Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to emigrate to?

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Ali Babba wrote: »
    And the majority of the people I met there are to say the least, rude, ignorant, arrogant, generally just nasty pieces of work i'm sorry to say. I'd move there too only for the locals.

Yes, the doors didn't have locks and when we were there a man came down through the middle of the day into our villa begging us for money, i was up all night for the rest of the holiday every single day. sometimes i wish it was never dark.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

owenc wrote: »
    Yes, the doors didn't have locks and when we were there a man came down through the middle of the day into our villa begging us for money, i was up all night for the rest of the holiday every single day. sometimes i wish it was never dark.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience but its like everywhere else I suppose, it depends on what area your staying in and the quality of the accommodation at that locality.
    There are much nicer places in Nice too.

The locals I found to be absolutely lovely. It was some incoming arrogant foreign tourists who were the occasional pain - but you get that everywhere else too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

tman wrote: »
    The one with Facepalm street in it...

Did you keep refreshing after you posted your first post, just until someone said 'which town' so you could say you punchline straight away??

How incredibly sad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Biggins wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you had a bad experience but its like everywhere else I suppose, it depends on what area your staying in and the quality of the accommodation at that locality.

There are much nicer places in Nice too.

I don't really like mainland europe anyway, because its not an english speaking place, this for me makes it very unhomeable as you do not know what anyone is saying and everything is in a different language, that is why i love america, everything in english , same music everything the same but better!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

owenc wrote: »
    I don't really like mainland europe anyway, because its not an english speaking place, this for me makes it very unhomeable as you do not know what anyone is saying and everything is in a different language, that is why i love america, everything in english , same music everything the same but better!
    I can understand that ok.

For me though, its also about experiencing another foreign culture - and languages, variations of music, etc are part of that for me.
    If I just wanted another country with same languages, same music, same others stuff I'd go that way too understandably - but then why bother if some of it is still the same?

Wherever you end up anyway, enjoy. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement