Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady Cutting My Hair Asked Me Where I Was From....

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Ghandee wrote: »
    firstly, you lot have scared the OP so much, he gone and closed the account lol!

How American

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Romer wrote: »
    I guess some folks are just sensitive. Hell, I've been in country since 97. I'm still "The Yank."

You won't take my field!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I think youre trying to make a problem out of this when there is absolutely no problem there. She just asked you a simple question, jeez...you are FROM the states and LIVING in Dublin,two different things.She asked you where you are from = USA. Voila!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Just tell them all, South County Dublin. Alot of them speak like yourself in those parts.:D

Conventionally, "where are you from" means where are you originally from, in other words, when your parent(s) took you home from the hospital, where did you live?

She really didn't mean any offence, it's a commonly understood phrase in many English-speaking countries. If you went on holidays to England, and they asked you "so where are you from?" the most reasonable answer would be that you're living in Dublin but you're originally from America.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

This thread is proof that there's always a reason for a moan, no matter how inane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Jeez how sensitive can you get? OP asks question, doesn't get answer he wanted so closes account. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

OP never mind that crap ,
    did you manage to get any of your elbow contact happening ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭SeaFields

The OP has closed his account? :confused:

He's really having a bad day today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Years ago I worked as a receptionist in an office in Dublin. I was just started there a short while and wasn't familiar with the staffs relationships.

It was standard to ask the name of the caller and where they were calling from, i.e. what company. So a call came in one day asking to speak to a member of staff, I asked the caller the above details, he gave me his first name, and his actual location - a phonebox in Rathmines!

Turned out he was the boyfriend of one of the staff. Total knobhead though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP has left the building so we'll stop here.
    However if someone wants to have a similar moan feel free to start a new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Jesus.

Something I said?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement