Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Euro 2012 Cup

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

FatRat wrote: »
    manual_man wrote: »
    yep it's tricky to figure out how to divide prize money. always. How about we set up a poll for the entry fee amount for a start? 15, 20, or 25. I think 10 is too little :p

Dunno. Doubt we'll get many votes on the poll. I think we should just decide on this forum. But I think the winner is priority and should get nearly all of the money. But if we're using paypal there is always fees to worry about. With the money going into 1 account and then back out to the winners, we'd probably lose around 20 quid in fees.

You just have to make sure (and make it known to everyone) that it's their responsibility to cover fees - though to the best of my knowledge that only applies if the paypal transfer if funded by a credit card - not if it's funded directly from your bank account (this is an option within paypal - you just have to have your bank account linked to your paypal account - this can be easily set up within your paypal profile if you don't already have it linked). I'm for €25 entry :p

€250 1st €100 2nd €50 3rd Prize money looks so much better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I'm in but I'm only interested in the non-paid one.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

Im in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I'm in, if there's room.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

First 16

FatRat
    Copper-Pipe
    Carlcon
    Formation
    WoollyRedHat
    SpaceCowb0y
    Fr. Larry Duff
    KevIRL
    Jimmy-Iovine
    Lemlin
    RoryC
    Captain-Bob
    Manual-Man
    ThegreenGoblin
    Cullenswood
    Munster Magic

Standby Entrants
    Local_Chap
    Thepoet85
    Blondie 919
    Hairy Nipples 87
    Blatter

Could everyone who is listed above start telling me if they are interested in the paid cup or the non-paid cup? ......... Thanks

And to poeple who are about to enter, please say whether you want to be in a paid cup or non-paid cup when entering.

• Advertisement

paid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

i'm in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Non-paid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I can't guarantee myself game-time, so I'll just take the non-paid, cheers and thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

paid or non-paid , will participate anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

paid or non-paid , will participate anyway

same, I will take part either way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Non paid if it's ok thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

In if there's drop outs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Non paid

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Juxtapose

up for the non paid league too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Non paid option please.......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Paid

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Non paid,wasn't going to bother but feck it,adds a bit more interest to the Euro's plus it's only for a few weeks.

This hasn't aroused as much interest as I thought it would. It seems not many are playing fantasy Euro. Therefore, it looks like we'll only have 1 league. Majority rules so whichever most are in favour for, we'll do. At the moment it's a non-paid league and that would get rid of the hassel of having to kick those who don't want to pay out of the league if we do a paid one. So it's looking like we'll have 1 league but we'll leave it until around the 5th of June and see how many people have entered then and make a decision. We could always do a 12 team one with two wildcard teams put through from two of the groups.

We'll see sure. Everyone who hasn't let me know of which comp they are interested in (paid/non-paid) do it now. Thanks.

swoody wrote: »
    i'm in

non paid, más é do thoil é..!

• Advertisement

As good an idea as the cup is, I think a league would garner more interest, certainly in regard to people willing to part with their euros

If we did a tenner a head, i'm sure we'd get 30+. we just need to get the ball rolling

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Id be up for paid if it was a tenner or 15 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

is this going ahead?

is this going ahead?

Need a chairperson. As it were

Not enough people at the moment and just over a week til the euros start so we'll do one cup. I'm just thinking of how to get everyone who put their name in involved.

It won't be a paid cup either, too much hassel and people who entered expecting a free-to-enter cup will then have to be kicked out of it, which is unfair. Well that's what I think anyway. We have 21 entrants. The last 5 to enter won't be in it unless we find a way to include them.

is this idea dead in the water.......?

swoody wrote: »
    is this idea dead in the water.......?

Nope. The original idea is still in full swing but the added idea of having another cup that would be paid for is dead. We'll have 1 cup. Bitta craic sure. I will draw the teams and the teams they will be assigned to soon.

But.... I think we should include the 5 or 6 others that entered but weren't in the first 16 to enter so they wont be in the cup. But I don't know how to do that without it affecting the format of the cup. Any ideas? If we can't come up with anything then it'll just be the first 16 in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Aren't we all in a FSA league anyway? It's not like anyone is being left out of the Boards action - anyone can join our league. It's just bad luck for anyone not in the first 16 in regards to this cup.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm pretty sure most people rate leagues ahead of cups anyway in FF games. I'm sure everyone will be happy enough in the end.

If there's a problem and someone outside the top 16 (who is a regular poster here) really wants in, I'll happily give them my cup spot.

Yeah, we'll use the first 16. It was said first come first served anyway.

I'll do out the teams and the groups and stuff soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 footie1

Does anyone have a spreadsheet which can be used to calculate points earned when a person guesses the correct winner of a game.
    My local football club are running a competition where you have to guess the winners of all the group stages correctly and then guess who will go through to the next round.
    The thing is, I have been landed with the task of keeping track of everyones points so am looking for some kind of spreadsheet which will calculate the points earned for each person automatically.
    Apologies for jumping in on this post but thought seen as it is similar to what you guys are doing that you may have a some kind of spreadsheet or free tool already

Advertisement