Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Cisco Modem/Router Password

• 10-06-2009 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi Guys,

I have a newly installed broadband and I want to change some settings inside.Anyone knows what's the default password?Help is very much appreciated.

Comments

janusz0001 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I have a newly installed broadband and I want to change some settings inside.Anyone knows what's the default password?Help is very much appreciated.

You cant change any settings on the Modem. If you use it in accordance with a router then that's were the settings your looking for are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 janusz0001

cisk wrote: »
    You cant change any settings on the Modem. If you use it in accordance with a router then that's were the settings your looking for are.

The router password is what im lookin.They have installed an integrated modem/router.I want to change the wireless settings...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

From what the users here who have the new Cisco modem have been saying, you leave the username and password blank.
    That's the automatic setting.
    Just leave them blank, and click ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 FenderJazz

Its ur UPC a/c number. Used to work in that call center.
    If that doesn't work just use "admin" as ur username and "password" as ur password. Case sensitive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

FenderJazz wrote: »
    Its ur UPC a/c number. Used to work in that call center.
    If that doesn't work just use "admin" as ur username and "password" as ur password. Case sensitive!

This is a new modem.
    it's only out a few weeks.

The account number is the password that their techs put on your wireless network.

Admin and Password is the details for the old Netgear Router.

This is a new password for a new modem.

As I said, leave both blank.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Tannylan

_Sidhe_ wrote: »
    From what the users here who have the new Cisco modem have been saying, you leave the username and password blank.
    That's the automatic setting.
    Just leave them blank, and click ok.

+1

Thanks for the answers guys!Will try it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Feasog Dearg

Hi janus,

I can confirm that clicking OK does work - you'll be prompted to enter a password then. However, this didn't work in Google Chrome, for me anyway. I had to use Internet Explorer for clicking OK to work. It may work in Firefox, I didn't check.

So, if you use IE then you should be fine, if you use Chrome, try Firefox, then IE.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 FenderJazz

Cool, Anyway, not to get a whole ball rolling but never liked UPC. treat their staff like ****e too!

Hi janus,

I can confirm that clicking OK does work - you'll be prompted to enter a password then. However, this didn't work in Google Chrome, for me anyway. I had to use Internet Explorer for clicking OK to work. It may work in Firefox, I didn't check.

So, if you use IE then you should be fine, if you use Chrome, try Firefox, then IE.

Good luck!

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭cipher_neo

_Sidhe_ wrote: »
    This is a new modem.
    it's only out a few weeks.

The account number is the password that their techs put on your wireless network.

Admin and Password is the details for the old Netgear Router.

This is a new password for a new modem.

As I said, leave both blank.

thanks, this helped me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 harlock59

I need it too, thx

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

harlock59 wrote: »
    I need it too, thx

Leave both fields blank and press ok. It will prompt you to enter a new password then.

Leaving the 'old password' box blank, and just fill in the new boxes with whatever you choose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 harlock59

Ok, sorry for not having replied before to tell i'd already succeeded. i had read it after.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭electrolinks

Default Settings

Login URL: http://192.168.1.1
    Username: <blank>
    Password: <blank>

There is an “Advanced” tab which will ask for another Username & Password:
    Username: admin
    Password: W2402

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Default Settings

the advanced one works alright, not that it allows me to do anything after that. I've been looking for the Anonymous NAT Redirection setting.

Yes it looks like they have locked down the router a little more with an update.
    They ruined my advanced settings for NAT and other custom settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Runs Cold

FenderJazz wrote: »
    Cool, Anyway, not to get a whole ball rolling but never liked UPC. treat their staff like ****e too!
    No Just You.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 FishD

Yes it looks like they have locked down the router a little more with an update.

Has anyone managed to successfully swap out the UPC modem for an off the shelf one ? Or to bridge a new router, and bypass the upc router functionality, (security, ports NAT etc).

Some very good routers out there, but probably no advantage in changing the modem

cheers
    Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

I'm trying to set up remote access to an iomega NAS. The port forwarding is set up in my router, but remote access isn't working, and I believe it's because it can't get through the UPC Cisco modem.

The advice on the Iomega site (http://www.iomega.com/support/remoteaccess/#topic_top) says to try to enable the DMZ in the primary router (the Cisco one).

Is it possible to do this if the UPC/Cisco router is as locked down as described above? Are there any workarounds?

Finally, I can't connect to the Cisco router at 192.168.1.1, presumably because I'm connected to the second router in the chain (192.168.2.1) and my internal IP is 192.168.2.3 and subnet is 255.255.255.0 What's the most convenient way for me to connect to the Cisco router - I tried plugging into it directly and 192.168.1.1 did nothing either (the gateway was 109.something)

cheers

• Advertisement

edanto wrote: »
    I'm trying to set up remote access to an iomega NAS. The port forwarding is set up in my router, but remote access isn't working, and I believe it's because it can't get through the UPC Cisco modem.

The advice on the Iomega site (http://www.iomega.com/support/remoteaccess/#topic_top) says to try to enable the DMZ in the primary router (the Cisco one).

Is it possible to do this if the UPC/Cisco router is as locked down as described above? Are there any workarounds?

Finally, I can't connect to the Cisco router at 192.168.1.1, presumably because I'm connected to the second router in the chain (192.168.2.1) and my internal IP is 192.168.2.3 and subnet is 255.255.255.0 What's the most convenient way for me to connect to the Cisco router - I tried plugging into it directly and 192.168.1.1 did nothing either (the gateway was 109.something)

cheers

It should be possible. I have been able to do something similar.
    Please ignore if these answers are too simple or Im not getting your issue:

Do you have router Admin access? Can you remove the second router temporarily to get what you need set up?

Can you see any services on your routers external IP when looking at it from outside your network? Like port 80 on your external IP?
    Secondly are the correct ports open on the router that has the external IP?
    What services on the NAS are you going to use: Web 80, FTP 21?, SSH 22?

So you need to
    1: Create a NAT rule for the port (service you need) to the external IP address
    2. Make sure that port is open

e.g.
    SSH -
    NAT rule from your internal NAS box
    e.g. 192.168.0.11 to your routers public IP xx.xx.xx.xx

Port 22 access is accepted on your router

Can be brought back with a little work. (Make the necessary changes again or import your last good saved settings from the router)

Stoner wrote: »
    the advanced one works alright, not that it allows me to do anything after that. I've been looking for the Anonymous NAT Redirection setting.

Its really weird. But after a bit of poking around I seem to gain access to create NAT rules. I think the interface is to blame, its just rubbish. Also possibly being made more difficult by the limited access?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

It should be possible. I have been able to do something similar.

Thanks for the help. I've been able to solve this.

The root cause of the problem was that I didn't have enough ports forwarded. I got help from Iomega tech support on their forum (post 3,4,5 here), and it's working now.

I didn't have to go near the settings in the Cisco UPC modem, so it's all good.

Thanks for the advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 5stars

did any1 managed to crack into ciscos setting it seems that upc blocked the modems from their side and advanced option are not avilable anymore . shall i replace it with netgear router or there's other way around it ?

What does the advanced settings allow you to do that the standard doesn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

janusz0001 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

UPC are coming out tomorrow to install the 30mb broadband for me, im guessing ill be getting the same router/modem as you so im wondering why u want/need to change the wireless setting like is their any problems?..id like a heads up on any problems ill face tomorrow:)

(need my BB up and running for black ops at midnight;))

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Smiley Laura

Default Settings

How did you get the advanced tab password!?! :O

Also, I've been having a really bad internet connection since I got UPC. After a long while, I narrowed it down to the USB network adapter (thingy that UPC gave me to plug into the desktop so that the desktop would pick up on the WIFI from the wireless modem/router from downstairs) being not able to pick up on the WIFI. So here's my question:
    Can I buy a different one of those ‎USB network adpaters, a stronger one, and will it be able to pick up the WIFI from the modem/router? Will any one work?
    My laptop picks up on the WIFI PERFECTLY.

Thanks to anyone who answers, I've been having this probelm for months, been on to UPC dozens of times and had the USB fixer man out loads too. :o

How did you get the advanced tab password!?! :O

Also, I've been having a really bad internet connection since I got UPC. After a long while, I narrowed it down to the USB network adapter (thingy that UPC gave me to plug into the desktop so that the desktop would pick up on the WIFI from the wireless modem/router from downstairs) being not able to pick up on the WIFI. So here's my question:
    Can I buy a different one of those ‎USB network adpaters, a stronger one, and will it be able to pick up the WIFI from the modem/router? Will any one work?
    My laptop picks up on the WIFI PERFECTLY.

Thanks to anyone who answers, I've been having this probelm for months, been on to UPC dozens of times and had the USB fixer man out loads too. :o

What make/model of USB wifi dongle are you using?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Smiley Laura

cipher_neo wrote: »
    What make/model of USB wifi dongle are you using?

Scientific Atlanta. It is the one that UPC gave us for free.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement