from the relevant number, sometimes I don't.

I rang Meteor a couple of times, gave them examples (times, numbers, operator) of the texts I never got. They were not helpful at all.
    I rang Apple and they said to update the software to 4.2 which I did.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

GRD_2011 wrote: »
    I have an unlocked iphone 4 with a cut down sim from Meteor, I am having problems receiving some text messages. The texts that I am not getting are from across all the operators, sometimes I get the texts from the relevant number, sometimes I don't.

I rang Meteor a couple of times, gave them examples (times, numbers, operator) of the texts I never got. They were not helpful at all.
    I rang Apple and they said to update the software to 4.2 which I did.

Has anyone else had this problem?

sounds like a network problem tbh.
    first thing id do is get together with one of your mates whose texts dont come through and then put your sim into another phone.

get them to text you and see if it comes through on the other ohone, that will determine wethers its a network or handset problem.

also very possible you made a mess cutting your sim card, go to Meteor and get a genuine Micro Sim from them , they are Free........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I have a genuine MicroSIM from Meteor. I find texts can be delayed for hours. Often I'd be texting away and then my phone would fall silent. I'd text the person back maybe an hour later and all of a sudden a torrent of texts would come through.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was a cheap ploy from Meteor to up the case to buy a Android. Frankly since moving to Meteor BillPay I've been fairly unhappy with the service.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ironclaw wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me if it was a cheap ploy from Meteor to up the case to buy a Android

somehow, i doubt that to be honest..............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Sounds to me like it's poor reception.
    I am assuming you had a different phone prior to this and the old phone did not have these problems. If so it could be that the iPhone just does get great reception where you are using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Yeah, the iPhone 4 has very poor reception. In the same place versus my old Nokia, the reception is completely different (Not going on bars, purely call quality and text sending)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 GRD_2011

No thanks to Meteor, the problem had nothing to do with the iphone but was a problem with call barring. I had requested 2 numbers to be barred from contacting at the same time as I started to use the iphone.

Advertisement