Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail map

• 22-07-2009 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭

the_syco wrote: »
    According to this picture:

intercity_map.gif

the train goes to Derry, but I it's not listed in the station list. Anyone know what gives?

/edit
    Never mind. Found it listed in http://www.nirailways.co.uk/present/IndexOpSvc.asp#NIR

Interesting map - where did you find it - as it shows the closed Lisburn/Antrim line as part of network. If it is an IE map I'm not surprised! Cobh Junction (sorry Glounthaune is also spelt incorrectly!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Interesting map - where did you find it - as it shows the closed Lisburn/Antrim line as part of network. If it is an IE map I'm not surprised! Cobh Junction (sorry Glounthaune is also spelt incorrectly!)

It's at http://www.irishrail.ie/home/maps/intercity_map.asp?field=from&height=620&width=540 on the Irish Rail website. The NIR section is dashed (and is out of date).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Thomastown is also broken in to two which I suspect is wrong... odds on these being fixed when they eventually revise the maps for Midleton and Ennis-Athenry? Probably quite long!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Some I made earlier. Fitting in Thomastown and Castleconnell is difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

(sorry Glounthaune is also spelt incorrectly!)

That was mis spelled on the signs in the station for years.
    Then again it was also mis spelled on the traffic signs outside the village, so noone really minded.

Updated maps for intercity and Mallow-Cork-Cobh/Midleton are now in place.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

IE will need to update their rail network map yet again to show a glaring gap in the Dublin - Belfast line between Malahide and Rush & Lusk.:pac:

A gap that is going to be there for quite a while...

Do you see Donabate on that map? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Why is Woodlawn a station anyway, its not as if there are more than about 10 houses anywhere near the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

surprised they dont have the proposed/under contruction sections of the WRC on that map

See post 4. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Victor wrote: »
    See post 4. :)

opps, my bad

Advertisement