Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Jofspring

May have been, I don't know know who Jofspring was talking about. But I know that Mark Dempsey was added to the staff after the last home game

Ya it must have been Mark Dempsey cause one of the lads knows Dave Dineen and said he wasn't there last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

All football talk is banned in my house for a week after Friday :) so in the meantime....

The Limerick FC Official Supporters Club are running a table quiz in O'Connell's Bar (Old Quarter) on Thursday May 10th. 8pm start. Great prizes and raffle on the night. All are welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,514 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Limerick drawn away to Shamrock Rovers in the FAI cup.

Great draw for limerick. We should bring a decent crowd up and hopefully the fact we have some big name players and we are a team they haven't played in a while means they will get a decent support out. €€€€€€

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone willing to swap Scully for Kean??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 jakelamotta

osarusan wrote: »
    Limerick drawn away to Shamrock Rovers in the FAI cup.

Great tie for us, lets see a big step up for this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Le Super Blues are playing a Liverpool 11...

Apparently some of the following players will be on show
    -Raheem Sterling
    -Nathan Eccleston
    -Andre Wilson
    -Brad Jones
    -Michael Ngoo
    -Suso

Team will be managed by one of the Academy heads, think the former head of the Barcelona Academy. The one that Rafa brought in...

Glamour European tie for the Pool at last this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 VanV

The Limerick FC Official Supporters Club are running a table quiz in O'Connell's Bar (Old Quarter) on Thursday May 10th. 8pm start.

Limerick FC OSC
    Venue: O'Connells Bar, Little Ellen St
    Date: Thursday May 10th
    Time: 8pm
    Quiz: General Knowledge and Sport
    Price: €10 per person. Teams of four €40

There will be great prizes and raffles on the night. Drinks promotion with pints at €3 and complimentary finger food. All are welcome, should be good craic!

Limerick 2 - 0 Mervue
    Behan
    Collins

We played well and really deserved the win, our first half display was pretty lacklustre and we didn't test their keeper. But in the second half we were much better putting together some nice passes and holding possession well.

Young lad Collins did well when he came on, and his goal was a nice composed finish, after the Mervue keeper made a balls of trying to collect the ball. Behan played well again tonight, worked hard and got support from wide.

All in all, a great result, and we played football...Roll on Galway next week:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Le Super Blues are playing a Liverpool 11...

Apparently some of the following players will be on show
    -Raheem Sterling
    -Nathan Eccleston
    -Andre Wilson
    -Brad Jones
    -Michael Ngoo
    -Suso

Team will be managed by one of the Academy heads, think the former head of the Barcelona Academy. The one that Rafa brought in...
    when is this on

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Our Brian

Monday 14th May 7.45.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Has the kick off today changed to 3pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Oops, just checked website.... Kick off is 3.

First silverware of season up for grabs

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Sounds like Limerick won, well done.
    1-0 late goal from O'Leary.

Limerick FC 1-0 Cork City FC

Limerick FC Munster Senior Champions 2012

Parade and civic reception must be demanded! :)

In the meantime.....Limerick FC Official Supporters Club bus to SD Galway. (Terryland Park) Friday May 11th. Leaving Arthurs Quay Park at 4.30pm sharp. Adult E15. Child with parent E8. Members only - Membership available on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Our Brian

Great result, hope it gives the players a taste of what its like to be winning cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

whey hey cup for limerick maybe sign of title this year for us ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

why is the airtricity league website so outdated with updates its very bad!

• Advertisement

Ya it's fairly poor and when it is updated its usually just premier related.

Extratime.ie is a far better LOI service.

Best place for updated information on the Airtricity League would be Extratime.ie

If your looking for information on the Munster Senior Cup, well I don't really know. Not one bookmaker was offering odds on yesterday's game, so I think that will tell you all you need to know about the cup:)

I was at the game myself and to be honest there was probably as many Cork fans as there was Limerick. We played well in parts, but we named a full strength team against a Cork team made up of their U19's squad.

We lined out:
    Dave Ryan
    Shaun Kelly, Shane Tracey, Pat Purcell, Shane Guthrie
    Joe Gamble, Steven McGann, Dave O'Leary
    Rory Gaffney, Denis Behan, Derek O'Brien

Dave played well in goal making a few good saves.
    Purcell was very poor, gifting Cork 2 great chances.
    Guthrie was turned at one stage very easily and it nearly lead to a Cork goal.
    McGann looked lost for large parts of the game, like he didn't know where he was supposed to be.
    Gamble had a great game, was really up for it making great good tackles and of course picking up his customary yellow card.
    O'Leary was outstanding, making great runs down the wing, linking with players and breaking up the play, and of course getting the winning goal, my man of the match.
    O'Brien was lazy, lazy & lazy. Started the game well, but again some of his crosses were abysmal. Was replaced by young Cian Collins who looked good, and had a couple of chances but its hard to score when there is 6 players between you and the line...and your 6 yards out:D
    Gaffney played well, set up the goal, turned their full back inside out and delivered a great ball. The fullback had to be helped off the pitch, he went over his ankle trying to stay with Gaffney.
    Behan played well and he looked better once Collins came on...

All in all, we won, but we should not get carried away. We should have won by a far greater margin when you consider the Cork side. But at times we struggled to create enough...

Next up now, Galway on friday, and game that we should win and win by a few goals...

C'mon le Super Blues

• Registered Users Posts: 16,514 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

SD Galway 2 - 5 Limerick

(Bradley, McGrath, Behan, McGrath again, Purcell).

We went one down, then went 2-1 up before Galway levelled. By the sounds of it we didn't get out of first gear until nearly an hour in, then scored three.

Longford won as well though, so we're still 4 points behind them in the table.

osarusan wrote: »
    SD Galway 2 - 5 Limerick

(Bradley, McGrath, Behan, McGrath again, Purcell).

We went one down, then went 2-1 up before Galway levelled. By the sounds of it we didn't get out of first gear until nearly an hour in, then scored three.

Longford won as well though, so we're still 4 points behind them in the table.

Just back form the game, we were awful against a team of players who wouldn't be good enough to wash the boots of Limerick Premier Teams...If we play the same way against Athlone on Friday we'll be beaten.

Our first goal was a long range shot to nothing, that their keeper throw into the back of his net. Our defending at times was shocking, for Galway's 2 goal, their player had a free header in the box, not a single defender near him:mad:

McGrath played very well now in fairness, scored twice and got an assist of Behan's goal. Collins came on and looked lively, now he wasn't great tonight but he ran around and tried things.

Derek O'Brien went off injured, and to be honest I hope his out for the rest of the season, because he was unless again tonight.

So we scored 5 goals, but we still can't defend and we still revert to the long ball approach far too fast for my liking.

I think we should look at Gamble at centre half, he'd be better that either of the others and we'd be able to keep O'Leary in the team.

All Official Supporters Club members can avail of the bar and marquee at tonights game v Liverpool. Please pick up your wristband at the OSC desk to allow you entry. Ta! :)

Limerick 1-0 Liverpool XI

Limerick have just taken the lead, Gary Sheenan...

Not at the game myself tonight :(

Limerick 1-1 Liverpool

Nathan Eccleston

Approx 2,500. Good event and run well. Depressing to see so many people cheering against their home team though. I'd say you'd be lucky if 300 were supporting Limerick tonight and the rest Limerick Liverpool fans.

Liverpool were poor to be honest. Two players stood out as real quality, Coady the captain and Eccelston up front. The rest were very average and I've seen better in the LOI. Limericks youngsters were cutting through their defense easily enough when in the final third. Good display from Limerick and could have had a couple of more goals. The game could easily have finished 3 or 4 all. Nice to see a few younger Limerick players getting runs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I was at the game and even though it was not the best match in the world I would say fair play to the Liverpool lads who stayed on the pitch after the final whistle to sign autographs and take pictures, they were there for at least 30mins and I know my young lad really appreciated it

• Advertisement

campo wrote: »
    I was at the game and even though it was not the best match in the world I would say fair play to the Liverpool lads who stayed on the pitch after the final whistle to sign autographs and take pictures, they were there for at least 30mins and I know my young lad really appreciated it

Read a good point on foot.ie about all the kids getting autographs from the pool players(most of wish will end up in lower league football in England), while two former Irish international's were on the grass bank:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement