Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

i feel it'll just seem like an mw2 expansion pack. As is said with the news of a cod game each year i hope they fix issues blah blah blah but in reality they wont get them all. Remember the hope we had for treyarch? Remember how poorly iw supported their game? Rose tinted glasses and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Battle of Tallght?! So the Opposing Force would be scumbags in Celtic Jerseys? instead of a ballistic knife you could have an AIDs contaminated syringe :eek:

No no no.. read

http://www.chaptersofdublin.com/books/Handcock/tallaght18.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Kersmash wrote: »
    i feel it'll just seem like an mw2 expansion pack. As is said with the news of a cod game each year i hope they fix issues blah blah blah but in reality they wont get them all. Remember the hope we had for treyarch? Remember how poorly iw supported their game? Rose tinted glasses and all that.

IW didn't support their game because Activision fired most of their staff shortly after MW2 was released, so there was no one left to patch it. I for one am looking forward to another IW game, Bops has basically destroyed my PS3, fcuking freezing ever hour, host migrations rarely working, and you can't even escape from games like in MW2 because the fcuking join session yolk is built into it, ridiculous. Treyarch maps are sh1te, there's not one map I look forward to, not like MW2 where terminal, highrise and skidrow could save any sh1te cod session. ak74u's everywhere, sniping fcuking ruined, it just isn't as addictive and enjoyable as MW2 or CoD4.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,821 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

tbf isnt the UMP wide spread in MW2 too?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

NeVeR wrote: »

TL;DR

Cliff notes please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

IMO this sounds to be about right. I mean activision are notorious for being cash hungry in a BIG way and they know people want a resolution to the MW2 story (it was the first thing I thought after I cleared the SP), with the release roster of one a year it seems like their thinking is that they can "tease" us back into the MW storyline for another year with this before a conclusion to MW2s story.

It would also allow them time to wrap up the legal battle with west and zampella AND by that stage the outlook will be clear if they can get away with a pay monthly COD service with is something Activision are wet for.

I would buy this alright, the Ghost character was interesting and warranted his own game. I still am looking forward to a wrap up to mw2s story where soap and price operate outside of task force 141 or any agency but if they bring it back to the likes of mw1s story style ... aka semi realistic ... then I am in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

TL;DR

Cliff notes please

I didn't read it.........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Headshot wrote: »
    id get rid of prone, bigger maps than ops, no claymores. That's just stuff off the top of my head

I'd certainly agree with prone to be quite honest, or possibly make it a perk? I know BF:BC has a completely different style of gameplay but the fact that there is no prone seriously helps cut down on potential camping. If a player in CoD can't go prone it cuts down the amount of areas available to camp, if they can only crouch then the only available areas are behind cover essentially or darkened corners, and we'd all learn those very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

So with IW back making this it means 3 companies will be making call of duty games. Treyarch and sledgehammer being the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Opinions?

Not entirely sure what to think of a prequel tbh.

I don't have any quarrels with as the MW2 engine being used because frankly, it's excellent(zomg I praised MW2 for something, take a picture! ;))

Oh and also rumored are SP and MP maps being combined from both COD4 and MW2.

Personally, I don't want that to happen, If I buy a new game, I want something new, not old. I didn't like it too much when mw2 got map packs that contained old maps from MW1.. all they done was "fine tune some colour".. A new game should be NEW, not old maps,

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Jet Black wrote: »
    So with IW back making this it means 3 companies will be making call of duty games. Treyarch and sledgehammer being the other two.

Sledgehammer have me a tad worried despite their reputation. Rumours of them making a futuristic COD is not appealing. Not appealing IF they go the Halo route that is. I'am totally down with something similar to Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter timeline though which is like 5-10 years into the future if I'm not mistaken. I reckon it's the latter. We'll find out soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭preytec

Why are you here? ;)

This has been rumored since MW2 release.

well i bought the games and have seen them drag it down the toilet. so i have the right to post up my opinion. also i seen this post on the main menu and clicked into it. i didn't lookup cod in games nor do i make it a practice to do such a thing.

iw use the user's own pc's as server, that's a practice that has destroyed mw2. also it will make the game short lived as clans don't bother much with it. my own clan were going to make the move to codbo but after seen how bad it was and how restricted it is. we decided it's best not too. by trying to destroy the hackers all they've done is destroy their own online community. oo and the hackers didn't get stopped. in fact a lot of them got l4d2 for free, strange punishment. i've as much faith in IW to make a great game as i do scientology been the one true religion. but it wasn't so much as the problem with the game that annoyed me. it was the way they handled the faults. that total blackout they did was just not on at all.

so yes you have to be daft or worse to buy cod, especially if IW do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

NeVeR wrote: »
    I wish they would bring out a game with map from places like Dublin/Belfast/London.. with real details :) so it feels like your fighing in Dublin City... Lets reenact the famous Battle of Tallaght :) (Tallaght Map would be needed :) ) -- Maybe in MW4 ??

While I do know that Counter-Strike: Source is not a Call of Duty game :pac:, there is a Belfast mini mod for CSS called "Block H". I'm assuming this would be something like what you'd like in a future CoD game?

Linky here

And now back to yer discussing MW3 and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

giggsy664 wrote: »
    While I do know that Counter-Strike: Source is not a Call of Duty game :pac:, there is a Belfast mini mod for CSS called "Block H". I'm assuming this would be something like what you'd like in a future CoD game?

Linky here

And now back to yer discussing MW3 and all that.

One of the reasons why CoD will never be as good as cs :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://kotaku.com/5739152/report-modern-warfare-3-coming-in-november-spin+off-delayed-to-get-it-done

Seems to contradict other reports of a Ghost-centric spin-off. They also suggest that Raven and IW are doing the multi-player, leaving the single player to Sledghammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Abit like medal of honor then, Think this would benefit the game more, letting IW concentrate fully on the MP and leaving the SP in the capable hands at sledgehammer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

It's been a November release date for the last 4 games, no surprise there. With the involvement of more companies than just IW, we might actually see a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

This Infinity Ward is not the same one that we know though. I'm optimistic though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

if its the old IW coding with new IW approach to cheap perks and fixing whats wrong ala Treyarch then it could be amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

krudler wrote: »
    if its the old IW coding with new IW approach to cheap perks and fixing whats wrong ala Treyarch then it could be amazing

Yep, here's hoping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Yeah but tbh ill never be hyped about another cod game after mw2. It may look good in trailers etc but you can never judge it until its out a month

iMuse wrote: »
    Yeah but tbh ill never be hyped about another cod game after mw2. It may look good in trailers etc but you can never judge it until its out a month

Very true, Black Ops was the first game in forever to get me truly excited before release, now I couldnt really care less about it.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Guns4hire's views -

More or less echo a lot of what I've said re: BOPS in general and MW2 engine :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,821 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

They just love milking a old broken down franchise

Its the biggest franchise in gaming at the mo though, they'd be crazy not to release one. I'd prefer a new COD every 18 months or 2 years rather than every november but meh, what can ya do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

It's the biggest gaming franchise in the world, Probably ever. Of course there gonna milk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

http://ie.ign.com/videos/2010/01/21/ign-daily-fix-012111
    Apparently some raven jokers are in charge of the MP, they did wolfenstein MP and quake 4, never played either.....opinions?......

ED IT: From Raven website:
    Raven Software is a market-leading and award-winning computer game software developer based in Middleton, Wisconsin. Since its inception in 1990, Raven's core has always been centered on graphic excellence and superb gameplay. With this focus, Raven has established a stability few in the ever-changing computer software industry have been able to achieve. As new technologies and trends continue to develop everyday, Raven remains dedicated to surpassing new levels of quality in electronic gaming.

Founded in 1990 by brothers Brian and Steve Raffel, Raven Software has gone from a five-person company with a dream of creating a role-playing game for the Amiga, to the developer of recent groundbreaking titles like MARVEL: ULTIMATE ALLIANCE and X-Men II: Rise of the Apocalypse. Since its inception, Raven Software has developed some of the most critically acclaimed games on the market.

In 1997, Raven Software joined forces with Activision Incorporated (Nasdaq: ATVI) in a union that merged Activision's proven publishing and distribution resources with Raven's first-class development team. Since that time, Raven and Activision have leveraged important strategic relationships with market leaders like id Software to produce many of the most recognizable and award-winning games on the market.

Today, Raven Software continues to define the market by developing the most ambitious real-world and science-fiction action games for the PC and next-generation gaming consoles.

http://www.ravensoft.com/about+raven.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

They are also the guys during the Back Ops DLC maps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Any relation:p? So are they doing all BlOps MP aswell?

Advertisement