Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplement shops in Cork area?

• 25-10-2008 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi,

I'm pretty new to the area, and was wondering if there are any decent supplement stores for buying protein etc in Cork.
    I prefer Reflex Instant Mass personally, but at the minute I'm happy just to find somewhere that sells decent protein at a reasonable price.

I did find a store online called nutrition connection which claims to have a store in Cork, but I have no idea where it is!

If anyone has any advice, please let me know :)

* At the minute buying online isn't really an option...long story, but our apartment seems hard to deliver to...but if there is a good Irish site, like one that is amazingly cheap, or does free delivery etc, please let me know anyways...I may be able to get it delivered to my work.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

There is a shop called Building a body, its on North Main Street, im unsure of the prices though as i order online from www.thesupplementfactory.com where i get 5lbs of protein for €38.50 delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Cabal

Thanks for the info Esse, just checked out the 5lb tubs of whey that you were talking about. Looks good. I normally by a 2.7Kg tub of reflex, but you actually don't get anywhere near the protein content / kilo as you do with the 5lb tub you suggested, so I may well be a convert :)

What do you think of the taste etc.? I don't care too much about mixability because I just blend everything!

Thanks again!

Taste is sweet but i like it. I've tried strawberry, chocolate and frappucino and i cant complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ajk24

there is a new shop just opened in the shopping centre (dunnes stores) also on north main street. haven't been in there yet but will stick my head in next week to check out prices. will report back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jimmy15

Hi guys,

I buy off a site www.FitnessSupplementsVitamins.ie. Good prices and free next day delivery. Worth a look :-)

Sorry for jumping in on someone elses thread but can anyone tell me the situation with Hydroxycut Hardcore...? Legal in Ireland or not...?? Also, if legal, is it any good...?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Do you get some sort of owner's discount? Because the ON whey is obscenely expensive on that site compared to irish-lifting. thought you might like to know.

Its all free delivery though. Ahhhhh, the hidden charges of most of the other sites aren't there. Ive been caught out with delovery rubbish so many times!!!! VEry annoying. Anyways.... :-(

Irish lifting charge you 7lids for delivery making FitnessSupplementsVitamins the same or cheaper ;-) Even better value if you buy a few off them. Me and my friends got 3 10lb bags together for 267 euro!! Thats 89lids per bag with delivery included. You get 5% off for buying any 2 products, 10% for 3, and 15% for 5 or more (and they dont have to be the same product).

Seriously I love these guys. ANyways gotta go. Chat soon guys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

jimmy15 wrote: »
    Its all free delivery though. Ahhhhh, the hidden charges of most of the other sites aren't there. Ive been caught out with delovery rubbish so many times!!!! VEry annoying. Anyways.... :-(

Free delivery means jack sh!t if the product itself is over priced.

I love the way you complain about "hidden charges" when it's blatantly obvious that the only reason they have "free" delivery is because the price of it is costed into each product.

Hanley wrote: »
    Free delivery means jack sh!t if the product itself is over priced.

I love the way you complain about "hidden charges" when it's blatantly obvious that the only reason they have "free" delivery is because the price of it is costed into each product.

Did you not read my post...??!!! Look at the prices. Very cheap!!

I do take your point, mine simply was that I like to know the full price straight away. It annoys me immensly (cant spell that word but you get the jist) when I think I am getting a great deal only to be hit with a delivery charge at the end.

Of course these guys have covered themselves (duh!!!) but what I like is that I know the price up front.

When you factor in irish-liftings delivery, the prices on fitnesssupplementsvitains are actually the same or better and they are WAYYYYY cheaper when you buy a few.

If ur into supps and ur mates are, then buy a few off these lads nd u save loads. If ur like me nd seriously cash strapped these days its all about the lids :-)

If you are that cash strapped then you should be buying from the supplement factory or bulk powders from the uk. :confused:
    There's no way you can consider that sites prices cheap, that's just the long and the short of it. Further, advertising free delivery means feck all if its factored into every delivery anyways. At least if I buy over 100 quid of supplements I get free (really free) delivery from irish-lifting, if you do that from your site you pay the delivery implicitly in every supp.
    I dunno if you have a connection to the site or the people that own it, but if you can't see you are getting ripped off then you must.

• Advertisement

If you are that cash strapped then you should be buying from the supplement factory or bulk powders from the uk. :confused:
    There's no way you can consider that sites prices cheap, that's just the long and the short of it. Further, advertising free delivery means feck all if its factored into every delivery anyways. At least if I buy over 100 quid of supplements I get free (really free) delivery from irish-lifting, if you do that from your site you pay the delivery implicitly in every supp.
    I dunno if you have a connection to the site or the people that own it, but if you can't see you are getting ripped off then you must.

Just a fellow supplement and training enthusiast my friend. I have bought off most of the companies in Ieland and this is my experience. Also, I dont like supplement factory and buying from UK takes too long and depending on the time of the markets can save little enough when you factor in currency exchange.

Is good to get discussion going on these things though dont you think...???

You are completely wrong with your perception of value though. See my examples below (apologies to the owners of these companies by the way. I admire what you are doing and dont dont mean to single you guys out, its just the way this has gone):

1 x ON 10lb Bag
    Fitness Supplements Vitamins = 98.99
    Irish Lifting 99.99 + delivery 7 = 106.99

2 x ON 10lb Bag
    Fitness Supplements Vitamins = 98.99 + 98.99 = 197.98 - 5% discount (2 products) = 188.08
    Irish Lifting 99.99 + 99.99 = 199.98

3 x ON 10lb Bag
    Fitness Supplements Vitamins = 98.99 + 98.99 + 98.99= 296.97 - 10% discount (3 products) = 267.27
    Irish Lifting 99.99 + 99.99 + 99.99= 299.97

Do I need to continue :confused: Its hardly aadvanced maths we are talking about here...

You said it was all about the lids. But if you buy 10lbs of whey from the supp factory its 60 quid plus whatever delivery (not a lot)-how does that compare to your wonderful website with inbuilt delivery? And you are throwing away about 30 quid every order because you don't like sf??? :confused: Its hardly advanced maths...

You said it was all about the lids. But if you buy 10lbs of whey from the supp factory its 60 quid plus whatever delivery (not a lot)-how does that compare to your wonderful website with inbuilt delivery? And you are throwing away about 30 quid every order because you don't like sf??? :confused: Its hardly advanced maths...

Gosh you are very bitter about all of this..??? I am interested in quality and value. I dont like supplement factory stuff. Dont like the taste etc... I have tried the cheapie route before but when you are taking something a few times a day it gotta be good quality and taste great.

I love ON Whey Protein. I think its fantastic, hence the price comparison there. Interesting to compare though. If you like supp factory stuff then fair enough go for it. If you like ON etc... then go for FitnessSupplementsVitamins. Quite simple.

Really enjoyed blowing your price comparison for ON products out of the water though :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

jimmy15, please note that signing up to boards.ie purely to advertise a site is not permitted and your posts reek of shilling. If you have a personal vested interest in FitnessSupplementsVitamins.com I would appreciate it if you could be a little more transparent as opposed to signing up to two different accounts (please note that Moderators can see the posts you delete) in order to pimp the site.

In other news, price aside, ON whey tastes moderately worse than baby vomit. I'll spend my money on supps that don't give me a gag reflex, ta.

g'em
    -Fitness Moderator

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

...If you like supp factory stuff then fair enough go for it. If you like ON etc... then go for FitnessSupplementsVitamins. Quite simple....

Or somewhere like pronutrition.ie where a 10lb container of ON whey is 99.99 with free delivery also.

Gosh you are very bitter about all of this..??? I am interested in quality and value. I dont like supplement factory stuff. Dont like the taste etc... I have tried the cheapie route before but when you are taking something a few times a day it gotta be good quality and taste great.

I love ON Whey Protein. I think its fantastic, hence the price comparison there. Interesting to compare though. If you like supp factory stuff then fair enough go for it.
    I can only assume you are training for the olympics, because anything else would not justify paying over the odds for a product that does exactly the same as a cheaper one. Taste difference between strawberry ON and sf is basically nil, quality difference, nil, price-about thirty quid.
    Really enjoyed blowing your price comparison for ON products out of the water though :o
    No need to be such an asshat. :rolleyes:

I can only assume you are training for the olympics, because anything else would not justify paying over the odds for a product that does exactly the same as a cheaper one. Taste difference between strawberry ON and sf is basically nil, quality difference, nil, price-about thirty quid.

You're wrong man. That .5g difference in protein per serving is where it's all won and lost. Not in the other 7 or 8 meals during the day. Certainly not in the gym. Pushing to the point of blowing out your eyes will do nothing for your strength or muscle size if you're not nailing that extra .5g of protein 3x a day.

I thought you'd have known better by now.

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

And there's no need for name-calling either brainthebard, less of that please.

g'em wrote: »
    jimmy15, please note that signing up to boards.ie purely to advertise a site is not permitted and your posts reek of shilling. If you have a personal vested interest in FitnessSupplementsVitamins.com I would appreciate it if you could be a little more transparent as opposed to signing up to two different accounts (please note that Moderators can see the posts you delete) in order to pimp the site.

In other news, price aside, ON whey tastes moderately worse than baby vomit. I'll spend my money on supps that don't give me a gag reflex, ta.

g'em
    -Fitness Moderator

And you are entitled to your opinion Gem. If you dont like ON then obviously I wouldn't buy it. Exactly my argument re: supplement factory, if it makes you feel queazy then why take it. Obviously if you like their stuff the go for it.

FYI, I have no interest in anything other than cheap and quality. I buy off loads of sites and have used Irish Lifting for ages. I am simply letting people know what is out there. Have bought of FitnessIreland, Monster (UK) etc... too. I take loads off supps so want to save money where possible.

The whole point of a discussion board is to provide a place for like minded people to discuss/debate topics that are of interest to them so i dont see why comparing prices is 'shilling'. Its obviously of interest to people here as its getting lots of attention..???

So what if I have 2 accounts...?? I sure I have more from random e-mails that I may have had in the past. Havent been on in ages and ages, and am getting really into fitness so decided to start afresh. Is this not ok...???

g'em wrote: »
    And there's no need for name-calling either brainthebard, less of that please.

Sorry.

• Advertisement

Jimmy15

3 x ON 10lb Bag
    Fitness Supplements Vitamins = 98.99 + 98.99 + 98.99= 296.97 - 10% discount (3 products) = 267.27
    http://monstersupplements.com/store/p/445/1/Optimum-Nutrition-100-WHEY-PROTEIN-10lb-+-FREE-SHAKER.html 76.99 + 76.99 + 76.99 + 14.88 delivery=245.85

If you like optimum so much and you like buying in bulk, then why not buy from here:p

Malteaser! wrote: »
    Or somewhere like pronutrition.ie where a 10lb container of ON whey is 99.99 with free delivery also.

Yup I like these guys too :-)
    And their owner seems to leave good posts here which would make me like them even more.

Esse85 wrote: »
    Jimmy15

3 x ON 10lb Bag
    http://monstersupplements.com/store/p/445/1/Optimum-Nutrition-100-WHEY-PROTEIN-10lb-+-FREE-SHAKER.html 76.99 + 76.99 + 76.99 + 14.88 delivery=245.85

If you like optimum so much and you like buying in bulk, then why not buy from here:p

Dont like the delivery waiting time and I actually really respect anyone who does theior own thing business wise so like to buy from Irish companies. I have bought off monster though. They are excellent.

Dont like the delivery waiting time and I actually really respect anyone who does theior own thing business wise so like to buy from Irish companies. I have bought off monster though. They are excellent.

But if you were to look at your supplies and notice you were running low 2 weeks before you expected to run out then you could order then and save yourself 20 quid??

I dunno how often you replenish your stocks, but there's the potential to save quite a bit of cash over the year. Maybe even get a "free" order in as a result?

Hanley wrote: »
    But if you were to look at your supplies and notice you were running low 2 weeks before you expected to run out then you could order then and save yourself 20 quid??

I dunno how often you replenish your stocks, but there's the potential to save quite a bit of cash over the year. Maybe even get a "free" order in as a result?

I know mate. Monster are very good. I mean you could take it a step further and buy from the states on Bodybuilding.com. Extremely Cheap!! I like to buy from the Irish lads though, maybe thats just me. But, when I say Irish lads I mean cheapest for the products that 'I like'.

This is your quote a couple of posts up. FYI, I have no interest in anything other than cheap and quality

Then you say you like to buy off Irish companies, even though they have proved to be dearer in some cases.

I suggested a site thats €20 cheaper than what your advertising yet you find more excuses, the term hypocrite springs to mind.

Esse85 wrote: »
    This is your quote a couple of posts up. FYI, I have no interest in anything other than cheap and quality

Then you say you like to buy off Irish companies, even though they have proved to be dearer in some cases.

I suggested a site thats €20 cheaper than what your advertising yet you find more excuses, the term hypocrite springs to mind.

Well cheap, quality, and Irish then if that clears it up for you. If you dont wanto support Irish business then so be it.

From looking around, a lot of the Irish owners seem to be providing great advice on this forum yet you would still buy elsewhere. Basically leech and then give your money to someone else is your game. Lovely :(

Anyways, off to see the end of the Marathon. Enjoyed the banter I must say. Its what this is all about after all, ideas sharing etc...

I think this thread has probably served its purpose.

Ciao for now mes amigos ;-)

Well cheap, quality, and Irish then if that clears it up for you. If you dont wanto support Irish business then so be it.

From looking around, a lot of the Irish owners seem to be providing great advice on this forum yet you would still buy elsewhere. Basically leech and then give your money to someone else is your game. Lovely :(
    Id rather buy from Irish companies if possible. For years i ve bought from English sites, simply because im a student and i cant afford to be paying extra from an Irish company when across the water its cheaper.

At the moment i get my whey from SF because they seem to be the cheapest around and im satisfied with the quality of the product.
    If i can get the same or better quality for cheaper then ill jump ship no problem.

I dont leach from anyone, i offer advice more than i look for it and im not part of any company. Would these "Irish owners" still be offering as much advice if they weren't trying to shift their products, the majority wouldnt i feel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Cabal

Cheers for all the advice.
    My original post was literally just to try and find the best protein I could for the best price.
    I've been out of the game for a long time now due to a pinched nerve followed by a bout of extreme laziness, so I'm not sure what's available at the minute, but I'll check out all the sites mentioned and see which suits me best (regular whey makes me feel sick as... but isolate or isolate blends seem fine!).

Thanks again :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement