Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

So Where Will You Be? [survivor Map]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 donnell90

at my farm its like a fortress as it is and we have heavy machinery

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭blacklionboy

I like the idea of going to one of the islands.

Otherwise ucd would be a good option. the place was designed to prevent large gathering(riots). plenty of resources in the area and escape routes!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 CabbageThing

I like the idea of going to one of the islands.

Otherwise ucd would be a good option. the place was designed to prevent large gathering(riots). plenty of resources in the area and escape routes!

Is'nt UCD already infested with Zombies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

1. I'll be heading for malahide/howth marina.

2. Nick a decent looking boat, load the extra fuel i brought.

3. Head for holyhead.

4. Commander a car and head to newcastle, where i'll repeat step 2

5. Head for Stavanger.

6. Drive north to the frozen wastelands with my large supply of tinned fish.

I'm guessing the undead army will eventually turn on, and eat each other once the supply of fresh humans, dogs, horses, cattle and the like run out.. Can't see them having the foresight to cross miles and miles of nothingness that is the north of Scandinavia just to get to little old me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

peatcass wrote: »
    1. I'll be heading for malahide/howth marina.

2. Nick a decent looking boat, load the extra fuel i brought.

5. Head for Stavanger.

6. Drive north to the frozen wastelands with my large supply of tinned fish.

I'm guessing the undead army will eventually turn on, and eat each other once the supply of fresh humans, dogs, horses, cattle and the like run out.. Can't see them having the foresight to cross miles and miles of nothingness that is the north of Scandinavia just to get to little old me.

fyp :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Dubzombiewalk

This is just great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

nice to see the organisers of dublin zombie walk have finally found us here :P
    enjoy your stay ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dubzombiewalk

We've been here all along... (queue scary, athmospheric music)

May have to create a page on the Dublin Zombie Walk website in honour of it!

We've been here all along... (queue scary, athmospheric music)

May have to create a page on the Dublin Zombie Walk website in honour of it!

eeee walkers stalkers

• Registered Users Posts: 30 0utcast

Storm chasers vehicle on Mythbusters on Discovery HD now seems nearly perfect...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭TheoBoone

An army barracks perhaps, followed swiftly by a supermarket would perhaps be a good starting point.

TheoBoone wrote: »
    An army barracks perhaps, followed swiftly by a supermarket would perhaps be a good starting point.
    til everyone has the same plan :P

have you not seen dawn of the dead/day of the dead or 28 days later supermarkets and army places bad juju :D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭TheoBoone

Well my alternatives are to stay where I am. I doubt that downtown Cork would be a good place to be.

hole up in your place for 2 weeks to let the dust settle, then make a break for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 allin1

I don't need a building to stay in, a map, or even in a vehicle. I'll just stay in a military base where all rations, weapons and supply are available to shoot the zombie brainz out. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 30 0utcast

allin1 wrote: »
    I don't need a building to stay in, a map, or even in a vehicle. I'll just stay in a military base where all rations, weapons and supply are available to shoot the zombie brainz out. :cool:

So you will be staying in a building...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

I wonder if it would possible to close off the whole of the island of Ireland before the international outbreak arrives here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I wonder if it would possible to close off the whole of the island of Ireland before the international outbreak arrives here?

Possibly, if the english army retreated from the uk to assist (and remained uninfected).
    Considering the z's could conceivably wash up "alive" on any beach, every inch of the islands coast would need to be guarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ocnoc

phill106 wrote: »
    Possibly, if the english army retreated from the uk to assist (and remained uninfected).
    Considering the z's could conceivably wash up "alive" on any beach, every inch of the islands coast would need to be guarded.

Thats a lot of guards needed...

• Advertisement

or a lot of wall :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    or a lot of wall :P

grand job for the out of work builders!

grand job for the out of work builders!
    if the chinese people could build a wall hundreds (thousands?) of miles long and... well I think it's fairly high as well! I think we can make one too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    if the chinese people could build a wall hundreds (thousands?) of miles long and... well I think it's fairly high as well! I think we can make one too :P

one chinese emperor demands a wall built. it gets built.

one irish councillor wants a wall built, its plannign permission, meetings with thre residents, quotations, plans, revised quotations, revised planning permission, quantity surveyors, architects, local council's architects, engineers, contractors... and so on.

the chinese had it easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

I think Nutgrove Enterprise park should be added. The area is fenced off and the small shops in there are sealed off by heavy metal doors.
    If you go out to the back of one of the shops you could slip in to the shopping centre for supplies ie. Food, Water, candles and items for makeshift weapons. there's also a place in there where you could supply yourself with tools to fix any cars you may have.

Also there's huge phone tower there (with a ladder) which could be a great vantage point for anybody armed or if you just want to scope out the area.

e5wb1xknGGCWjhfVRNDw5G7rdbq9r3PZOA6UXKn5WLNtPXBpZSZlPTQwMHgzMDA=.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

Spike Island. Small enough to be easily defendible, large enough to support a community of twenty or so through farming. the ex-fort/prison would provide more than adequate protection (possibly left over cannons?), close enough to the city to make forays and (most importantly) it's surrounded by two other army forts and sheer cliffs on one side. Disadvantages: No guns, possibly in bad condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hahaha21

in the curragh i dont think they shoot on site. the military police arrest u if tresspassing but they would have bigger things on there mind aka z-day. BTW i live near there

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Fazza

Location for me is easy a rather small Island not far from me. The problem I would have would be how many people, direct family is a must. Including my step-father and grandparents that's 7 people. We could take my grandads boat out and anchor it from shore, wouldn't use it much due to lack of fuel and the like maybe just early stages for trips for supplies. We'd also go around and get all the lobster pots dotted around and place them closer to the island so we could row out to them (would use them more for crabs, **** loads of them) as well as setting nets for fish. If we could get seeds we could have a farm, not particullaly fertile land + sea air but sure it'd have to do. Would hopefully be able to get some seeds probably mostly potatoes for carbs. Also tomatoes for vitamin c would be important. And others of course not sure which would be most suitable(must do some research)

Pros of location
    Lots of food in the sea.
    Near mainland so can scavenge if needed(but we would have a lot of warning due to being so rural.)
    Old buildings on island could be used(would need repairs but we have the tools and know-how)
    Near enough populated islands so could trade with them if the infection didn't spread there. They'd probably avoid infection but it would only take one infected to flee there, become a zed and doom the island so why take that chance?

Cons
    Crappy land

Additional candidates
    Grandads siblings and their children
    Pros
    Most have experience with fishing and/or building.
    They would have lots of tools and materials lying around.
    Plenty of guns and experience with them.

Cons
    Adds at least 20-25 people to the numbers that's quite a bit, maybe too much. There are other islands close by though so could inhabit these as well.
    Opens flood gates for others where does it stop?

Step-Fathers Family
    Pros
    Stepfathers mother has hens and a rooster so plenty of eggs to go around.
    His brother has sheep so that would be an option for access to clothing and food if we had enough land.
    A few of his nieces are around my age and are lookers and "repopulating" with them wouldn't result in derpy children(likely side Con: If my cousins were there as well they'd probably score them, resulting in me being 2416506-1305415965-ForeverAlone.jpg

Cons
    Once again numbers maybe 20 more again, a good few are kids.
    None of his brothers' wives' families would be allowed, try explaining that to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 fatal1ty

If anybody's looking for me, I'll be in Southill :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭deblacker

I'll take the boat to Lambay lol, beat that.There's a castle with swords n stuff and lots of food.

Advertisement