Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary I whinge thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 chantellenif

I really think although they are postgrads they should be kept seperate from the other taught postgrads!....
    Smic16 are you for real. Get off your high horse We are all here for the same reason, to get our degree.. in no way should people be segregated. You then said you werent tarring everyone with the same brush but here is shows you are... and you also said to be considerate of everyone else. there have been numourous times MA's have been in here and talking/shouting from one side of the room to the other.. so you should consider what you said, and be considerate to others....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

There are many new users here, so I'll be lenient for the time being. However, I would appreciate if you would attack the post, not the poster. That's the norm on boards.

You're bordering on a personal attack there chantellenif, and I'd rather you didn't repeat that.

sorry i jus got mad that we are being targeted just because we are the newbies.

sorry i jus got mad that we are being targeted just because we are the newbies.

Count to ten next time ;)

I can only imagine what the atmosphere in this 'reading' room is like :pac:

Come have a chat sure, we're all here together.... :D

• Advertisement

If ye're having such trouble deciding whether grad dips are postgrads, I'd doubt the presence of an undergrad taking up space would help matters!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cadeanfhadhb

There's undergrads in here anyway!! which isnt really allowed, but we Grad's are sound like that!

Does that mean any student will be allowed stay there, as long as they're quiet? But students who are meant to be there won't, if they make noise?

It sounds to me like that room has issues :confused:

And welcome, again, to a new poster!

it does have issues, the undergrads only came in for a few minutes to use computers.... gone now! but remember where the issues came from in the first place.. I dont want to be given a warning... so I wont MA i mean Meantion names!;)

I've heard of BA v B.Ed and B.Ed v B.Ed Psych 'ill feelings' before, but it seems we can add postgrad rivalry to that too.

I think you guys need some group therapy session or something - thrash your 'issues' out :P

• Advertisement

A lovely meditation class with the best lecturer ever - Trish Kieran, would sort us all out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

A lovely meditation class with the best lecturer ever - Trish Kieran, would sort us all out!!

Sounds nice! Could do with one of them myself.

Got myself into a false sense of security when I finished my exams on Saturday!
    Only to remember Ive too mahoosive assignments for Geography. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Smic16

Oh dnt worry personal attack away because im not the only one who thinks it....there is no need for any issues or tension between any postgrads we can all get along but please just agree with me and say that the noise in there is a serious annoyance. Apologies if I offended you!...tension resolved?....twill be nice and quiet for us anyway in June and July when were stuck in there writing our thesis!RANT OVER!

Oh I know it is really noisy in there sometimes. Like I get annoyed nearly everyday... but to say that the noise was from the new Grads that started in Feb was abit annoying because for me, the noise came from the majority of the final semester Grads, (4 people in particular!!). Theyr hyper because theyr finishing real soon and underpressure at the same time so shouting across t one another when they need something. It is also the only place we can go to do work so theres nothing that can be changed there. It's all quiet here now though and probably will be for the rest of the summer (becase the noisy final yr grads are gone home for good!!!) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Smic16

Again apologies if you think im getting bad with the new recruits but when the noise level increased in the past few months you can see why I drew that conclusion....regardless of who causes it MA's/Grad Dips/ Undergrads....lets just agree that it'll be kept to a minimum for the sake of the other MA's/Grad Dips who are trying to get stuff done. Were all under pressure and as has been pointed out it is the only space we have so we might as well be getting worth from it!...Conflict over!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Cailin CoisFarraige

SOCKETS!!!!!! GIVE ME SOCKETS!!!!!! I neeeeeed to plug in my laptop!!!!

You know it's bad when people have started bringing their own extension leads :p

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

You know it's bad when people have started bringing their own extension leads :p

The socket situation will be improved on in the coming months. More to follow when we have the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭alwayswright

Three days into infant teaching practice and i'm already wrecked.! Never knew how demaning infants could be :eek:
    Looking forward to a lie in at the weekend

Never knew how demaning infants could be
    Hmmm.. you could either mean demeaning, or demanding. In certain classes it could be both I suppose :p

I know the feeling!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭alwayswright

dambarude wrote: »
    Hmmm.. you could either mean demeaning, or demanding. In certain classes it could be both I suppose :p

I know the feeling!

Meant to say the former.! I'm really enjoying it though, infants can be very draining on the energy levels at times but its very rewarding overall :)

• Advertisement

I've something to whinge about: they've spelled 'Ollscoil Luimnigh' wrong on the new exam answer papers. The one I got today had 'Oillscoil' on it.

A pretty pedantic complaint I know :o. There have been much bigger exam cock-ups in the past, and even in the last week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

There have been much bigger exam cock-ups in the past, and even in the last week!

Oooh...what's been happening this week? Cock-up wise. :pac:

Incorrect papers were handed out in one exam, with questions that weren't meant to be on the exam. Exams are stressful enough without that sort of carry on!

they've spelled 'Ollscoil Luimnigh' wrong on the new exam answer papers. The one I got today had 'Oillscoil' on it.

Noticed that myself!

Having said that for my 5 years in Secondary School, my pre-JC and pre-LC booklets said 'Coláste Micíl'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭McSween

nothing major here, but thank christ i have no more french tutorials in that summerville house. it's like a dental surgery down there :D. the nerves before my oral exam matched those of the dentist and all :)

dambarude wrote:
    They've spelled 'Ollscoil Luimnigh' wrong on the new exam answer papers. The one I got today had 'Oillscoil' on it.

And it says TEAM rather than TEARM. :pac:

I must say that off campus placement is actually costing me a fortune.

9 months of unpaid placement, having to pay for lunches, clothes, transport/ travel is a joke. End up spending my part time job wages trying to cover my placement costs.
    Add to that the college fees for a year that you don't even go near the campus!

Wish it was a three year degree. :mad:

/rant

I must say that off campus placement is actually costing me a fortune.

9 months of unpaid placement, having to pay for lunches, clothes, transport/ travel is a joke. End up spending my part time job wages trying to cover my placement costs.
    Add to that the college fees for a year that you don't even go near the campus!

Wish it was a three year degree. :mad:

/rant

Agh, that sucks. Where are you on placement? Having to pay fees and not coming near the campus is a joke. I was debating going somewhere for media but placement office wasn't that helpful and I'm too old to be just doing the extra year and only making the tea so I decided to skip it. It does mean my FYP is one year closer though. :eek:

Agh, that sucks. Where are you on placement? Having to pay fees and not coming near the campus is a joke. I was debating going somewhere for media but placement office wasn't that helpful and I'm too old to be just doing the extra year and only making the tea so I decided to skip it. It does mean my FYP is one year closer though. :eek:

Wouldn't mind my FYP being closer actually! Very hard to motivate yourself when not in college too! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Icarus Wings

Wouldn't mind my FYP being closer actually!

You won't be saying that when you're buried under a mountain of literature Poxy! :P:D

**begins pitching tent outside library for morning opening**

Advertisement