Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2012 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Dazaq

any clues on examcraft french HL?exam tomorrow and im screwed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 murfmegan

voldymort wrote: »
    This is the gist of the hl DEB biology paper
    Section 1.
    1.question about a fat soluable vitamin and deficiency. Food - Protein simple structure - Cellulose - 1 trace element in human diet - understand C6(h12)o6
    2.Ecology easy stuff. Abiotic/Biotic/Edaphic Factors 1 example of each + definition - Learn a 4 bar food pyramid - 1 Limitation of it
    3.Weird propogation question I can't remember completely, didn't do it.
    4.Photosynthesis Where does light enter - Where is it absorbed what does ATP stand for?
    5.Respiration How does ATP Trap And Release Energy" - Distuingish between Catabolic and Anabolic reactions
    6.Alveoli Diagram of bronchus/aleviolo identify 3 things on it - know about diffusion and how gases transfer 3 adaptations

Section 2
    1. Investigation of growth of leaf yeast on agar plate experiment. Eukariotic what it means + name 1 other organism in Fungi. how did you dispose of it.
    2. Effect of temperature on enzyme.
    3. The one where you put seeds on an agar plate and see if they've started digesting the nutrient medium?

Section 3
    1.Ecology easy enough stuff. I'd learn the carbon cycle if I were you.Ecology along with competition/pollution definition you need to know Quantitive and Qualitive surverys and how you carried out such a survey rest is on docs.
    2. Homeostasis definition, amoeba, Kidneys - Learn about picitural glands or however you spell it - where its secreted/how it acts/ effects of increased amounts of the hormone
    3.Genetics question is LlGg x LlGg multiply out and you get 16 different phenotypes and question is done. Part c inclues more specific stuff on DNA and RNA
    4.Part a b c answer 2: Bacteria growth curve, mitosis, tissue - tissue culture, example of tissue in plant and animal etc.
    5.Part a b c answer 2: Brain/Sensory Neuron, male reproductive system - know where seminal fluid is made and what happens in the testes and a sterile condition and its cause. , heart heart diagram and how heartbeat is controlled.
    6. Plant reproduction. Genetic engineering.

Can anyone help with the four questions on part six of irish hl deb comprehensions?

Hi, i have my bio mock wednesday and i just wanted to know is this definitely accurate? if i just study these things will I definitely be covering everything for the mock paper??

• Registered Users Posts: 26 AengusMB

Seamus Heaney, Thomas Kinsella, Philip Larkin, Sylvia Plath.

Thanks a million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cahogan

anyone know what comes up on the higher level business pre for the long questions ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

cahogan wrote: »
    anyone know what comes up on the higher level business pre for the long questions ?

You need to know which company for people to help you.
    Meanwhile, you can look at the spreadsheet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 bananabear

dying to know detailed questions from section b of HL examcraft chemistry?? Please anyone? i have it tomorrow and I'm desperate for something decent to cram! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 mobile1541

lcvp examcraft!! someone head me in da right direction please haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 brendan_murphy

Need Maths Paper 2 DEB Higher Level please.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mido4

guys anyone know mock deb or examcraft biology really need for wednesday ,, have maths physics, irish, english french for anyone who needs it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 clo94

Need Maths Paper 2 DEB Higher Level please.

I just got it back today so I can send you the questions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 HCCCM

Maths paper 2 examcraft anyone? Please I'm desperate! Have it tomorrow :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Anyone know whats coming up in the OL Biology? (DEB)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

HCCCM wrote: »
    Done it today. Z-scores, fair amount of probability questions, they say on one question there is a 0.46 chance of having twin calves and that is way wrong, lot of graphs on road accidents - know how to do bar chart, scatter graph. Q8 is very hard, no-one in the class thinks they got it, lot of knowledge of circle arcs etc needed. Be able to comment on a table. Be able to comment on correlation. Sin graph- how it changes if you multiply by N. Equation of circle. Thats all i can remember, dont have paper as they took it obviously

Done it today....]
    Thank you .. Ah maths who needs them?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mock2k12

anyone with paper 2 maths HL DEB? I am desperate.

Literally would sell my soul for maths paper 2 right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

mock2k12 wrote: »
    anyone with paper 2 maths HL DEB? I am desperate.

Same here. Please God can someone help me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MrSpoon11

DOES ANYBODY HAVE THE DEB OLENGLISH PAPER 2 COMPARATIVE QUESTION PLEASE.
    I have done geography, business, irish, lcvp and biology so fare and can give you spoilers in return. PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE ORDINARY DEB ENGLISH PAPER 2 COMPARATIVE QUESTION.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭EmmetOT

<snip>

Please don't offer to pass on scans / photos of copyright material on this forum. Read the first post. - Mod

Anyone with maths paper 2 hl exam craft I can send u all papers examcraft hl including English Irish French maths 1 applied maths music chemistry biology

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mocks1

Anyone out there ?
    do you have ordinary french by any chance? :)

Which company ? U have higher level maths paper 2 examcraft?

deb? no i dont sorry!

mocks1 wrote: »
    deb? no i dont sorry!

A Formal letter
    Message/note - You're staying with your pen pal in France. Say that your friend Francais came to your house this evening. Say he was not able to go swimming with you because he had to work.
    Diary entry - Say you have just returned from an exchange in Paris. Say you are happy to be back home with your friends and family. Say you had a great time in Paris and spoke lots of French. Say you want to go to the cinema tomorrow evening to see a French film.

The comprehensions were easy enough to understand. For certain answers, you need to understand ''les parents doivent prendre rapidement contact avec l'enseignant des enfants'' that is one of the answers.. it means ''parents should make early contact with the children's teacher'' and it is one of the answers you have to write in english

mocks1 wrote: »
    deb? no i dont sorry!
    A Formal letter

Message/note - You're staying with your pen pal in France. Say that your friend Francais came to your house this evening. Say he was not able to go swimming with you because he had to work.
    Diary entry - Say you have just returned from an exchange in Paris. Say you are happy to be back home with your friends and family. Say you had a great time in Paris and spoke lots of French. Say you want to go to the cinema tomorrow evening to see a French film.

The comprehensions were easy enough to understand. For certain answers, you need to understand ''les parents doivent prendre rapidement contact avec l'enseignant des enfants'' that is one of the answers.. it means ''parents should make early contact with the children's teacher'' and it is one of the answers you have to write in english

thank you :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 clo94

I have
    HL maths paper I and II
    HL chemistry
    HL economics
    HL English paper I and II
    all DEB
    and I'll have HL biology and French tomorrow hopefully

So if anyone needs anything just pm me :)

Ok anybody with paper 2 hl examcraft would be my hero right now have it tomorrow and freaking the bean .. Can help u out on anything else at this stage I'd send a carrier pigeon to ur house with thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

clo94 wrote: »
    I have
    HL maths paper I and II
    HL chemistry
    HL economics
    HL English paper I and II
    all DEB
    and I'll have HL biology and French tomorrow hopefully

So if anyone needs anything just pm me :)

Or, you could post them here with spoilers and everyone gets to share.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭icedtea

To all you people sweating and cursing over your pres, I would just like to tell ye to chill....and I'm finished after banning myself from boards for the duration as I didn't want to see any in advance....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wiirdo

Anyone have DEB HL Biology? Would do wonders.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement