Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Race Calendar

• 20-12-2011 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭

WORK IN PROGRESS
    *Feel free to add to the calendar. When including a link, please prioritize the Boards thread for the race (if there is one).
    *Normal commercial race rules apply, ie. if you are an RD in it to make a few bucks, please get mod approval before including your race.
    *Don't mess with the code if you don't know what you're doing!
    * 'website' is link to race website, 'thread' is link to Boards discussion thread
    *Hill/mountain races are in green
    *Track races are in red
    * Cross country and trail races are in brown
    * Road races are in black

Every Saturday - Malahide Parkrun - free, timed 5k website thread

January

1 Tom Brennan 5k thread
    5 BHAA SDCC XC, Tymon park website thread
    9 Raheny Shamrock Winter League (3 miles) thread
    11 Art O'Neill Challenge thread
    13 Dublin Masters Cross Country, St Annes Park thread
    13 Tom Walsh Memorial 10k thread
    13 Ferrycarrig 5 Mile Race, Wexford thread
    19 BHAA Eircom XC, Cherryfield website thread
    20 Howth Winter HWW 201m 5km thread
    23 Raheny Shamrock Winter League (2 miles) thread
    26 Ticknock Winter TRW 417m 10km thread
    27 Raheny 5 mile thread
    27 John Treacy Dungarvan 10 mile thread
    27 Hell and Back 10k thread

February

2 BHAA North County Farmers XC, Swords website thread
    3 Hell and Back 10k thread
    6 Raheny Shamrock Winter League (3 miles) thread
    10 Enniscorthy 10k
    10 Annacurra ANN xm xkm thread
    16 BHAA Gardai XC, Phoenix Park website thread
    17 Trooperstown Hill TRP 380m 11km thread
    20 Raheny Shamrock Winter League (2 miles) thread
    23 BHAA Airport XC, ALSAA Club website thread

March

2 Maulin Winter League Route MAU 538m8km thread
    3 Meath spring half marathon and 5k thread
    3 Ballycotton 10 thread
    6 Raheny Shamrock Winter League (2 miles) thread
    9 BHAA NUI?AIB XC, Maynooth website thread
    16 Tralee International Half & Marathon thread
    20 Raheny Shamrock Winter League (1 miles) thread
    23 BHAA North County Farmers Floodlit XC, Malahide website thread
    24 Dunboyne 4 mile
    24 Wicklow Half Marathon and 10k thread
    24 Hope and Dream 10 mile, Enniscorthy
    31 Fr Murphy AC 5 mile Road Race, Fr. Murphy AC, Kildalkey, Co. Meath 2pm.

April

3 Raheny Shamrock Winter League (1 miles) thread
    6 BHAA DCC 4 mile, Raheny thread website
    7 Connemarathon thread
    7 Meath hill running championships, St. Brigid's AC Mullaghmeen Forest Park, Oldcastle, Co. Meath, 12noon
    20 BHAA K-Club 10k thread website
    21 Wexford Half Marathon & 10k thread
    21 Meath Local Sports Partnership, Royal Run, Kells, 11am
    21 Cushinstown AC track and field sports, Cushinstown track
    24 Raheny Shamrock Winter League (1 miles) thread
    27 BHAA RTE 5 mile thread website

May

7 BHAA ESB 5k, Sandymount strandthread website
    10 Simon Cumber & Paddy Hyland 6k
    21 Bob Heffernan 5k
    26 Strawberry Half Marathon and 5 mile, Enniscorthy
    26 Cavan Scouts/Annalee AC 5k, Castle Saunderson website

June

8 Patrick Bell Memorial 5k Road Race, Bohermeen AC
    8 The Braveheart 5k Run, Trim AC, Trim, Co. Meath.
    22 Michael Manning 10k Road Race, Dunshaughlin AC
    23 Navan AC track and field sports. Claremont Stadium

July

3 South O Hanlon 5k
    13 Kilmore Quay 5k
    17 St. Brigid's AC 5k Road Race, St. Brigid's AC Oldcastle
    24 Cushinstown AC 6k Road Race, Cushinstown AC Pudden Hill

August

18 Duleek 10k Road Race, Duleek AC
    30 Tara AC 5K Road Race, Tara AC, Skyrne Community Hall

September

8 September, Rennicks Cup & Fr Delany 5 Mile Road Race, Bohermeen AC
    14 Kilmore 10k
    15 Ratoath AC 5k Road Race
    22 Star of the Sea AC 25th Annual Cross Country Meeting, Greenanstown, Stamullen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=0m1eptcd7l75r39qk2onmjcom4%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Europe/Dublin

Just my google calendar with all of the confirmed marathons and Ultra marathons in Ireland for 2012 (more added as I get them). Some of the Adventure races also. A few choice international Ultra events added. If you want stuff added PM me, feel free to use it (pass it on) just please let me know of any updates or incorrect dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

(Just so everyone knows, I'm combining all the updates into the first post in the thread so there's only a single list. That's why your posts are disappearing :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Here's a list of all events in the Phoenix Park this year.

http://www.phoenixpark.ie/media/Events2012-1.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Hi RayCun, just wondering why the 1/2 marathon in Achill Island on 7th July not listed or the Dingle full and 1/2 marathon on 1st September not listed, think Dingle might have Ultra also but that is dependent on numbers?

Hi RayCun, just wondering why the 1/2 marathon in Achill Island on 7th July not listed or the Dingle full and 1/2 marathon on 1st September not listed, think Dingle might have Ultra also but that is dependent on numbers?

Because nobody posted them :)
    I don't trawl the web for race info, I just add the links that people post on here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

WORK IN PROGRESS
    *Feel free to add to the calendar. When including a link, please prioritize the Boards thread for the race (if there is one).

This is a collaborative effort. If you want to include a race, go right ahead. If you spot a mistake, verify and correct it. God knows the mods are bloody lazy these days, but they've enough to be doing without taking on extra work the forum at large could be doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

God knows the mods are bloody lazy these days

Too right!! Especially given the exorbitant salaries they're on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    Here's a list of all events in the Phoenix Park this year.

http://www.phoenixpark.ie/media/Events2012-1.pdf

Wonder what those 5 mile races on Wednesday evenings are during the summer - June 6th, July 11th and August 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭runnerboy

runnerboy wrote: »

Can I continue to think of it as the Rockford Files race?
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭runnerboy

Thanks for putting us on the list 'The Rockford' will do as it has stood the test of time since 1980 :D

Can you also get rid of the green colour on all the IMRA races, as the intention was for the information to be readable? People know what IMRA means, they don't need a separate colour for its own sake.

Would a darker green work better, or you just don't like the idea?

RayCun wrote: »
    Would a darker green work better, or you just don't like the idea?

Can't read the text very well at the moment, and my eyesight is pretty good.:)

A darker green would work better, and I don't like the idea. Style over substance; the races are already tagged IMRA.

I find different colours easier to scan through - you can see there's a hill/XC/track race faster than you can read the details. The main motivation was to highlight the track and XC, since we've had threads about both this year where people have expressed an interest in doing them, but didn't know when they were on. This makes them stand out as something different from the mass of road races.

I find different colours easier to scan through - you can see there's a hill/XC/track race faster than you can read the details. The main motivation was to highlight the track and XC, since we've had threads about both this year where people have expressed an interest in doing them, but didn't know when they were on. This makes them stand out as something different from the mass of road races.

I've put in the initial effort for the past few years in putting together a race calendar, which takes a bit of time and effort. You want to add bells and whistles because you think they add to it: it's all yours.

That's some bumper update you did there Ray.

Somebody likes piling on the work for me:p

I hate to be critical, but, a few of those updates are missing websites/threads. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

The fixture list on the new shiny AAI website is quite bare.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Great list. thanks for pulling this together.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭rom

Personally I think it should be a google doc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Alh6ofJoLlpTdDM3M1N6RG0tRE5GTVFSY0l0NUh6c1E#gid=0

as that will produce a nice webpage like this. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Alh6ofJoLlpTdDM3M1N6RG0tRE5GTVFSY0l0NUh6c1E&single=true&gid=0&output=html

If county,price, distance etc are all filled in like this is is easy to build a little search around it too that would actually work other than the crap on runireland. I do think there should be a column for provisional date as some may be. Also it is pretty easy to build a google calendar from it too.

rom wrote: »
    Personally I think it should be a google doc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Alh6ofJoLlpTdDM3M1N6RG0tRE5GTVFSY0l0NUh6c1E#gid=0

as that will produce a nice webpage like this. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Alh6ofJoLlpTdDM3M1N6RG0tRE5GTVFSY0l0NUh6c1E&single=true&gid=0&output=html

If county,price, distance etc are all filled in like this is is easy to build a little search around it too that would actually work other than the crap on runireland. I do think there should be a column for provisional date as some may be. Also it is pretty easy to build a google calendar from it too.

I have no objections to you adding the races above to a google document, and updating it as new race threads are added to the subforum (or you hear of races from somewhere else). I'll happily replace the list above with a link if you do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭rom

I have no objections to you adding the races above to a google document, and updating it as new race threads are added to the subforum (or you hear of races from somewhere else). I'll happily replace the list above with a link if you do that.

I don't have an issue maintaining the document and getting the search working but the point of it is for everyone to add their own races to build a complete calendar. Due to it being a huge task I don't it can be done by a single person. Perhaps a sorted table by date on the forum would be a better approach ?

Date|County|Name|Distance|Cost €|Surface|Thread|Route|Website
    3/3/2013|Cork|Ballycotton 10|10 Miles|15|Road|View|View|View

• Registered Users Posts: 3 socialrunner

As a recent convert to running ( mid life crisis) this is one super event that is on the Sunday of the May bank holiday i did it this year great atmosphere, tshirt, and medal roll on May 5th next year

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

Meath Permit Events 2013

http://meathathletics.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/meath-permit-events-2012.html

3 March, Meath Spring Half Marathon & 5k Fun Run, Bohermeen AC, Bohermeen Community Centre, 12pm.
    24 March, Dunboyne 4 Mile Road Race, Dunboyne AC, Dunboyne 3pm.
    31 March, Fr Murphy AC 5 mile Road Race, Fr. Murphy AC, Kildalkey, Co. Meath 2pm.
    7 April, Meath hill running championships, St. Brigid's AC Mullaghmeen Forest Park, Oldcastle, Co. Meath, 12noon.
    21 April, Meath Local Sports Partnership, Royal Run, Kells, 11am.
    21 April. Cushinstown AC track and field sports, Cushinstown track. (north of Ashbourne off N2).
    10 May, Simon Cumber & Paddy Hyland 6k Road Race, Navan AC, Claremont Stadium, Navan 7.30pm.
    21 May Bob Heffernan 5k Road Race Na Fianna AC Hamlet Court Hotel, Johnstown Bridge, Enfield 8.00pm
    8 June, Patrick Bell Memorial 5k Road Race, Bohermeen AC, Bohermeen Community Centre 7.30pm.
    14 June, The Braveheart 5k Run, Trim AC, Trim, Co. Meath.
    22 June, Michael Manning 10k Road Race, Dunshaughlin AC, Dunshaughlin, 7.30pm.
    23 June, Navan AC track and field sports. Claremont Stadium, Navan.
    3 July, South O'Hanlon 5k Road Race, South O'Hanlon, Senchelestown GAA Centre, 8pm.
    17 July, St. Brigid's AC 5k Road Race, St. Brigid's AC Oldcastle, 8pm.
    24 July, Cushinstown AC 6k Road Race, Cushinstown AC Pudden Hill, Co. Meath 7.30pm
    18 August, Duleek 10k Road Race, Duleek AC, Duleek, Co. Meath.
    30 August, Tara AC 5K Road Race, Tara AC, Skyrne Community Hall, 7.30pm.
    8 September, Rennicks Cup & Fr Delany 5 Mile Road Race, Bohermeen AC Bohermeen Community Centre 12noon
    15 September, Ratoath AC 5k Road Race, Ratoath AC, Ratoath GAA Club (on Dunshaughlin Rd) 11.00am
    22 September, Star of the Sea AC 25th Annual Cross Country Meeting, Star of the Sea AC, Greenanstown, Stamullen, Co. Meath 11.00am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Quick question: Whats the best 10k race to aim for a sub40 attempt?

I had GIR in mind on April 14th (42min last year), but the K-Club 10k the following week may be a better course for it (never ran it)?
    I dont think this years GIR goes down the Fury Glen, so that might be an advantage over previous years?

Are there better alternatives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

I had GIR in mind on April 14th (42min last year), but the K-Club 10k the following week may be a better course for it (never ran it)?
    I dont think this years GIR goes down the Fury Glen, so that might be an advantage over previous years?

Mick Manning 10km in Dunshaughlin is good race always with fast times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

A lot of people run GIR and the Kclub race and normally they are 30-40 seconds faster on the Kclub course. Great race too.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure it still does go through the glen.
    Last year I ran 39.58 in the GIR, about 40 seconds faster at the K-Club

Advertisement