Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GHD keeps beeping???

• 12-06-2011 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi!
    I got my ghd the christmas before last. It has started to keep beeping. Its from the precious gift set. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Ha, mine is a precious and it's doing that too. I got it Xmas 2009.

I'm sending it back tomorrow for them to fix it. I think it's a problem with the cord not working properly and cutting off the power supply. Hopefully they will repair it for me as it's getting worse and worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

My GHD does this sometimes too. There may be a problem with the connection where the wire feeds into the straightner or where the wire feeds into the plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭solerina

I got mine new at Christmas 2010. This Christmas it went crazy beeping constantly and it wouldnt heat up, I brought it back to the shop it was bought in and they sent it back to the factory...they replaced it within ten days.
    A friend said hers did the same in really cold weather but if you heated the room it didnt happen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Mine used to do that in cold weather, they dont work when it's under a certain temperature. Quick blast with the hairdryer and they were fine. If it's happening in June though, send them back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 -avey-

I have mine just over 2 years, and find that when my room is very cold they beep. I squeeze the plates together and this usually does the trick!

• Advertisement
Advertisement