Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mexican restaurant in Limerick?

• 17-02-2006 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just wondering does anyone know if there is a mexican in Limerick, and if there is more than one, where the best is.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

there is one opening soon next to la romana on o connell street. i think its called the mexican (original) looking forward to trying it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

That is so strange... I just heard about it a few minutes ago as well.
    Looks like I posted too early. Thanks for the info... anyone know about an opening date?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,059 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Texas Steakhouse restaurant on O'Connell Street do a limited range of Tex Mex style food but I haven't tried it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

Spur Steakhouse in the Crescent SC do Mexican stuff, enchiladas and the like. Good food.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Is there a country not represented by a restaurant in Limerick? :D

I vaguely remember someone asking for greek food and getting a reply within an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

No Dutch restaurant, oh how I love Dutch food hmmm.

Is there a country not represented by a restaurant in Limerick? :D

I vaguely remember someone asking for greek food and getting a reply within an hour.

No Mongolian restaurant in the city. Ate at one in Templebar in Dublin last year, excellent food and it is cooked there in front of you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

bazz26 wrote:
    The Texas Steakhouse restaurant on O'Connell Street do a limited range of Tex Mex style food but I haven't tried it myself.

Lovely grub. you go downstairs to a basement area, it is really cool. really enjoyed it. Well worth a visit

Thanks for replies all..

No Lebanese restaurant here either.. now that has got to be my fav food ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭sioda

Limerick needs a Vietnamese restaurant and Bazz your ahead of me a mongolian place would be the job. Had some mexican food in The Texas Steak House on Friday its good stuff and decent portions much better than spur who's food does fluctuate up and down a lot. Can't wait for "The Mexican" to open Limerick needs Steak Ranchero had it in Mexico best food I ever ate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭RPGGAMER

yes. a mongolian would be great. used to frequent the one in cork. five pound and you'd go up and down as much times as you like and they cook it on front of you!!!it was my fav. restaurant. sheer quantity and tastiness and healthwise. great after training. pig out. mmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Is that mexican resturant open yet ?

Still not open

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Thanks Sioda

Sorry to dig a thread out of the graveyard but great news Limerick has got a proper Mexican restaurant called Los Amigos down next to the Locke has anyone been?? I know it opened in the last few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Now there is some good news
    Ill b visiting soon i have no doubt
    Anyone been ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Is 'The Mexian' not a proper Mexican restuarant?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

'the mexican' is more like a take away. I thought the new place was on steamboat quay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭motormouthmable

things are getting mixed up. "the mexican" is a take away/diner type on o'connell street. the new mexican restaurant "los amigos" opened just now between the locke bar and moll darby (i think that "los amigos" place it was a french restaurant before). was walking there and they even have LCD TVs outside in the smoking area! how insane is this?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

I went to Los Amigos twice since they opened. Its real mexican food ( I know the owners, they brought a chef from Mexico ). The food is delicious but the service can be slow if they are busy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Elbows

Los amigos is alright, kinda lost points cos our starter and main course were very similar but thats not really their fault. Their cocktails are AMAZING though, try the mojito!

Nowhere in Limerick is within a street of 'la salsa' in galway though. Cheap, filling and gorgeous :D

Hhmmmmm i had forgotten about this.. might have to check it out :)

Well finally got there last nite and what can I tell ya it was Yum. Good varyed menu and even people who arent to familiar with mexican food will find some thing they like.

Bottle of Corona 3.90 cheaper than most pubs in town and the cocktails are good especially the mojito gotta agree with elbows.

Expense wise starters from 6.50 to 10.00 and mains from 13.50 to 23.50 so not too bad at all.

All in all high praise and high recommendations. If going on a weekend definatly book.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Cool! I Might pop in there after I go ice-skating next week. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

A friend went last week and the service was very poor. When they complained the waitress at the end of the evening asked them if they would like to try a Mexican drink. Thinking it was on the house they all said yes but the price was added to the bill. She seriously didn't recommend it. The food wasn't good enough to warrant such bad service.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ballinloughan

Anyone got a phone number for los amigos??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ballinloughan

Thank you folks ..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement