Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spartacus: War Of The Damned [Starz - US] **Spoilers!**

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 53,755 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Why dd they cancel it? Were the ratings that bad or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

There's only so long it could have gone on for, the show's villain was always going to go Glaber->Crassus, a season on the minor responses by Rome in the interim would just have been filler, the show needs an antagonist and Crassus is it and we know how that showdown ends:pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Headshot wrote: »
    Why dd they cancel it? Were the ratings that bad or something?
    Ratings were good, as I'm sure our in-house ratings expert will confirm. I reckon the show was just a bit too expensive for the Starz network so they wanted to wrap it up while they were ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

i though this series was fantastic, i only saw season 2 first, watched the whole thing then went back (if Pulp Fiction can do random time order, then so can I) and watched season 1 - Season 1 was even better that the second, a real shame that the star died. Im very looking forward to seeing teh Documentary Andy Whitfield made Info Here , before he died.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Cost. Money talks and stars probably feel they can get more bang for buck by cancelling it. The thinking is probably they can create 3 shows with the money saved and one of them will become a hit.

Personally, I think it's a bad move. A show like this won't lose it audience and I think they will regret cancelling it in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Jesus, I am pissed off I found out about that documentary, I do not want to watch that but I will have to :( So sad

• Advertisement

spartacus-key-art_510x764_FULL.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

A few details on the next series

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Spartacus franchise may not be ending with the final season. Word is that Stars is discussing a possible spin-off centered on Roman leader Julius Caesar. The character of Caesar, played by Australian actor Todd Lasance will be a new addition to the third season, Spartacus: War of the Damned, which premieres on January 25th. Spartacus: War of the Damned is described as follows…

Gaius Claudius Glaber is dead. Many months have passed since his defeat, and the rebel army, led by Spartacus and his generals Crixus, Gannicus and Agron, continue to amass victories over Rome. With the rebel numbers swelling to thousands of freed slaves, it has become a force that has started to challenge even the mighty armies of Rome.

Spartacus is more determined than ever to bring down the entire Roman Republic. Following the death of Ashur, Naevia and Crixus fight as one with newfound strength and determination. And Gannicus, always seeking to embrace life to the fullest, shares his bed with the beautiful and dangerous Saxa.

Together, the rebels engage in one bloody skirmish after another and prepare for the inevitable: a full out war with Rome.

The Roman Senate turns to its wealthiest citizen, Marcus Crassus, for aid. A powerful, strategic politician, he respects his opponent and refuses to make the same mistakes Glaber and his predecessors have. With a young and fiercely competitive Julius Caesar as an ally, Crassus is determined to crush Spartacus and his rebellion.

The epic conclusion of a legendary journey, Spartacus: War of the Damned will unleash a battle unlike anything ever seen before
    Read more at http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/264589/[TV]-Starz-Looking-For-a-Spartacus-Spin-Off-Featuring-Julius-Caesar.htm#ZRLXtmFvgI5ZUIRM.99

3x01:
    Spartacus continues to assemble a formidable army and outwit Rome s best commanders. Desperate, the powers of the Empire are forced to turn to wealthy, ambitious Marcus Crassus to aid the campaign.

3x02:
    Spartacus leads a daring assault to provide food and shelter for his people. Crassus builds a fearsome army and receives an unexpected visitor.

3x03:
    Spartacus considers striking a deal with a band of marauders to ensure his people stay supplied and fed. Crassus son Tiberius makes a bold and fateful decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Starting tonight I believe, can't wait.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Roanmore wrote: »
    Starting tonight I believe, can't wait.:)

Yep, the American cousins should have it in the post by the early hours of tomorrow morning!

and we're off........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Just watched all of vengeance since I got home from work just to remind me of what happened last

Really wish Whitfield had been in em all but ah well here we go round two with the new guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rovi wrote: »
    Yep, the American cousins should have it in the post by the early hours of tomorrow morning!

Mine just arrived;) Something to watch tonight.Looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Really enjoyed it, straight into the action.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

By Jupiters c0ck it's back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Clareman wrote: »
    By Jupiters c0ck it's back :)
    Once again the gods spread legs to ram c0ck in ass
    Gotta love the old batiatus quotes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Was good craic, very entertaining, but does anyone else feel that because its the last season, and we know how it is going to win and how it will end, that it removes any suspense?

tvnutz wrote: »
    Was good craic, very entertaining, but does anyone else feel that because its the last season, and we know how it is going to win and how it will end, that it removes any suspense?

That's a bit like saying you didn't enjoy the Titanic cause you knew it'd sink at the end, nothing to do with the fact that it was brutal.

For me, it adds to it, you know that everything they are doing is in vain, helps connect to the characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Clareman wrote: »
    That's a bit like saying you didn't enjoy the Titanic cause you knew it'd sink at the end, nothing to do with the fact that it was brutal.

For me, it adds to it, you know that everything they are doing is in vain, helps connect to the characters.

Not the same, despite what you say about Titanic, in the movie you knew nothing about how the characters would end up,who would survive,what they would do etc,only that the ship would sink.

Here we know who lives and who dies, who wins, sure it will be good to see it play out but this whole building up Crassius when we know the outcome, its underwhelming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

You can pretty much guarantee that 75% of the viewers haven't read up on what happens to who, and probably some who don't even know this is based (loosely :) ) on real events.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Really liking Marcus Crassus great character, the new Spartacus I just can't get into him :(

RIP Andy Whitfield :)

• Advertisement

dave1982 wrote: »
    Really liking Marcus Crassus great character, the new Spartacus I just can't get into him :(

RIP Andy Whitfield :)

Advertisement