Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiz Team

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

In my usual habit of promising to be there and not turning up... I promise to be there

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Sorry we had to shoot off guys, train to catch. Well done on best team name, see you next week, if I'm not jetlagged after my flight back from the homeland

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

What was the team name? :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Thinking back, I think our scores were added up a bit wrong again, after all we got 9 in the music and 14 in our comedy rounds. We couldn't have been that bad in the other 5 rounds!!

or maybe I'm just a very bad loser... :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 10,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Fishie wrote: »
    What was the team name? :D

"Derek Quizora's all-stars" - I think it helped that some team of newbies had gone for the tried-n-tested Quizteam Aguilera, so our inventiveness with Quiz-based puns has paid off :D It was a controversial night though, there were 8 of us so we had to split in two teams (we drew names out of a hat and everything!). One team got the best name (though we came joing second-last :s), the other team came second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Roll call for tonight?

I'll be there :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 10,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I think myself & Jack B Badd will have to give it a miss :( Stoopid cold *grumble mutter raslfrasl moan moan moan*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

1269259657_omg_cat.gif

I'll be there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭fluke

All going well yesh mishter bond

• Advertisement

Sorry not going to make it tonight. Not even home yet. Dublin has destroyed me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

D'ye win yet?

Sorry not going to make it tonight. Not even home yet. Dublin has destroyed me!!
    For feck's sake, there was a sports round! We needed you!

For feck's sake, there was a sports round! We needed you!

Obviously not that much... Congrats guys, see you next week.

Quiz this week anyone? I was thinking that our team name could be something to do with Raisa the horse

Quiz this week anyone? I was thinking that our team name could be something to do with Raisa the horse

I think that's what the 'Inspector Horse' people were on about last week.

I'll be there tonight anyway.

serrity wrote: »
    I think that's what the 'Inspector Horse' people were on about last week.

I'm not sure that they were actually, as the story only broke on Tuesday! I'll grab an Evening Standard on the way anyway in case someone famous manages to die before the quiz :)

We can go with a team name based on the fact I'll be wearing sunglasses for the night. Lens needs replacing in my regular glasses, my spares are sunglasses and i really can't see anything without them. Can't see much with them either.

:cool:

All the lads turn up in shades so that exiledelbows doesn't feel self-concious. We could come up with a Blues Brothers related team name :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭fluke

sorry folks will be giving it a miss tonight, good luck!

We're out as well this week. Hopefully back to a normal routine next week :)

1912-so-much-win.jpg

Who's up for continuing our winning streak tonight?

And yes, I'm still wearing sunglasses...

Affirmative

I don't think I'm going to make the quiz tonight, I'm actually having trouble staying awake at my desk so I don't think I'd be much use :(

I don't think I'm going to make the quiz tonight, I'm actually having trouble staying awake at my desk so I don't think I'd be much use :(

An early bedtime for you! Stupid lack of a bank holiday.

Myself & fysh will be there :)

I think if I came along I'd look something like this:

sleep+plank+pub

I'll be back again next week, at full energy levels!

I hate being sick

I think if I came along I'd look something like this:

sleep+plank+pub

I'll be back again next week, at full energy levels!

I hate being sick

Aw, was looking forward to another game of human buckaroo...

Not feeling great myself but will struggle through!

• Advertisement

Quiz tonight?

Advertisement