Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Zonda999

zhayat wrote: »
    No but I just got this message on my phone now when trying to open an sms notification.The message will not go away can you help with this?What was your fix...
    Not so sure what to do in that case, my issue was different..

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭dedaw

Guys,

"Unable to scan Networks" appears when I try to go onto wi-fi. This has only appeared since the weekend, never had any problem before.

Any suggestions???
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

dedaw wrote: »
    Guys,

"Unable to scan Networks" appears when I try to go onto wi-fi. This has only appeared since the weekend, never had any problem before.

Any suggestions???
    Thanks.

A little more info, does it scan alright?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 zhayat

Yes I use the stock sms and I have deleted the message but the notification is still there at the top of screen drag down bar.Also the count on the messaging icon at the bottom of the screen shows 1 message?

zhayat wrote: »
    Yes I use the stock sms and I have deleted the message but the notification is still there at the top of screen drag down bar.Also the count on the messaging icon at the bottom of the screen shows 1 message?

I do know that with the stock SMS you have to go right into the message in order for the notifications to go, you sure there are`nt any other SMS there that have`nt been looked at?

• Advertisement

lewis wrote: »
    A little more info, does it scan alright?

It appears to be attempting to scan for a couple of seconds but then the message "unable to scan networks" appears. Even when there is a wifi network available.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭Raoul

Lewis, I am back on insanity after a rocky time on darkys. Phone went to poo after a while.

However, I am having trouble downloading apps. Loads of apps say that they aren't compatible with the phone. Should I downgrade my market? Or any other ideas? I'm not even using the most up to date market.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Raoul wrote: »
    Lewis, I am back on insanity after a rocky time on darkys. Phone went to poo after a while.

However, I am having trouble downloading apps. Loads of apps say that they aren't compatible with the phone. Should I downgrade my market? Or any other ideas? I'm not even using the most up to date market.

Some of the newer markets have this problem. Are you on version 3.x.x ?
    Get version 2.3.6 Works like a charm also freeze or rename market updater to remain on this version.

It appears to be attempting to scan for a couple of seconds but then the message "unable to scan networks" appears. Even when there is a wifi network available.

Can you connect to the networks it see`s?

Yeah, the new market is crap, this is what I use, this way you get the best of both worlds.

Yeah, the new market is crap, this is what I use, this way you get the best of both worlds.

Changed from the last time I tried it, used to need market enabler aswell.
    Might have to try this again.

• Advertisement

Ste- wrote: »
    Changed from the last time I tried it, used to need market enabler aswell.
    Might have to try this again.

I only use market enabler for apps I can`t get here.

That app is good, I don`t remember freezing the market updater in Titanium, once I use this, I might have, can`t remember.

Can you connect to the networks it see`s?

I can access internet via edge but it won't see any wifi conditions

I only use market enabler for apps I can`t get here.

That app is good, I don`t remember freezing the market updater in Titanium, once I use this, I might have, can`t remember.

The old market is working perfectly for me, might not bother installing that app. Forgot how good insanity was. Darkys was a load of turd now that I think back :)

EDIT - Can someone try this app please:http://blog.myccstudio.com/wp/?p=40 it was in the same post as that market app.

I can access internet via edge but it won't see any wifi conditions

There's an app in the market called wifinder, try that it should get you connected.

There's an app in the market called wifinder, try that it should get you connected.

I am having trouble with insanity 51. My phone keeps randomly turning off in the middle of the night. :confused:

Any ideas?

I am having trouble with insanity 51. My phone keeps randomly turning off in the middle of the night. :confused:

Any ideas?

Stock kernel, oc & uv ?
    These are usually most likey the culprit.

Stock kernel, oc & uv ?
    These are usually most likey the culprit.

I was on darkys, flashed insanity 51 and didn't change the kernel or oc uv.

The kernel is: 2.6.35.12-gdf10700 pawitp@pawitpmbp #1.

Whatever all that is.

Whatever all that is.

Yeah that's the stock kernel.
    Did you restore any system apps or anything like that ?

Yeah that's the stock kernel.
    Did you restore any system apps or anything like that ?

Totally clean install. Restored factory settings before flashing. only apps i have on it from nitrality are theme chooser, music, android & insane theme, calendar and provider, file manager, fm radio, google backup, sync, partner set up, plusand feedback, media uploader, music, net location, one time intialiser, setup wizard, and google talk.

Its really puzzling me

Try flash again ?
    Can't think of anything else atm that would cause SOD on a fresh install.

• Advertisement

Try flash again ?
    Can't think of anything else atm that would cause SOD on a fresh install.

Going to reflash and hopefully it will work. My nitrality doesn't seem to like flashing things and when I try to flash something through it, it makes me close the app.

Going to reflash and hopefully it will work. My nitrality doesn't seem to like flashing things and when I try to flash something through it, it makes me close the app.

Just boot straight to recovery and do it manually.
    You can see any errors then.

Just boot straight to recovery and do it manually.
    You can see any errors then.

All done, hopefully thats that. Thanks for the advice.

Whatever all that is.

Did you factory reset/wipe caches before moving to Insanity?
    Also did you disable any lagfix?

With CM you do have to flash twice, its just how it is, I did when I first moved.

One other point, I think lewis had this problem with a radio he was using maybe try a different one.

Did you factory reset/wipe caches before moving to Insanity?
    Also did you disable any lagfix?

With CM you do have to flash twice, its just how it is, I did when I first moved.

Had everything done correctly this time. Too many times I skipped parts.

I have flashed it twice now and it was fine last night.

As per the radio, I had 1 radio the first time it happened, then I changed the radio and it still happened.

Had everything done correctly this time. Too many times I skipped parts.

I have flashed it twice now and it was fine last night.

As per the radio, I had 1 radio the first time it happened, then I changed the radio and it still happened.

Well there's loads out there, what are you using now?

Well there's loads out there, what are you using now?

JPE at the moment, finding it pretty good. So hopefully flashing insanity again yesterday worked and that I get to keep this radio.

JPE at the moment, finding it pretty good. So hopefully flashing insanity again yesterday worked and that I get to keep this radio.

Cool, well I've about 2 or 3 left and then I'll post up my results for them, more bad than good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Am off to try JPE so.

Been on JVR which id pretty hit and miss tbh, when its good, its good, but when its bad its brutal lol!

Advertisement