Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Asgard at lloyds insurance

• 18-12-2009 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has heard of this insurance company?
    A broker gave me a quote from them and they don't have a website or anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Yeah, i'm with them. I was quoted via insure.ie. I've had no problems yet anyway. Insure.ie are very good to deal with. Haven't had to make a claim though. I'll probably stick next year. If i find somewhere cheaper, they will probably match it. By they way, they are based in england but and so everything has to be posted from there to insure.ie first. They were always pretty quick anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Asgard are a motor policy that are sold by Willis based in dublin. They are uinderwritten by Lloyds in london.

They are a product aimed at 19yr olds and upwards, first time insurance and provisional licences etc. They only sell through brokers and we sell quiet alot of polices as they're main competitor is Quinn-Direct.

They have a minimum premium of €800 so they are looking for the younger inexperienced/convictions/claim type of driver.

They are no worse or no better than any other insurer for claims etc.. but have decent prices to stay with them for a year or to to build up your bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

That thing sank off the Bay of Biscay a few years ago. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

CoDy1 wrote: »
    They only sell through brokers and we sell quiet alot of polices as they're main competitor is Quinn-Direct.

You forgot you were speaking in the third person plural there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

testicle wrote: »
    You forgot you were speaking in the third person plural there! :)

? I'm a broker and we sell Asgard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

My son is with them through Britton's in Donegal Town ,
    €600 cheaper than axa
    €800 cheaper than hibernian,
    €1500 cheaper than quinn direct whom he was with for his first year

Other than above I know little else about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭Buffman

I'm with these aswell through Brittons. Saved me over €800 compared to Quinn. I got the disc and cert within 2 days aswell.:)

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

They were massively cheaper my first year, about €500 cheaper than everyone else(23yo male, provisional, no NCB).

123 were cheaper the next year, but they matched.
    Next year, I suspect they'll be more expensive.

Advertisement