Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

As mentioned already, I don't think it's meant to be realistic.

If you want a better explanation though; there's no reason whatsoever that the coroner / pathologist hired by G.C.P.D. can't be a member of the L.O.S., so knows which arm to specifically draw blood from; and "send off to the lab for analysis".

(For that matter, Lucius Fox didn't personally build the Tumbler; so what about the 100's of designers/architects/engineers/welders/mechanics who put it together in the first place? How come they didn't recognise their work driving around on the 6 o'clock news?)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I was just reading Michael Caine's recent comments about how secretive Nolan is. He said that for Batman Begins Nolan came to his house and sat with him while he read the script and then took it away. Caine thought it was a bit excessive. Kinda funny considering the whole script ended up being leaked online a year before the film came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

I was just reading Michael Caine's recent comments about how secretive Nolan is. He said that for Batman Begins Nolan came to his house and sat with him while he read the script and then took it away. Caine thought it was a bit excessive. Kinda funny considering the whole script ended up being leaked online a year before the film came out.

Coincidently I happened to read the same a few minutes ago. Mind you, with Caine's apparent loose lips I can understand why Nolan didn't leave the script with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

any word on any new trailers or theatrical spots?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It'll probably be the summer for the second trailer. A month or two before release.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

I thought it was weird that they were trying to fake a plane crash yet the wings and tail fin had come cleanly off the plane many miles back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

It'll probably be the summer for the second trailer. A month or two before release.

If you are talking about Trailer #2, that has been released for months now!

Anyway, Does anyone have windows media player to download and save trailer #2 of TDKR?

http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/#

You can save it on windows media player version 11 or 12 as well as saving it on Quicktime.

You click on the viewing options button and click on High Definition on either 480, 720 or 1080p. Standard Definition is not great quality IMO.

You can also download it on Flash Player as well.

The number of likes on is at 412,000 and RISING (If you pardon the expression!):)

If you are talking about Trailer #2, that has been released for months now!
    No, I meant the second proper trailer. There's usually a teaser and two trailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'm guessing if they follow TDK's marketing then the 2nd trailer will be released around April.

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I'm guessing if they follow TDK's marketing.

Speaking of that, are there any new virals???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,114 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Hasn't been much news about this lately, bar confirmation of Liam Neesons return :D

BatmanBubbleGirl-1.png
    And see, that suit is bitchin. Way more agile looking. Yes I'm aware usually batman has been portrayed as a big hulking figure (typical of the American style of comics) but I really prefer the direction it's gone in, it just seems more sensible to me for a guy who gets into hands on fights and is rappelling around rooftops. And yes he just looked 'roided up and unrealistic. Like they pointed out rather pointedly at the start of TDK the BB suit lent itself to being fairly rigid and unworkable. The suit just looks more cemented in reality: replace the bat trimmings with black ops equipment and you're looking at body armor you'd expect soldiers to be wearing in 10 years time on a daily basis.

gfdfgf.jpg

As far as the cartoons and comics went, batman beyond took that a step further (making him look almost feral at times) and the newest cartoon by the looks of this, takes a more balanced approach.

batman-beyond-2343.jpg
    batman_021.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I just think they look to chunky and heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,718 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Going to go ahead and presume this scene Oldman speaks of involves the snippet from the trailer where we see/hear Alfred talking of how he'd failed Bruce's parents. That seemed quite a tearful emotional scene right there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i would not be surprised if Alfred was to fluff it in the new film, would add some emotional impact to bruce wayne if he dies at the hands of bane

ricero wrote: »
    i would not be surprised if Alfred was to fluff it in the new film, would add some emotional impact to bruce wayne if he dies at the hands of bane

Would that be canon? I mean what happens to alfred in the comiccs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

constantg wrote: »
    Would that be canon? I mean what happens to alfred in the comiccs?

He survived Bruce Wayne, and went on to lead/assemble a team of super heroes call The Outsiders.

Oh and how could I forget, he also help Dick Grayson when he became batman.

tumblr_l971lmFd2G1qdkj9bo1_500.jpg

So Killing Alfred would not be canon, but who cares, flip all is canon in the films, they can do what they want.

I don't think Alfred will die. That would just feel like a repeat of TDK with Bruce losing yet another loved one. I think it's more likely that Batman/Bruce himself will die, leaving Alfred behind to grieve him. Nolan is wrapping up the Batman mythos in this film, and given that he has tried to depict Batman as an existential hero, it would make sense for the final film to end with his death.

I think it's more likely that Batman/Bruce himself will die

I thought that was gonna happen in TDK when Batman and Harvey fell, and when it showed them lying there, for a second, I thought they are both dead. I thought that would have been a great end, and leave it at 2 films, Warner wouldn't like that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

The studio wouldn't let batman die,

They want the happy ending of the hero saving the day, redeeming himself and riding off into the sunset knowing he's made a difference,

I would love it to happen but it would be too much a bold move for them to conceivably pull off.

It will go

1) Bane breaks the Bat
    2) Montage inter cut with Bane taking control of Gotham/Batman coming back
    3) Batman defeating Bane/League of Shadows closing the chapter and him going off with Selena Kyle

All movies follow the same formula.

• Advertisement

Nolan's last two films made almost 2 billion dollars worldwide. He pretty much has a blank cheque from Warner Bros, who announced their intention to reboot the franchise before TDKR even started shooting. They wouldn't have done this if they thought there was any hope of getting Nolan and Bale to return for another one. Make no mistake about it, if Nolan wants to kill Batman, the studio will let him.

And the hero can save the day, redeem himself and still die. For an example from Nolan's own filmography, see Insomnia.

And the hero can save the day, redeem himself and still die. For an example from Nolan's own filmography, see Insomnia.

/Strikes Insomnia off my To Watch Backlog :P

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭duiggers

Nolan's last two films made almost 2 billion dollars worldwide. He pretty much has a blank cheque from Warner Bros, who announced their intention to reboot the franchise before TDKR even started shooting. They wouldn't have done this if they thought there was any hope of getting Nolan and Bale to return for another one. Make no mistake about it, if Nolan wants to kill Batman, the studio will let him.

Thats right, Nolan has as much control as is possible for a director to have and it would work out well for the studio because killing Bale off as Batman would mean a fresh start for the next franchise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Paleface wrote: »

hey, ive actually come him at yonge/dundas. To make money, i saw him standing as a human statue just outside Eaton Centre, costume is pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Well, that was intreresting. How did he actually do the accents so well to frighten off certain people as well as feeling sorry for the little girl near the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

rofl. can you open this for me XD

by the way, any other new pictures/leaks?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Didn't even click it's from the onion.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

allanb49 wrote: »
    Didn't even click it's from the onion.

its funny though....

Advertisement