Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toshiba laptop mouse not working

• 16-12-2013 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I have a Toshiba laptop which is only 6 months old. One if my kids was playing Minecraft earlier on it and the mouse stopped working.
    I tried powering down the machine and I also disconnected the battery to give it what I regard as a reset.
    Only problem is this did not do anything, the arrow is just stuck in the middle of the screen and not at all responsive.
    Is this a major problem?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Luckydog69

Try booting up in safe mode, turn off computer and turn on again BUT keep tapping the F8 key, this only loads up the basic drivers to make the machine operative, on the menu choose safe mode and see it your mouse works, if it does you could do a system restore to a point before the problem surfaced. if its a hardware problem ( Did the kid bang down hard on the touchpad?) then system restore wont fix it. You could try a usb mouse to still use your laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Try Function F9 this usually disables/re-enables the mouse pad on a Tosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Is it the touchpad not working or separate mouse? My laptop has an F key (F6) which disables the touchpad. Check your fuction keys if one resembles a touchpad deactivation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭kub

Thanks all, its a Tosh Satellite model, I just attempted the safe mode but still no joy.

I have what resembles a mouse figure on button f5, one side has a mouse symbol the other has what looks like a mouse off symbol. I have pressed this but to no avail, tried also pressing shift at the same time.

kub wrote: »
    Thanks all, its a Tosh Satellite model, I just attempted the safe mode but still no joy.

I have what resembles a mouse figure on button f5, one side has a mouse symbol the other has what looks like a mouse off symbol. I have pressed this but to no avail, tried also pressing shift at the same time.

Press the function button and F5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭kub

bumper234 wrote: »
    Press the function button and F5

Bumper 234 I thank you, much appreciated. Its working.

kub wrote: »
    Bumper 234 I thank you, much appreciated. Its working.

YW

Advertisement