Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

onofakind wrote: »
    Hi Mink, Am almost embarrassed to say this...but we've been off birth control for 3 and a half years, properly trying for about 2 and a half! I know we should have seen doc before now but its hard to get up the courage. How are you?

There's no law that you HAVE to go see a doc, if you didn't feel ready that's totally up to you. As longinforababy was saying as well, definitely make notes in a little diary. I'd read it on another post somewhere in here (possibly detictivfoxtrot) but on the day I get period I write AF, on day I think I'm going to ovulate - put a smiley face, on the day we do the deed put a little heart (soppy!), if I have favourable mucous I put EWCM (Egg White Cervical Mucous), if I do an ov test - I put put OPK - or +.... and so on. I use a diary anyway to keep track of birthdays, meetings, events, direct debits etc so it was easy to put this stuff in. It really helps to pinpoint everything. Plus then you'll have a record for whenever you do decide to go to a doc.
    Mink is right, poas first thing in the morning! Better to spend the money on poas than spend a week wondering!
    First we were told dh was azoo, 2 years down the line we got doc to refer us to cfc.
    They did sa test twice and turned out he was not azoo!

Longinforababy - what is poas, azoo, cfc and sa?

We don't use abbreviations on here as much, just the real well known ones like AF and OPK I think.
    Fri.Day wrote: »
    Used my last pregnancy test y/day morning (sunday), it was negative and due period tomorrow...:o
    Here`s hoping but for now i`d say it`d be a very long shot...
    no sore boobs
    no funny taste in my mouth
    no cramps
    feeling a bit of pms
    :mad:

That's crap Fri.day, hope you're not too bummed out. Maybe there's still a chance, most accurate on or after day period due and all that.
    iguana wrote: »
    Sperm meets egg plan, done!

Between my late ovulation, the mid-plan trip to London and my cold I'm very glad it's done and 10 times more desperate than usual to be pregnant because I don't think I can ever, ever have that much sex in one month again.:o

I wish I could say same re sperm meets egg. Hubby was away for one of the main ovulation days (I think). Sure we'll see...

I'm still delighted I got a positive on an OPK and that possibly my cycle will be shorter this month that I'm almost saying to myself that I can do without the positive preg test for this month only as a trade off to the karma-gods!

2 week wait now. I think AF should be due 24th Oct. If we're preg on this cycle we'll be due early July - summer babies!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Between my late ovulation, the mid-plan trip to London and my cold I'm very glad it's done and 10 times more desperate than usual to be pregnant because I don't think I can ever, ever have that much sex in one month again.:o

Oohh I've such a good feeling for you this month though I hear you on all the sex, when we were doing SMEP we dtd every second day from CD10 then the day before ovulation and the day of ovualtion but by the day after ovulation we were too tired so we didn't do it, didn't seem to matter though cos one of those spermies made it to their goal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Oohh I've such a good feeling for you this month though I hear you on all the sex, when we were doing SMEP we dtd every second day from CD10 then the day before ovulation and the day of ovualtion but by the day after ovulation we were too tired so we didn't do it, didn't seem to matter though cos one of those spermies made it to their goal :D

We did that plan last month but since found out i have endometriosis so it was all in vain. Because I'm a glutton for punishment, we're doing it all again this month (just in case :o)

On a side note, when I first went to my gp about fertility, she told me that OPK sticks really are so unreliable and i shouldnt be using them. Apparently some gynaes in the coombe want them banned. The fertility expert I met last week confirmed the same. I've spent a small fortune on them!!!!!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Iguana - I'd say you covered all your bases. The month I got the preggers once per day for 3 days around OV is all we did. So you can rest assured you both had a good effort put in this month and hang up the saucy undies ;)

Mink - I think its my diary code you describe - I saw you say soppy hearts and smilies and thought I recognised it. Its really easy, especially on a calendar format to count up.

Fri.day - Dont count yourself out just yet - I had (and still have) not a single pregnancy symptom. I felt more preggers with PMS symptoms than I ever have in the last few weeks. No sickness, no sore boobs, nada, and theoretically I should have double any symptoms.

Yellow hen - I had a single month using the boots own brand OPK's after that I went on the internet for the cheapies for mere pennies. The chemist ones would ruin ya financially! I dont mind wasting the cheap ones because the worked out at about 50c each.

Neyite wrote: »
    Mink - I think its my diary code you describe - I saw you say soppy hearts and smilies and thought I recognised it. Its really easy, especially on a calendar format to count up.

Ah yes it was you, sorry.
    Great idea, I've found it really useful and it is funny opening up the pages of the diary & seeing random smiley faces and love hearts and +'s and -'s. It looks like a tween's diary!

Re the opk's yellow hen. When I got the positive this month, it coincided with other symptoms of ovulation and I'd made a point of following what Deanna says on the sperm meets egg plan of how to do them. She says do it in afternoon or after work, don't drink anything or pee for about 4hrs beforehand. Last month I was all over the place with my opk's and didn't see anything substantial come up on them. I got the 7 pack in Tesco's (own brand) and it was about 8 euro so not too bad.

I will say that I guess there is the danger of relying on them too much & only having a bunch of sex when they tell you to rather than keeping up a steady enough every-second-day routine.

I guess it's probably safer to go off the signs your body gives that it's ovulating. When I think about it mine are kind of obvious - Egg white type stuff, randy as hell :o, feel great, skin nice etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭longinforababy

Mink sorry...
    POAS pee on a stick
    CFC Cork Fertility Clinic
    azoo azoospermia - no spermatazoa found
    sa semen analysis
    Been on forums too long and use the abbreviations, sorry

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Been having some fairly insistent pains around my right ovary. (The one I believe I ovulated from.) I assume it's the corpus luteum cyst but I don't remember it ever being like this any other month.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thanks ladies, will start doing the diary.
    Dont think there is much point poas as dtd this morning and spottd very lightly afterwards...have never done that before (altho AF was originally supposed to be due today and i've never been early before either). Why is my body acting up this month???!!!! grrr! so frustrating!
    THink an evening on the sofa with a big tub of ice cream might be in order tonight :)
    Get a relaxing evening in before we start the monthly sex marathon :D
    Jesus i think if i do ever get preggers, i'l put a chastity belt on for nine months!

sorry iguana, whats a corpus luteum cyst?

what part of your cycle are you in iguana?

• Advertisement

Oh ok, sorry ignore last post.
    That sounds hopeful so... how long have you left on 2week wait?
    Very exciting.

LOL @
    I don't think I can ever, ever have that much sex in one month again.:o

Oh ok, sorry ignore last post.
    That sounds hopeful so... how long have you left on 2week wait?
    Very exciting.

I don't really know! I'm 3 or 4 days past ovulation, so a week and a half left judging by that. The only thing is my period is actually due in the next 6 or 7 days as I ovulated on day 20 or 21 of a 29-30 day cycle. Though I did have a 33 day cycle during the summer, so perhaps I'm just having a long cycle this time too.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Neyite wrote: »

Fri.day - Dont count yourself out just yet - I had (and still have) not a single pregnancy symptom. I felt more preggers with PMS symptoms than I ever have in the last few weeks. No sickness, no sore boobs, nada, and theoretically I should have double any symptoms.

Yep I have you in my head all day today, Neyite`s twins and no symptoms!!!...trying not to get down til i know one way or the other :)
    Mink wrote: »
    That's crap Fri.day, hope you're not too bummed out. Maybe there's still a chance, most accurate on or after day period due and all that.

2 week wait now. I think AF should be due 24th Oct. If we're preg on this cycle we'll be due early July - summer babies!

Didn`t get period today so kept my head although I`m very guilty of looking way too far ahead - if I`m pregnant Im due June 18/20th :rolleyes:
    Been having some fairly insistent pains around my right ovary. (The one I believe I ovulated from.) I assume it's the corpus luteum cyst but I don't remember it ever being like this any other month.
    In the book "taking control of your fertility" she says when you ovulate outta your right side you will feel a little swelling/lump in the groin area on the same side afterwards, like a swelled lymph node or some point there!!! ;)

I don't really know! I'm 3 or 4 days past ovulation, so a week and a half left judging by that. The only thing is my period is actually due in the next 6 or 7 days as I ovulated on day 20 or 21 of a 29-30 day cycle. Though I did have a 33 day cycle during the summer, so perhaps I'm just having a long cycle this time too.:confused:
    If your luteal phase after ov is normally lets say 12 days then you count from ov for 12 days and thats when af should be due, if I remember how it was explained in taking charge of your fertility... dont have the book to hand to check but that's what I remember from it... so prob a long af this month, but hoping it doesnt come at all for you! :babdust: !

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Custard Cream

Morning everyone. We had our 12 week scan on Monday and unfortunatly a heartbeat could not be found. I can't really write anymore about it as I'll just start crying again. I just wanted to ask some of the girls who have been in the same situation when their period came back? The doc said it could be 5-6 weeks? Also my lower back is killing me. Is that normal? My husband says it's probably stress as well as the D&C.

I may not post on TTC for a few weeks but as always I'll follow all your stories and keep you all in my prayers. Wishing you all the very best of luck this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I'm so sorry to hear that custard cream. Hoping you and your partner get through this in your own way and in your own time.
    Thinking of you and will send up a little prayer for you. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

custard cream what devasting news. so sad to hear. thinkin gof you and your partner and we are always here if needed.

iguana - any updates?? sounds like you covered all areas.

As for me i had a HSg done end of sept (day 6 of my cycle) a week after i had a spontaneous 3 day period (my first sponatneous AF in over 18 months!!) and then yesterday evening - totally out of the blue full blown AF arrived! totally freaked me out. And it would of been 32 days since my last one. So maybe i might of needed clearing out which the HSG must of done. Im back to the consultant of Tuesday - any suggestions on what be our next opitions?? I have already tried 2 cycles of clomid 100mg post a provea brought on AF and bloods showed it had no effect. Will he try it again? he was speaking about a lapasocopy but not that i have had two AF will he still do that?

In the next few months 3 of my closest friends will be due to give birth and these last few weeks i cant stop thinking about if i will ever fall pregnant. Im off out this weekend for a hen and just gonna let my hair down (think its long overdue!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Hope34

Custard Cream, I'm so so sorry. I know you must be so sad. Don't lose hope though, this will happen for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Custard Cream I am so sorry for your loss. Really nothing and no-one can help, but hold on to one another and you will get through.

The pain in your lower back is normal, infact I felt uncomfortable for about a week after each d&c, nurofen plus were my friend. As to my period in all three cases it was 4 weeks after the bleeding stopped.

Big big hugs to you and your hubbie

Custard Cream, I am so so so sorry to hear that. I hope you & your OH are taking care of each other. I've not had a miscarriage before (not been preg) but I know many here have & will have advice.

I'm sure they will tell you let yourself heal fully physically & emotionally & that's the priority. So sorry.

• Advertisement

Nicky987 wrote: »
    As for me i had a HSg done end of sept (day 6 of my cycle) a week after i had a spontaneous 3 day period (my first sponatneous AF in over 18 months!!) and then yesterday evening - totally out of the blue full blown AF arrived! totally freaked me out. And it would of been 32 days since my last one. So maybe i might of needed clearing out which the HSG must of done.

Someone else was saying that the Hsg definitely helps clear things out and can really trigger a period. It's great that you are having spontaneous ones now!!

Apparently it can help move any little blockages in tubes & so on so you could well fall preg on next couple cycles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Custard Cream I am so sorry for you and your partners loss. Stay strong and look after each other.

Custard Cream, I'm so sorry for your loss. I cant even begin to imagine the pain you must be feeling. take care of yourself x my thoughts are with you and your partner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Morning everyone. We had our 12 week scan on Monday and unfortunatly a heartbeat could not be found. I can't really write anymore about it as I'll just start crying again. I just wanted to ask some of the girls who have been in the same situation when their period came back? The doc said it could be 5-6 weeks? Also my lower back is killing me. Is that normal? My husband says it's probably stress as well as the D&C.

I may not post on TTC for a few weeks but as always I'll follow all your stories and keep you all in my prayers. Wishing you all the very best of luck this month.
    So sorry for your loss. Rotten rotten rotten. My af came back exactly 28 days after d&c. I hope you get over the physical and emotional trauma soon. Hugs

I'm really sorry for your loss Custard Cream. Take care of yourself.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Custard, I am so sorry to hear your news. My sincere condolences to you and your husband on your loss.

I got sad news this morning too - one of my little twins stopped growing at 8 weeks, The little one I was worried about. I know I should be happy that I still have one very healthy baby, and I am, but today I need to grieve for my little one that was only with us for a short while. My emotions are all mixed up - The nurse pointed out the twin that was moving around - the head, the arms, the feet, and I was so proud, yet at the same time my heart was breaking because the other little one was so still, and small.

I had to pull a sickie after our early morning scan. If I had to listen to my supervisor flap on about a dumb spreadsheet or report today, I might have cheerfully killed her. My partner is in bits, I have never seen him cry before, but today he is so upset. Which sets me off. Today I have cried so much for my little fragile child that was too delicate for this world.

oh Neyite, i'm so sorry. How heartbreaking for you both. It must be such mixed emotions for you. You were right not to go to work, you need time to grieve. My thoughts are with you x hugs

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

neyite - very sorry on your sad news also, you need to grieve for your little one but remember they will leave on in their sibling who is a true fighter...... be strong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Neyite, Custard Cream, I don't know what to say, there is never the right words for events like this and I can't even imagine putting myself in your shoes as that alone would be too painful. Please take care x

• Advertisement

Oh Neyite, I'm so sorry to hear your news too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement