Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Enterprise Ireland Graduates for International Growth- G4IG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jb76

Is it unusual that I haven't heard a single thing from any hiring company? :confused: I'm treating anything I hear from EI as a bonus and I'm in advanced stages of the recruitment process with a few companies but just a little surprised.

We've had this on here a few times before and although a few - myself included - have heard from one or more companies, I still stick with my original answer. That is that the process goes from May to August. From the previous intakes over the last two years, companies have always seemed to really push it out to the deadline. EI themselves admit as much. This thread isn't what you'd call reliable, it only has about 4/5 posters out of the 200 or so people that were matched.

I have a final round interview today for a company that contacted me 3 weeks ago. But at the same time, another company only made contact yesterday evening. It really is up to the companies and I wouldn't begin to think into it too much until mid-July at the earliest.

Best of luck with the other things though, but I'm sure you are still very much in the running with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fasionista

Hi guys!!

Just wondering if anyone's been accepted onto the course? I am due to start with a company at the beginning of Sept! Still unsure as to what role Enter[rise Ireland play in the whole process!? As far as I know we will be in Smurfit like 18 days over first six months and that will be our Diploma, so I'm guessing there must be some form of continuos assessment or project or something? Anyone know anything?! Also I will be moving up to Dublin from Cork, looking for places to live now if anyone's interested! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭he man rugger

fasionista wrote: »
    Hi guys!!

Just wondering if anyone's been accepted onto the course? I am due to start with a company at the beginning of Sept! Still unsure as to what role Enter[rise Ireland play in the whole process!? As far as I know we will be in Smurfit like 18 days over first six months and that will be our Diploma, so I'm guessing there must be some form of continuos assessment or project or something? Anyone know anything?! Also I will be moving up to Dublin from Cork, looking for places to live now if anyone's interested! :)

Congrats, what industry will you be working in? What was your academic background (if you don't mind my asking)?

Congrats, what industry will you be working in? What was your academic background (if you don't mind my asking)?

I did Commerce and Spanish - will be working in sales, customer relations and marketing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mrs_reflecto

Hello everyone,

I have asked a lot of questions from current students on the programme and have lots of good information to share. Plenty of the information on here is misleading or wrong, so here is some reliable answers:

1. Salary - EI supports companies in hiring a graduate and so will give 50% of the graduates salary to large companies and 70% of the graduates' salary to small companies. The company must then chip in to contribute the remainder of the graduates' salary. You would get paid the same amount working for a big or small company but smaller companies are just eligible for a larger grant....so the salary figures that you see on the EI website under the company information represent how much funding the company will get rather than the actual graduate salary. You can probably expect to get an additional 20-30% on top of this figure for the 18 months...The cost of the diploma is completely funded by EI and does not effect the salary of the graduate.

2. The diploma consists of continuous assessment, and both individual and group work. You will have approx 18 days in college, and submission dates over the course of study. You will also have course work while you work abroad and a mentor will check in on everyone via video conferencing according to the zones you are in.

Hope this helps and good luck everyone in the process :)

• Advertisement

Hello everyone,

I have asked a lot of questions from current students on the programme and have lots of good information to share. Plenty of the information on here is misleading or wrong, so here is some reliable answers:

1. Salary - EI supports companies in hiring a graduate and so will give 50% of the graduates salary to large companies and 70% of the graduates' salary to small companies. The company must then chip in to contribute the remainder of the graduates' salary. You would get paid the same amount working for a big or small company but smaller companies are just eligible for a larger grant....so the salary figures that you see on the EI website under the company information represent how much funding the company will get rather than the actual graduate salary. You can probably expect to get an additional 20-30% on top of this figure for the 18 months...The cost of the diploma is completely funded by EI and does not effect the salary of the graduate.

2. The diploma consists of continuous assessment, and both individual and group work. You will have approx 18 days in college, and submission dates over the course of study. You will also have course work while you work abroad and a mentor will check in on everyone via video conferencing according to the zones you are in.

Hope this helps and good luck everyone in the process :)

Thank you so so much for all this info!!! ðŸ˜႒ very very helpful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ottolo

Hi guys,

Has anyone got any updates on their application? Just wondering have the majority of people had interviews or not.

My own situation is that I have been offered a position in the Middle East that I'm currently considering. This however was the only interview I've had so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ddubs

ottolo what type of company offered you a position in the middle east, if you dont mind me asking?

Financial Services company.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I've had two interview. Got offered one job but turned it down. The company seemed to be very poorly organised and I had no confidence that they would last 18 months of the program.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the update gotabh. Do you think the majority of the interviews have yet to take place or have you any idea?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I dont know.

EI rang me yesterday to see if I had been offered anything and to see if I was still available for interview.

She was checking availability over the summer for additional interviews

Ah ok, best of luck with it anyway.

I emailed enterprise Ireland to ask have the majority of interviews now taken place.

"Thank you for your G4IG email. We apologise for the delay in replying.

Unfortunately it is not possible to communicate the exact numbers at this point, however, many companies have not yet made final hiring decisions and are still contacting candidates. Job offers will all be made by the 17th September 2012 .

We wish you the best of luck in the remainder of the matching phase."

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ULgrad11

ottolo wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Has anyone got any updates on their application? Just wondering have the majority of people had interviews or not.

My own situation is that I have been offered a position in the Middle East that I'm currently considering. This however was the only interview I've had so far.

Hi there,

I was in the exact same position last year. I got through to the final round of the programme but for a while there was no communication between Enterprise Ireland and myself so I started to get worried and took a teaching job in the UAE. However, when I left I got two interviews within a week of each other. I was very disappointed that I didnt just wait it out because it's an amazing internship. You won't get interviews until the end of August or the beginning or September so if this is really what you want to do I suggest you wait it out. I hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bhan133

Hi guys,

Hi

I've had interviews with 3 different companies. The first was at the start of June, they rang back at the end of June to say I wasn't being brought forward to the second interview (didn't expect to as they seemed quite technical and I have no technical background).

I was called to an interview with company no.2 not long after hearing back from the first company (last week in June). I did well in the first set of interviews, managed to get through to the second round of interviews a few weeks later and was then told at the end of the interview that I would need to wait two more weeks for the final round with the CEO of the company.

During the two weeks (mid-July) I was called for an interview with company no.3. They did two rounds of interviews in one week. I also went for the final interview with company no.2. In the end I was offered jobs at both companies (2 and 3) but thought I could learn more from company no.3 so took that position.

It seems the interviews are very much dependant on the company you have been matched with, so you could get another interview with a different company but is it worth losing the position you have been offered? Then again EI emailed saying positions will be offered until 17th September so there is still loads of time left.

Not sure if I've helped you at all, apologises if I haven't. I've been trying to find out the dates of the course in UCD as I will be based in the UK but the woman in charge of organising is away this week

I've accepted an offer from a company. Notified the companies that I was meant to be interviewing with over the next few weeks, hopefully they'll offer my interview spot to someone else.

Situation until now is that the whole thing has been going on for me since early June. Had a few interviews with one company, not a clue how I kept getting through as I had zero experience either in the industry or the role they were looking to fill. Made it to the final round with them (after around 4 interviews) but wasn't offered the role.

At the later end of that process (late June) I was invited to interview with another company. Again, that process went on for 4-6 weeks, with 4 rounds of interviews. The final round was last week, with the CEO. I was expecting, and prepared for, a grilling. It was completely the opposite. Very straightforward, was pretty much a chat with one or two very basic questions that I had already answered in every interview before that (Tell me about yourself, what role do you see yourself in long term). I was a bit disappointed with that, it seemed like the company had already made their decision and the CEO had flown over just to rubber stamp it.
    Luckily for me, if that was the case, they had previously decided in my favour as I was made an offer the next day despite being told it'd be a week or so.

As for the companies I've cancelled interviews with - they all only made contact in the past week so for those still waiting, it seems like the whole thing is kicking into gear.

Apologies for the essay, but hopefully some of the above will be of help to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PoppyPage

Hi guys,

Just a question to current G4IG people or those who have just accepted offers.

How do the guidelines on the EI website compare to what you were offered?

Maximum Eligible Company Salary Costs by Graduate Location

Zone Overseas Market Maximum salary spend (over 18 months) eligible for support with an employment grant

Zone 1 Singapore, Japan, Russia €60,000
    Zone 2 The Gulf, Australia €45,000
    Zone 3 Europe, UK, Americas, China €42,000
    Zone 4 Other €31,000

Obviously not looking for any specifics but wondering how the companies go about coming up with an offer and if any negotiation was possible on your side? As some candidates would be moving to the other side of the world I'm interested in how you realistically put forward your expected salary if asked. It would be handy to use the EI guide as a benchmark if it's what it generally given.

Thanks

PoppyPage wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just a question to current G4IG people or those who have just accepted offers.

How do the guidelines on the EI website compare to what you were offered?

Maximum Eligible Company Salary Costs by Graduate Location

Zone Overseas Market Maximum salary spend (over 18 months) eligible for support with an employment grant

Zone 1 Singapore, Japan, Russia €60,000
    Zone 2 The Gulf, Australia €45,000
    Zone 3 Europe, UK, Americas, China €42,000
    Zone 4 Other €31,000

Obviously not looking for any specifics but wondering how the companies go about coming up with an offer and if any negotiation was possible on your side? As some candidates would be moving to the other side of the world I'm interested in how you realistically put forward your expected salary if asked. It would be handy to use the EI guide as a benchmark if it's what it generally given.

Thanks

Mine was a small bit over the above amount allowable, but that's dependent on bonuses for meeting quarterly targets (which I don't know yet - could be easy, could be to make 20 sales on Mars!). Base salary is below the maximum allowed.

Anyone have any updates. Pretty much lost hope at this stage. I assume most if not all positions are filled by now??

Would be great to have a little more communication fom the programme!

• Advertisement

I got a call from them to confirm i was still available.

I got a job but until it is 100000% confirmed I wont be informing G4IG. Job isnt to do with them

I also got an email to say the interviews are ongoing and all the positions have not yet been filled.

Here's hopin!

Congrats on gettin the job anyway mate. Best of luck with it.

Strange that they are still requesting applications for this years programme on Facebook.

I got an interview with a second company this week so maybe there will be a rush on to get people hired now.

Best of luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PoppyPage

I think any current advertising for the Programme is for the stream that starts work in January 2013.

For the September stream the course starts in UCD on the 25th of September. I could be wrong but I think you had to be registered by last week.

You could always check with EI.

Edit: But I would say there might be last minute ones by what people said above. Just make sure you're not being recruited for a Jan. 2013 start, although I doubt it. Just seems strange that it's so last minute.

I started work with my company last week, going well. I know that we're still looking to take on one more person. Some interviews were held at the end of last week and think they're looking to schedule one or two more.
    According to EI, a few other companies are in this position and I think there's a strict hire deadline of September 17th - although it could be slightly earlier, not 100% on that. I just know that for one or two people, there's still opportunities in the next week.
    For anyone outside of that, it'll be for a January start.

any idea how the schedule in UCD will work. Is it one day a week or blocks of 3 days or what?

any idea how the schedule in UCD will work. Is it one day a week or blocks of 3 days or what?

Blocks of three days a month for the 6 months.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Dannyg90

just wondering if the people who got jobs from this have had previous experience or are most of the people that are hired recent graduates?

• Advertisement

I've had 2 offers Danny and I have 3 years experience working for the same company since finishing college. I've no idea what the normal profile for those who are hired though.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement