Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoos

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

yes, but I wouldn't know the person was a jerk about that kind of thing right off the bat. this way I don't spend time getting to know someone only to discover later on that I don't fit their idea of womanhood.

So because someone does like what you like, they are a jerk? Fair enough sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

angelbabie wrote: »
    its sounds kind of tacky but its mother in hebrew or the closest i could get it. it symbolises the illness my mom has fought through and survived.:D
    It actually sounds really sweet! :) אמא?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Dark haired Girl at the end of Justin Timberlake's cry me a river video. Don't tell me that's not a hot tramp stamp.(at 2.55 youtube video) I remember that video was out at the time lower back tattoos were all in vogue.

I've only ever gotten compliments on mine.

A nicely chosen bit of ink always looks well, shite always looks shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

*edit
    @token101

Sorry, just cause someone is entitled to their opinion doesn't mean I have to think they are right, or deal with their subsequent horse****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

*edit
    @token101

Sorry, just cause someone is entitled to their opinion doesn't mean I have to think they are right, or deal with their subsequent horse****.

It doesn't make them a 'jerk' either though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

token101 wrote: »
    It doesn't make them a 'jerk' either though :pac:

I do NOT need anyone around me on the regular with a "'tattoos look horrible on women" attitude in their head. It would be bad for my self esteem.

reasonable: "I am not into tattooed women"
    jerk: "tattoos look horrible on woman"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Don't have any, but it's something I'd really like to do. All that's held me back is that I'd want it to be something individual and unique to me, and it hasn't come to me yet.

Some tattoos look terrible, others look incredible, but I'd never judge anyone who had them. Each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Hmmmm. So for all you know it could say 'otter' or 'mofo' then? That's sweet.

I have reconsidered this post angelbabie, it was mean.

I apologise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

I've none...

Have nothing against them on women either, done right can be very sexy...

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭shrubs

I have a Kanji symbol on my shoulder and a dragon on my pec (man boob). Will more than likely get another of oriental influence in the near future. They have no significant meaning to me and there are some who like them and some who don't. It doesn't make any odds to me what others think of them, I like them! Opinions are like a**eholes-everyone's got one but most should keep it to themselves!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I've got one on my for arm its the autonomous symbol, that The graffiti artist, Futura 2000 or Futura, he rose to fame because of a lot of work with mowax records and a number of other artists...

But there are 5 rings all inter connected
    each ring stands

for
    . Self worth
    . value my self
    . Self belief
    . Self esteam
    all of which together I peaced these all around the outer ring which is Confidence...
    I believe that the above 4 are the deciding factor...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Cant understand how someone else having a tattoo could possibly bother anyone. Ok maybe if it was like a nazi symbol on the forhead it would be a bit off putting but anyhow

Not really fond of them myself, some look cool but in my head its like deciding to have a uniform for the rest of your life, always stuck wearing the same thing. A mate has one I think is hilarious, a shamrock over his heart that you have to brush away chest hair to see.

Anyone get the barbed wire that was so popular in the 90s?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Cant understand how someone else having a tattoo could possibly bother anyone. Ok maybe if it was like a nazi symbol on the forhead it would be a bit off putting but anyhow

Speaking of that, I worked for a few months teaching English in Thailand, it was a community college so the students were in the 17-20 age bracket. One of the students had that swastika tattoo that Edward Norton's character had in American History X, the same size, in exactly the same position (and no, it wasn't the Buddhist version!). Another teacher, from Germany, had to sit him down and explain the history of it and what it meant..he was boarding in the college and had a tendency to walk around with his shirt off. That was the only time I was ever disturbed by a tattoo.

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Cant understand how someone else having a tattoo could possibly bother anyone.

I've come to learn that there are people in this world who actually want to get offended by things that don't affect them. Bit sad really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I'm up to 12 at the moment. My left arm is a few pieces shy of a sleeve and have two leg sleeves from the knees down.

Each one means something to me, be it what it represents, or a memory. I can look at each one and vividly remember what was going on in my life at the time.

If I woke up tomorrow without them, I'd get them all over again. They're a part of who I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Snowie wrote: »
    I've got one on my for arm its the autonomous symbol, that The graffiti artist, Futura 2000 or Futura, he rose to fame because of a lot of work with mowax records and a number of other artists...

But there are 5 rings all inter connected
    each ring stands

for
    . Self worth
    . value my self
    . Self belief
    . Self esteam
    all of which together I peaced these all around the outer ring which is Confidence...
    I believe that the above 4 are the deciding factor...

Did you post a pic on the tattoo forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jweir

Does any one know where i can get a henna tattoo in dublin , I want to get a real one , but 1st i want to make sure i like it , Just looking to get it done in henna first ! does any1 kno any places that do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

a small black swirly star design on my left foot-not the most original, but love it and have no regrets!
    was something i'd planned on getting for ages, was delighted when I finally did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Jweir wrote: »
    Does any one know where i can get a henna tattoo in dublin , I want to get a real one , but 1st i want to make sure i like it , Just looking to get it done in henna first ! does any1 kno any places that do it?

you could prob go for a consultation with a good studio, and they'll draw it on for you. book an appointment for a week or two's time and see how you like the drawing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

Upper body covered including my head :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

none and i have no interest in getting any.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

you are honestly not ready for a tattoo , if your having doubts and saying "but 1st i want to make sure i like it "

i have a fair few tattoo's
    sleeve on lower right arm goes into hand tattoo , tribal on upper ,
    skull on left hand , bearded dragon on lower arm , and a dog , tribal on upper
    dragon covering my back
    "smile " on me arse lol
    bart simpson , randy marsh , a star , pedo bear , forever alone , x's &os , a lion, and my dogs name on my legs ,
    and a mario mushroom on my foot

If you get a henna tattoo you may well like it, but it's not going to be the same as the permanent tat you end up getting so it's a pointless exercise.

You should hold off getting a tattoo until you are 100% sure you're ready for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

CL7 wrote: »
    Did you post a pic on the tattoo forum?

Yeah a long time ago.. like 3 or 4 years..
    I've got another one, I'm in the middle of designing...:)
    Tho being honest its nothing compared to the pictures in the tattoo forum.. so i feel some what inferior

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

This thread is from After Hours.
    Was fine for a while but now people are starting to ask about places and that what the Tattoo forum is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Allure_

a little heart on my chest,which i will be getting covered soon as its awful! ,tribal kind of symbol if you could call it that ,at the top of my back and a skull butterfly on my arm

• Registered Users Posts: 40 chrismartin4u

I have only one tattoo on my left shoulder and it's a davil's tattoo....biggrin.gif

Advertisement